My dad told me that corruption ruined MMA for him.

This is 100% true. There are certain fighters (not just Jones) who have a "I can never get popped by USADA" card. It's so f**king obvious.
The whole UFC and USADA relationship is corrupt as hell. USADA is almost like a department in the UFC, there is no integrity or accountability.
It's all just window-dressing to make it look legit.

And I don't think either UFC or USADA really cares too much if it doesn't look good. Love to know how much cash (small non-sequential used bills..) changes hands every month from UFC to USADA. Probably offshore accounts, Cayman Islands or something. Just my opinion on that.
So.... baseless accusations without any evidence

Ive been watching combat sports before The UFC's MMA. And I can honestly say there is less corruption now then in the 'golden era' of MMA. Boxing was the perfect example of a corrupt spot. Not sure if they have really cleaned it up or not. And what is going on now with the USADA is less fishey then what baseball went through in the 80's and early 90's. I think its more of transition issues than actual corruption going on. But only time will tell.

I think the golden era of MMA is still in the future.

ACTUAL evidence of wrongdoing...

Jones failed over 4 tests before the gus rematch. You think if it was some random guy between ranks 15-20 he would have been allowed to fight? You think they would have said it was a grain of salt in an olympic sized swimming pool, so its ok that he failed for steroids?

Get real dude

So.... baseless accusations without any evidence
As per my post I said "Just my opinion on that".

You're *perfectly* entitled to a different opinion, no problem. And i'm not obligated to provide a bunch of evidence for my opinions on what is happening there, this isn't a court of law. You have yourself a nice naive day.

My dad and I watch almost every single fight card. He is more informed then the typical casual, but he isn't a hardcore by any means. Over the past few years, I have filled him in on some of shit that goes on behind the scenes like USADA corruption, weight cutting, steroids, bullshit match ups and he told me today that he doesn't really care about the sport anymore. He said that all of the controversy, Conor punching the old dude, dolly, Jones being juiced has ruined all the fun. He says its a dirty fucking sport full of shitty people, and that Dana white is a C***sucker. Hard to disagree with him.

I just showed him the thread with Paulo Costa at 236lbs and explained that he fights at 185. He said he doesn't really care if he ever watches fights ever again, and this a guy who has been watching them almost 15 years.

As many new people that are watching the sport, there plenty of people that are sick of it and are watching less and less.. I am starting to feel this way more and more.
The sport didn't drive your dad away, you did.

I think Jones/Gus 2 was breaking point for me, can't take it seriously anymore.
Also TJ who ruined Cody's career and health,was only suspended, when they should give him lifeban ,they know he was on EPO earlier.
You can't takie it seriously when most popular fight of the year is Conor vs Cerrone, Conor with last win in 2016 and Cerrone 4-6 in last 10. It's circus.

It's a big reason I stopped watching pro-wrestling. It just felt dirty. Guys dying, getting CTE, politics, steroid and drug abuse, etc. It was like supporting the circus.

UFC is certainly getting there with its focus on entertainment rather than sport and legitimacy.

My dad and I watch almost every single fight card. He is more informed then the typical casual, but he isn't a hardcore by any means. Over the past few years, I have filled him in on some of shit that goes on behind the scenes like USADA corruption, weight cutting, steroids, bullshit match ups and he told me today that he doesn't really care about the sport anymore. He said that all of the controversy, Conor punching the old dude, dolly, Jones being juiced has ruined all the fun. He says its a dirty fucking sport full of shitty people, and that Dana white is a C***sucker. Hard to disagree with him.

I just showed him the thread with Paulo Costa at 236lbs and explained that he fights at 185. He said he doesn't really care if he ever watches fights ever again, and this a guy who has been watching them almost 15 years.

As many new people that are watching the sport, there plenty of people that are sick of it and are watching less and less.. I am starting to feel this way more and more.
Your dad sits down when he expels urine

Corruption didn't ruin mma for your dad.

You ruined mma for your dad with talks of corruption he did not know about.

Ignorance was bliss.

For shame.

Back