My theory on the reason for this whole Wanderlei random drug testing fiasco...

Please don't I don't want to have to murder your family while The Rains Of Castamere plays in the background

[YT]ECewrAld3zw[/YT]

lol and I agree Oberyn is definitely Sexyama

- Oberyn is Sexyama , but Pedro Pascal...

tumblr_mp4bufdtNF1rx5mv3o1_500.png

:eek:

Go beard or go home son !

====

My God , what an epic death would that have been haha

Ignorance is bliss , right ?

WRONG !

How on earth have you resisted the urge to read every damn spoiler about the current season ?

Oh shit ... Am I the only one who checks Wikipedia to read the synopsis of a film before going to the cinema to watch it ? hahahahahahahahaha

I'm out , cya on Sunday . Looking forward to reading your impressions about the episode

Lool, no way will Dana cut Wand at this moment. Bellator exceeding 100k PPV buys and if they aquire Wand. Expect biss to be booming for Bellator. Dana will not have that.

Contract terms are negotiable. Each fight is different.

Considering the fact that this card is a huge 4th of July card with Sonnen vs. Wand being 1 of the 3 main attractions, and Sonnen is most likely getting a PPV cut, it would be fightfully so for Wand to ask for one as well.

Sonnen isn't selling that matchup without Wand, and vice versa. Therefore, if Sonnen is getting a cut, Wand should get one as well.

You are assuming Chael gets PPV points and using it to fuel your entire tin foil conspiracy. So I will assume Chael was smart enough to have that in negotiated into his contract given how well he sells his fights.

If it is in Chaels contract but not Wands then Wandy is not rightfully entitled to the same treatment. He can ask but the UFC is rightfully entitled to decline his request. Chael could sell a fight versus his Grandma and did most of the leg work outside of TUF in selling this fight.

The most fascinating point in the OP is the Rousey gets a cut of the PPV. Does she bring in any viewers? I mean would anyone buy a card to see her, or drop a card if she wasn't on it?

She reportedly drew 10k buys less than Jones vs Tex and outdrew Hendricks vs Lawler by 20-40k.

Lame troll attempt.

Why do people care if people take performance enhancing drug? I really don't get it, you still have to work your ass off! Why do humans care so much about what others do, mind your own business, and focus on you & yours! Every athlete these days takes something whether legal or illegal, if we want to get rid of people using PEDs then you need to outlaw every type of performance booster across the board, legal or illegal they both enhance performance! I've personally never taken anything illegal to enhance my performance athletically, stuff from GNC of course but thats it! Would i if i could get my hands on some and afford it for sure why the fuck not!

- Oberyn is Sexyama , but Pedro Pascal...

tumblr_mp4bufdtNF1rx5mv3o1_500.png

:eek:

Go beard or go home son !

====

My God , what an epic death would that have been haha

Ignorance is bliss , right ?

WRONG !

How on earth have you resisted the urge to read every damn spoiler about the current season ?

Oh shit ... Am I the only one who checks Wikipedia to read the synopsis of a film before going to the cinema to watch it ? hahahahahahahahaha

I'm out , cya on Sunday . Looking forward to reading your impressions about the episode

If either one of you haven't read the books, you should! Fucking epic books and personally I like the show but not to happy with the way they been changing things.

My theory is that Wand was too afraid of losing to Chael. He was NOT afraid of the damage that Chael could inflict,afterall he fought CroCop. But he was afraid of losing to a guy he hates and wanted to teach a lesson. He delayed the fights many times because he didnt feel in top form to be able to fight Chael with little risk.

Bingo!

You are assuming Chael gets PPV points and using it to fuel your entire tin foil conspiracy. So I will assume Chael was smart enough to have that in negotiated into his contract given how well he sells his fights.

If it is in Chaels contract but not Wands then Wandy is not rightfully entitled to the same treatment. He can ask but the UFC is rightfully entitled to decline his request.

First of all, you're speaking as if the terms of a contract are fixed and not renegotiable.

Second of all, you're speaking as if the terms of a contract for one fight applies for the terms of future fights.

They're not.

For each new fight, the fighters sign new contracts.

Examples: Gilbert Melendez, Jon Jones. (I'm sure there are many more)

Chael could sell a fight versus his Grandma and did most of the leg work outside of TUF in selling this fight.

Stop exaggerating.

How well did Sonnen vs. Stann do?

Let me help you out: 225k PPV sold.
(piss poor, and that was with Edgar and Aldo title fights.)

Be honest and give credits where its due: Sonnen can be a draw if he is matched up against big name opponents.

Wand might be out of his prime, but he's a big name, and everyone knows the "beef" between Sonnen and Wand would sell big time, especially on the Weidman/Machida 4th of July card.

The human mind is an amazing thing. We can pretty much reason our selves into believing anything.

No. Silva skipped a random drug test. That's the only controversy.

You need to go back and re-read it again.

It's pretty easy to speculate as to why a fighter would refuse a random test.

However, the question is, why was he subjected to a random drug test when he is/was not on TRT nor did he sign any agreement (like Overeem) to take random drug testings?

You made up that bs about random drug testing. Guys get tested regardless if they were on trt or what they signed.

You made up that bs about random drug testing. Guys get tested regardless if they were on trt or what they signed.

STFU noob.

MMA drug tests have never been randomly administered unless the fighters are on TRT or signed an agreement to get a conditional license, like in Overeem's case.

wasn't there a story about random tests becoming more frequent, along with blood tests, like a month or two ago?

Browne got tested because of Barnett. Glover got tested because Jones requested it. Wand gets tested because Sonnen was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locust rising View Post

STFU noob.

MMA drug tests have never been randomly administered unless the fighters are on TRT or signed an agreement to get a conditional license, like in Overeem's case.

I guy earlier in this very thread mentioned a scenario where Nelson and others with no history of problems nor on TRT were randomly tested. I like how you conveniently ignore that post which is just a couple pages earlier because it's not useful for your argument.

Facts - We don't need no stinking facts!

First of all, you're speaking as if the terms of a contract are fixed and not renegotiable.

Second of all, you're speaking as if the terms of a contract for one fight applies for the terms of future fights.

They're not.

For each new fight, the fighters sign new contracts.

Examples: Gilbert Melendez, Jon Jones. (I'm sure there are many more)

I was referring to Sonnen's contract with the UFC not his individual fight agreements. He likely had PPV points worked in much like the UFC had written in PPV points for Eddie Alvarez when they made their offer to him.

Fighters sign a contract with the UFC for X amount of fights and or for X amount of years. Then each fight they take they sign a bout agreement but if their UFC contract has a clause for PPV points sharing then every time they agree to a fight on PPV, that bout agreement has to uphold the terms of their UFC contract.

And while contracts are renegoiable, the UFC do not have to renegotiate a contract if they see no reason to. See Diaz, Nate for reference.

Wand had agreed to fight Sonnen when he took the TUF gig. If he wanted PPV points he needed to make it clear at that time before agreeing to it and subsquently filming the show. Chael repeatedly stated that Wand had not yet signed his physical fight agreement. If Wand had not because he was angling for PPV points, he had little leverage given he had already orally agreed to the fight and had stated how bad he wanted the fight and how personal it was to him.

Stop exaggerating.

How well did Sonnen vs. Stann do?

Let me help you out: 225k PPV sold.
(piss poor, and that was with Edgar and Aldo title fights.)

Be honest and give credits where its due: Sonnen can be a draw if he is matched up against big name opponents.

Wand might be out of his prime, but he's a big name, and everyone knows the "beef" between Sonnen and Wand would sell big time, especially on the Weidman/Machida 4th of July card.

I can also take things out of context to make points. Wand fought a bigger name at 147 in Franklin and they did 140k buys. But within context that card was a TUF finale and the card fell apart. Those 2 names alone could not sell that card.

Sonnen (within context) did not want to fight Stann. But being a company man agreed to fight his friend, whom he deeply respected. He never went into Sonnen mode to try and sell that fight. He never said a negative thing about Stann, it was all butterflies and rainbows.

Also of note the lighter weight classes do not sell well on PPV and 136 had come 3 weeks after 135 which did over 500k buys and it was 2 weeks before 137 (which did under 300k with Penn vs Diaz as headliner). UFC 139 happened 3 weeks after 137 and also did under 300k with Shogun vs Hendo, Wandy vs Cung Le and Faber on that same card. So it was not just Sonnen in that time frame that did not sell, cards in general regardless of how stacked (see 136 and 139) were not selling save for Jones vs Rampage.

I guy earlier in this very thread mentioned a scenario where Nelson and others with no history of problems nor on TRT were randomly tested. I like how you conveniently ignore that post which is just a couple pages earlier because it's not useful for your argument.

Facts - We don't need no stinking facts!

I didn't see any mention of Nelson, and I did not ignore anything. If you could show me the post, I'd be happy to reply to it.

As far as Nelson's testing is concerned, I do not recall him being randomly tested. All I remember was that he was one of the few MMA fighters who requested for additional testing (via VADA) and challenged his then opponent (Shane Carwin) to do the same.

And as far as I remember, nothing came out of it.

The thing is, the only fighters subjected to random testings are those who are/were on TRT or those who signed an agreement due to past lincensing problems (e.g. Overeem).

Your point? These are pro athletes, its not like a random test is a breach of their integrity...they have to get tested in their line of work.

And before you spew some bs about standard protocol, let me say I support random drug tests and if Wanderlei didnt want to take his then he probably wasnt clean

Back