My dad told me that corruption ruined MMA for him.

My dad and I watch almost every single fight card. He is more informed then the typical casual, but he isn't a hardcore by any means. Over the past few years, I have filled him in on some of shit that goes on behind the scenes like USADA corruption, weight cutting, steroids, bullshit match ups and he told me today that he doesn't really care about the sport anymore. He said that all of the controversy, Conor punching the old dude, dolly, Jones being juiced has ruined all the fun. He says its a dirty fucking sport full of shitty people, and that Dana white is a C***sucker. Hard to disagree with him.

I just showed him the thread with Paulo Costa at 236lbs and explained that he fights at 185. He said he doesn't really care if he ever watches fights ever again, and this a guy who has been watching them almost 15 years.

As many new people that are watching the sport, there plenty of people that are sick of it and are watching less and less.. I am starting to feel this way more and more.
Your daddy hasnt been watching mma long at all if hes new to its steroids and controversy.

Makes me wonder if Daddy is 40 and you're 10

Your problem is thinking the UFC is a sport.
It used to be, back in the day when title shots where given due to performance in the cage, not a popularity contest online.
UFC, in it's almost 27 year history, has never been a sport.

If he was going to stop watching due to corruption he should have stopped during the TUF Noob era. So many of the fights around TUF 1 that went to the judges were shady.
A lot of those judges were more incompetent than corrupt. Not saying I disagree though.

Your dad sounds like a good dude who is simply not an MMA fan and never will be.

No worries.

Fair play.

A small percentage of people still have integrity.
It's the hardest it's ever been to be an MMA fan. All of it has gone to shit, mostly due to the UFC. They hold the best talent, but they're the worst company to wield it.

I just wish I had a Dad :(
giphy.gif

Boxing is way ahead of UFC in corruption even with Dana and Conor gobbling each others dicks.

My dad and I watch almost every single fight card. He is more informed then the typical casual, but he isn't a hardcore by any means. Over the past few years, I have filled him in on some of shit that goes on behind the scenes like USADA corruption, weight cutting, steroids, bullshit match ups and he told me today that he doesn't really care about the sport anymore. He said that all of the controversy, Conor punching the old dude, dolly, Jones being juiced has ruined all the fun. He says its a dirty fucking sport full of shitty people, and that Dana white is a C***sucker. Hard to disagree with him.

I just showed him the thread with Paulo Costa at 236lbs and explained that he fights at 185. He said he doesn't really care if he ever watches fights ever again, and this a guy who has been watching them almost 15 years.

As many new people that are watching the sport, there plenty of people that are sick of it and are watching less and less.. I am starting to feel this way more and more.

What sports does he like? Like what sports does he thing are not corrupt?

Its pretty obvious he is lying about his dad. He made it all up and used his dad to make it look like the UFC will lose casuals because of "corruption"
Yeah sounds like a load of bollocks.

I just realized mods deleted the GOAT comment in the beginning.

Back