My UFC 155 Bets - Post Yours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He got taken down because he was fighting at altitude, out of shape and was getting the snot beat out of him by Hunt towards the latter half of R1.

If that's the basis for the argument of Gabe being able to take down Rothwell then I think you're really reaching.

Don't buy the altitude thing at all, Hunt was at the same altitude no? Rothwell's like super-size Pat Cote, a great chin with hardly any offensive skill. Gonzaga really has an advantage no matter where the fight goes.

Quick question for those on 5 Dimes in the USA, for your first withdrawal did you do Western Union or Money Gram? Not sure how either work really. WU you go pick it up somewhere and MG mails it to your house?

To contribute, I'm going to probably bet $100 on JDS and maybe JDS/Cain don't go the distance (depending on the line).

Sorry to bump, just in case anyone missed who could maybe offer some advice..?

Trying to cash out today and move over to bookmaker.

Don't buy the altitude thing at all, Hunt was at the same altitude no? Rothwell's like super-size Pat Cote, a great chin with hardly any offensive skill. Gonzaga really has an advantage no matter where the fight goes.

Firstly, every HW on that card gassed including Hunt. People were bitching about Hunt's performance saying it was the sloppiest fight ever wah wah wah when it was a great performance against an insanely resilient opponent at altitude, all things considered.

Nevertheless, no one gassed as bad as Rothwell simply because no one was taking the ridiculous bombs that Hunt was throwing on Rothwell's chin. Taking a beating from Hunt can do that to you.

Rothwell fought through a blown ACL in the Yvel fight. He's also lost about 20 pounds IIRC. I would not worry about his cardio at all.

I think people are selling Rothwell short if they think Gabe will tool Rothwell wherever the fight goes but perhaps I think more highly of Big Ben's skillset against a mid-tier MW like Gabe than most.

QT, I'm not really feeling the Gonzaga play.

Rothwell hasn't been tapped in 8 years. He'll have the wrestling advantage. I think he'll have the advantage in the boxing exchanges simply because Gonzaga gets rocked more easily than Rothwell. Ben is insanely resilient; Gabe is not. Gabe can possibly outpoint Ben but Gabe's footwork is very plodding and that doesn't bode well for lasting 15 minutes against a HW with decent power/good G&P.

Maybe I'm out to lunch here but I'm just not feeling confident about Gonzaga in this spot here. What are you banking on? Gonzaga controlling him in top control on the ground? He's not Cain Velasquez. He's not going to beat him up on the feet like Hunt and then G&P him... I'm not really confident about how GG wins this fight more times than not, let alone 2/3 times. What are you seeing that I'm not?

Best of luck though bro

thought I was the only one NOT confident in Gonzaga, he should be a favorite but no so sure if he should be -200. He must win 2/3 just to make it breakeven, I just fail to see the value here...

the altitude is a real factor, how can you seriously ignore that?

I don't get it, Hunt was also gassed?

QT, I'm not really feeling the Gonzaga play.

Rothwell hasn't been tapped in 8 years. He'll have the wrestling advantage. I think he'll have the advantage in the boxing exchanges simply because Gonzaga gets rocked more easily than Rothwell. Ben is insanely resilient; Gabe is not. Gabe can possibly outpoint Ben but Gabe's footwork is very plodding and that doesn't bode well for lasting 15 minutes against a HW with decent power/good G&P.

Maybe I'm out to lunch here but I'm just not feeling confident about Gonzaga in this spot here. What are you banking on? Gonzaga controlling him in top control on the ground? He's not Cain Velasquez. He's not going to beat him up on the feet like Hunt and then G&P him... I'm not really confident about how GG wins this fight more times than not, let alone 2/3 times. What are you seeing that I'm not?

Best of luck though bro

Since when can Rothwell wrestle?

Since when can Rothwell wrestle?

Since before Gabe?

He's no world beater but I think he's got better offensive wrestling than Gabe. Having said that, I doubt he looks to take Gabe down given GG's dangerous guard. Also, Gabe has decent clinch TDs and Rothwell's defensive wrestling is lacklustre, particularly deeper into fights so Gabe may have the effective wrestling advantage here. Fair enough

Since before Gabe?

He's no world beater but I think he's got better offensive wrestling than Gabe. Having said that, I doubt he looks to take Gabe down given GG's dangerous guard. Also, Gabe has decent clinch TDs and Rothwell's defensive wrestling is lacklustre, particularly deeper into fights so Gabe may have the effective wrestling advantage here. Fair enough

That's not fair, you can't disagree when I say it and agree when he says the same thing lol

Since before Gabe?

Rothwell has bad wrestling and athleticism.
The only way he wins is if Gonzaga thinks he's a striker again and Rothwell gets a lucky shot.

He's not a UFC level fighter in any division but HW.

I'll be on:

- JDS inside the distance, hopefully at -150ish. I'll hate to see Cain lose, but JDS is a really bad matchup for him. I won on this one the first time around.

- Phillippou while better than -200. Boetsch has gotten stupidly lucky in his last two fights.

- Varner if he gets close to even.

I've won on Lauzon several times in the past and would love to bet on him again, but it's hard for me to imagine him subbing Miller. Ill prob stay away, even if he gets to +200.

Future:
- Rothwell if +175 or better.
- Probably Bisping, still thinking about it.

That's not fair, you can't disagree when I say it and agree when he says the same thing lol

LOL. My apologies JKD. I was merely trying to point out that you shouldn't be fading Rothwell's wrestling on the basis of the Hunt fight because there were a number of factors at play which heavily factored into Rothwell's inability to stuff TDs (namely the beatdown from Hunt, the altitude and the poor conditioning/ring rust in his first fight back following ACL surgery).

5dimes lets you bet again whenever they reset their servers, which is every 5 minutes or so. It doesn't matter whether or not the odds change. You can keep betting 25 or 100 or whatever again and again as long as you are patient.

What are your limits for straight bets and props, by the way? I'm just curious.
Ah ok, thanks.

Limit seems to be set at $100 profit per single bet, i.e. a -200 bet would be limited to $200 per bet, etc. Props I'm not sure, but I'm assuming it's the same. Parlays don't seem to have that limit, I've had parlays hit well over $100 and there wasn't any ever limit on as far as I know.

LOL. My apologies JKD. I was merely trying to point out that you shouldn't be fading Rothwell's wrestling on the basis of the Hunt fight because there were a number of factors at play which heavily factored into Rothwell's inability to stuff TDs (namely the beatdown from Hunt, the altitude and the poor conditioning/ring rust in his first fight back following ACL surgery).

haha, no prob's just kidding. Gonzaga's td's aren't bad though, he took Carwin down for a start (though not sure at what altitude ;]) . That said, it's his chin you worry about or else it'd really be a pure no-briner. At -200 I'll probably pass take him, and start looking at value on props on Rothwell by ko instead. He did look physically good against Schaub, but was taking a beating until he landed the shot which finished it iirc. I really don't rate the guy at all, but with hw's you never know.

Paddy has Lentz @+175 vs Nunes. Sounds good to me, thoughts?

edit: threw fiddy on, would put more if it weren't so long away.

Last edited:
Paddy has Lentz @+175 vs Nunes. Sounds good to me, thoughts?

edit: threw fiddy on, would put more if it weren't so long away.

I like Lentz a lot at that price. He looked awesome in his featherweight debut, and while Nunes looked great against Bart, I think Lentz can use his pressure and wrestling to steal 2 rounds from him.

A lot of you guys are on Lauzon. I'm a big Lauzon fan, but I'm not seeing his route to victory here.

Anyone want to offer a little analysis on this one?

The way I see the fight Homunculus. Lauzon is a killer round one, but he fades a lot after that. See the George Sot fight. He was getting beat by Varner until he gassed (took the fight on short notice iirc) and got the sub win. Miller is an extremely tough guy who has solid boxing and bjj. If Lauzon is going to win this, it will be early. If it goes late in the second/third round, I see Miller winning the fight, possibly ITD.

Rothwell has bad wrestling and athleticism.
The only way he wins is if Gonzaga thinks he's a striker again and Rothwell gets a lucky shot.

He's not a UFC level fighter in any division but HW.

Neither is Roy Nelson then because he lost to......Ben Rothwell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back