My theory on the reason for this whole Wanderlei random drug testing fiasco...

Your point? These are pro athletes, its not like a random test is a breach of their integrity...they have to get tested in their line of work.

And before you spew some bs about standard protocol, let me say I support random drug tests and if Wanderlei didnt want to take his then he probably wasnt clean

I'm not against random drug testing, either. What I'm against is selectively using random drug testing as a bullying tool in a contract negotiation.

My theory on this whole Wand random drug testing fiasco:

1. UFC 185 will be a HUGE PPV selling, 4th July card (Weidman/Machida, Sonnen/Wand, Rousey/Alexis)
  2. Rightfully so, Wand asks for a PPV cut
  3. Dana declines (Weidman/Machida/Sonnen/Rousey most likely got the PPV cut. If Wand gets a PPV cut, too, Dana won't be able to afford snow for his Vegas home this Christmas nor $50k blackjack bets.)
  4. Wand refuses to sign unless given a PPV cut
  5. Dana plays hardball and gets the drug testing people to drop in randomly on Wand (normally, random drug testing is only done with people on TRT or those who signed an agreement because of testing problems in the past, e.g. Overeem)
  6. Wand refuses to take the random test
  7. Possible scenarios: (a) Dana cuts Wand, and he moves to Bellator, (b) Lorenzo steps in and shows Dana who's boss; Wand stays in the UFC
My theory on this thread is your a troll.

I'm not against random drug testing, either. What I'm against is selectively using random drug testing as a bullying tool in a contract negotiation.

You're hypothesis is very speculative. It may have happened they way you say, but it feels more likely that it didn't.

Of course random tests can get out of control if a fighter gets tested several times before a fight in such a way that it interferes with his training, but if it's just once, regardless of bullying methods or whatever, you should probably take it assuming you are clean...something I believe Wanderlei was not.

1. Why would it be "rightfully so"? If a PPV cut wasn't in Wand's contract, it wasn't in his contract. And nobody would be buying that card just for Wand who wouldn't be buying it anyway.

2. Overeem, Mir, JDS, Big Foot and Cain were all randomly drug tested at the presser prior to UFC 146. It was not just Reem being randomly tested due to TRT or prior testing problems. NSAC has been upping its efforts in re: random testing.

This is the post I was thinking of, though I recall Nelson getting caught in a random testing surprise appearance by the commission at some point in the past.

Contract terms are negotiable. Each fight is different.

Considering the fact that this card is a huge 4th of July card with Sonnen vs. Wand being 1 of the 3 main attractions, and Sonnen is most likely getting a PPV cut, it would be fightfully so for Wand to ask for one as well.

Sonnen isn't selling that matchup without Wand, and vice versa. Therefore, if Sonnen is getting a cut, Wand should get one as well.

Tell that to the Diaz brothers. You sign a contract for a certain number of fights, and it runs out when those fights are up. No difference between one fight and the next as far as the contract goes.

STFU noob.

MMA drug tests have never been randomly administered unless the fighters are on TRT or signed an agreement to get a conditional license, like in Overeem's case.

WRONG.

Reem and Lesnar before 141 were both randomly tested (neither had previous issues)

the whole main card for 146 was randomly tested

after the 175 presser (the day before 173) all fighters at the presser were tested...Weidman,Machida,Ronda,Davis had never had any issues...

so who is the MMA Noob now?

i think wand either was not going to pass for PEDs, or he wasnt going to pass because of recreational drugs

both would be horrible for him to fail on. a failed test this way is a much smaller asterisk than an actual fail

This is the post I was thinking of, though I recall Nelson getting caught in a random testing surprise appearance by the commission at some point in the past.

Yes, I have seen and replied to that post. I haven't seen a post about Nelson, though.

The thing is, the only fighters subjected to random testings are those who are/were on TRT or those who signed an agreement due to past lincensing problems (e.g. Overeem).

says who? as far as I know, anybody who plans to fight in Nevada (applied for a license or not) is subject to be tested randomly. If you have a license or are applying for a license and you refuse the test, license gone. If you haven't applied yet you can refuse and they can't do anything to you, BUT... when you do apply, DENIED.

117667-Oberyn-trial-gif-Imgur-huh-daf-41JO.gif

Oberyn is such a great character i'm going to be pretty sad if he The Mountain just smashes him

well wasnt the result... rather... mindblowing?

Wow, I'm guessing you have a pretty fantastic imagination.

WRONG.

Reem and Lesnar before 141 were both randomly tested (neither had previous issues)

Stop mentioning Reem. Go back and re-read about Reem's situation. I'm not going to repeat it.

the whole main card for 146 was randomly tested

1. Source?

2. How was it randomly tested?

after the 175 presser (the day before 173) all fighters at the presser were tested...Weidman,Machida,Ronda,Davis had never had any issues...so who

is the MMA Noob now?

Testing at the press conference isn't "random." It isn't the same as some guy randomly shows up at the fighter's gym while he/she is training and asks for a urine/blood sample...

If you cannot tell the difference, shut your mouth and don't be calling anyone a noob.

Stop mentioning Reem. Go back and re-read about Reem's situation. I'm not going to repeat it.

1. Source?

2. How was it randomly tested?

Testing at the press conference isn't "random." It isn't the same as some guy randomly shows up at the fighter's gym while he/she is training and asks for a urine/blood sample...

If you cannot tell the difference, shut your mouth and don't be calling anyone a noob.

WTF are you on about? are you really this fucking stupid.

The NSAC turning up unannounced at a press conference is fucking random you clueless idiot. Why did Reem run from them (pre 146 press) if he knew they were going to test him.

and Reem prior to his Lesnar fight never had a fucking testing issue. and the pre 141 random test was the first time he ever had problems with the NSAC.

so STFU you fool, as you seem to know fuck all about what you say.

the source...(read the last sentence knucklehead)

http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012...-ufc-146-title-testosterone-junior-dos-santos

TS is naive, or a long time troll.

WTF are you on about? are you really this fucking stupid.

The NSAC turning up unannounced at a press conference is fucking random you clueless idiot. Why did Reem run from them (pre 146 press) if he knew they were going to test him.

and Reem prior to his Lesnar fight never had a fucking testing issue. and the pre 141 random test was the first time he ever had problems with the NSAC.

Reem's random testing had to do with his conditional license for the Lesnar fight, because his (Reem's) test did not meet the NSAC's standards:

The Nevada State Athletic Commission today granted Overeem a conditional license to face Lesnar on Dec. 30, subject to a pre-fight drug test to be submitted in Europe within the next 72 hours, as well as an additional screen submitted in the U.S. when the Dutch heavyweight arrives for the contest.

Overeem

edit

never mind

My theory is he secretly hired Tito to be his manager and P.R, advisor. Its not easy to destroy a career that quickly. And ruin 2 decades of popularity in 2 months. Not showing up for the finals of his own guys was the breaking point for me.

I have nothing but pure speculation and I really hate to suggest thing without knowing but if he is having problems with actual drugs and not just performance enhancing drugs it would explain a lot. And honestly, if he got out in front of it now the fans would probably still forgive him. Then again I almost best the shit out of one of my best friends of 20 years when he suggested I simply just stop and have him the whole "mile in my shoes" bullshit and how most people wouldn't even be alive if they had to deal with what I had gone through and blah, blah, blah. I was pretty much bouncing between homicidal and suicidal which makes caring about even people you love extremely difficult. You lose all sense of good emotion and empathy. And keeping commitments to others isn't exactly on the top of the list that starts with "should I blow my head off today"

Anyway, as fucked up as it is to say I kinda hope it is that. At least the few of us that get thru it normally have a great deal of respect for life and other people after. Someone who is just a self-centered asshole at his age probably won't ever change

Back