My theory on the reason for this whole Wanderlei random drug testing fiasco...

1. UFC 175, TS. Not 185.
2. Stop living in the past. Wanderlei deserves to be paid, but PPV points? GTFO. Pride's been dead for 7 years and Prime Wanderlei is nothing but a distant memory.
3. I'm pretty sure Dana can't order the NSAC around. Oh, and they test everyone now. Not just TRT users (especially now that TRT has been banned).

I usually change My Av depending on what I'm looking forward to. The Red Viper will take up this spot for now then it will be Miguel Cotto Then Rousey lol

I just started reading the books so idk what happens, but I can't fucking wait to see

2 words : Epic fight

2 more days :D

2 words : Epic fight

2 more days :D

117667-Oberyn-trial-gif-Imgur-huh-daf-41JO.gif

Oberyn is such a great character i'm going to be pretty sad if he The Mountain just smashes him

everybody knows why a person would run from a random test. everbody..

we dont need no complicated theory

Sometimes there is a story.
Overeem ran from his random test. But it turned out that his lawyer had given him a steroid for an injury, which he was not aware of.
Makes perfect sense...

1. UFC 175, TS. Not 185.

Thanks for the typo correction.

2. Stop living in the past.

WTF, I'm not even his fan. What past are you talking about?

Wanderlei deserves to be paid, but PPV points? GTFO.

Chael is selling this matchup because of the supposed "beef" between him and Wand. If Chael is getting PPV points, Wand should be as well. You need to use your head.

Pride's been dead for 7 years and Prime Wanderlei is nothing but a distant memory.

I'm not a Wanderlei fan, but he's more relevant, then and now, than that guy in your avatar. You shouldn't be opening your mouth before you use your head, lol.

3. I'm pretty sure Dana can't order the NSAC around. Oh, and they test everyone now. Not just TRT users (especially now that TRT has been banned).

No they don't. Lorenzo said "enhanced drug testing" would be "too expensive."

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/05/hefty-...but-UFC-remains-committed-to-battling-ped-use

My point was not about Dana and his income. It was about the feeling that Dana is an all powerful overlord of the UFC. He has people he answers to was my point. That was the part of the theory I was disagreeing with.

Sorry brah, I get you. Thought I was being kool and original but I've been beaten to it by fifteen others.

My theory on this whole Wand random drug testing fiasco:

1. UFC 185 will be a HUGE PPV selling, 4th July card (Weidman/Machida, Sonnen/Wand, Rousey/Alexis)
  2. Rightfully so, Wand asks for a PPV cut
  3. Dana declines (Weidman/Machida/Sonnen/Rousey most likely got the PPV cut. If Wand gets a PPV cut, too, Dana won't be able to afford snow for his Vegas home this Christmas nor $50k blackjack bets.)
  4. Wand refuses to sign unless given a PPV cut
  5. Dana plays hardball and gets the drug testing people to drop in randomly on Wand (normally, random drug testing is only done with people on TRT or those who signed an agreement because of testing problems in the past, e.g. Overeem)
  6. Wand refuses to take the random test
  7. Possible scenarios: (a) Dana cuts Wand, and he moves to Bellator, (b) Lorenzo steps in and shows Dana who's boss; Wand stays in the UFC

Or, it could be aliens.

Sometimes there is a story.
Overeem ran from his random test. But it turned out that his lawyer had given him a steroid for an injury, which he was not aware of.
Makes perfect sense...

This.

If in doubt blame it on the leech bag lawyer.

Lorenzo said "enhanced drug testing" would be "too expensive."
I'll rephrase, then.
Any fighter on the UFC roster can be randomly tested by the NSAC at any time now.
Which wasn't the case a few months ago, when only TRT users were being monitored.

I'm not saying every single one of them gets systematically tested.
WTF, I'm not even his fan. What past are you talking about?
You've come up with a crazy, unsubstantiated conspiracy theory to shift the blame from Wanderlei to Dana, and you're not even a Wanderlei fan?
Wow. That's... confusing.
I applaud your attempt anyway.

Contract terms are negotiable. Each fight is different.

Considering the fact that this card is a huge 4th of July card with Sonnen vs. Wand being 1 of the 3 main attractions, and Sonnen is most likely getting a PPV cut, it would be fightfully so for Wand to ask for one as well.

Sonnen isn't selling that matchup without Wand, and vice versa. Therefore, if Sonnen is getting a cut, Wand should get one as well.

Overeem - as I already mentioned, he signed an agreement with the NSAC for random drug testing, to get licensed, because of his prior problems with testings.

Mir - TRT

Bigfoot - TRT.

JDS - not sure.

Cain - not sure.

1. I disagree. Sonnen has a history of selling PPVs, Wand does not. I'm not saying Wand shouldn't try to get whatever he can, but there's nothing "rightfully so" about him "deserving" it.

2. The thing about Reem, is that he agreed to extra testing because of the issues with him avoiding a random test before the Lesnar fight.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/12/...rug-test-snafu-results-in-conditional-license

In a meeting at the Grant Sawyer State Office Building in Las Vegas, commission executive director Keith Kizer told the governing body that he had difficulty in setting up a random drug test with Overeem after informing him of his intentions on November 17. Random tests are generally completed within 48 hours of notice.

And now, almost a month later and with less than three weeks to go until the fight, they have yet to receive test results from him.

So that was a random test they tried to give Reem, and did give to Lesnar, before he had any recorded drug issues. In addition, Cain, JDS and Nelson were all also tested (in addition to Mir and Big Foot who had TRT TUEs), and none of them had any prior drug failures or TRT issues.

The other thing to note is that Travis Browne had extra testing, blood testing and random testing before he fought Barnett. Apparently it was because Barnett was going to get extra testing to his pas indiscretions, and they wanted it to be "fair." So that could also be a part of it, since Wand was going to fight Sonnen - the intent may have been to test them both the same.

117667-Oberyn-trial-gif-Imgur-huh-daf-41JO.gif

Oberyn is such a great character i'm going to be pretty sad if he The Mountain just smashes him

giphy.gif

Must ... resist ... the urge ... to spoil ... everything ... I MUST RESIST GODDAMN IT!

Oberyn is the GoT version of Sexyama lol

Motivated Oberyn vs The Mountain . Should be fun to watch

The most fascinating point in the OP is the Rousey gets a cut of the PPV. Does she bring in any viewers? I mean would anyone buy a card to see her, or drop a card if she wasn't on it?

The most fascinating point in the OP is the Rousey gets a cut of the PPV. Does she bring in any viewers? I mean would anyone buy a card to see her, or drop a card if she wasn't on it?

Yes.

Apparently the 340k people who bought UFC 170 , bought it for her ...

Oh wait ... they bought it to see the Starbucks guy zzzzzzz

giphy.gif

Must ... resist ... the urge ... to spoil ... everything ... I MUST RESIST GODDAMN IT!

Oberyn is the GoT version of Sexyama lol

Motivated Oberyn vs The Mountain . Should be fun to watch

Please don't I don't want to have to murder your family while The Rains Of Castamere plays in the background

[YT]ECewrAld3zw[/YT]

lol and I agree Oberyn is definitely Sexyama

Back