My dad told me that corruption ruined MMA for him.

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
My dad and I watch almost every single fight card. He is more informed then the typical casual, but he isn't a hardcore by any means. Over the past few years, I have filled him in on some of shit that goes on behind the scenes like USADA corruption, weight cutting, steroids, bullshit match ups and he told me today that he doesn't really care about the sport anymore. He said that all of the controversy, Conor punching the old dude, dolly, Jones being juiced has ruined all the fun. He says its a dirty fucking sport full of shitty people, and that Dana white is a C***sucker. Hard to disagree with him.

I just showed him the thread with Paulo Costa at 236lbs and explained that he fights at 185. He said he doesn't really care if he ever watches fights ever again, and this a guy who has been watching them almost 15 years.

As many new people that are watching the sport, there plenty of people that are sick of it and are watching less and less.. I am starting to feel this way more and more.

My dad and I watch almost every single fight card. He is more informed then the typical casual, but he isn't a hardcore by any means. Over the past few years, I have filled him in on some of shit that goes on behind the scenes like USADA corruption, weight cutting, steroids, bullshit match ups and he told me today that he doesn't really care about the sport anymore. He said that all of the controversy, Conor punching the old dude, dolly, Jones being juiced has ruined all the fun. He says its a dirty fucking sport full of shitty people, and that Dana white is a C***sucker. Hard to disagree with him.

I just showed him the thread with Paulo Costa at 236lbs and explained that he fights at 185. He said he doesn't really care if he ever watches fights ever again, and this a guy who has been watching them almost 15 years.

As many new people that are watching the sport, there plenty of people that are sick of it and are watching less and less.. I am starting to feel this way more and more.
Doubt it lol. Steroids ain’t nothing new if your dad was a fan for that long. And rampage’s rampage makes connor look like a saint.

weight cutting, steroids: yeah, these things didn’t happen before

sigh

Everything you mentioned is just a part of combat sports.

I think a lot of people who aren’t really into fighting are put off by those things. But they will still prob tune in for the Conor fight and that’s about it.

Weight cutting is normal.
USADA isn't corrupt.
Jones is not juiced.
This is just batshit conspiracy yelling at the sky shit.

Yeah, Conor did some dumb shit. The UFC should maybe hold him accountable like any team sport would. But that's your only legit gripe.

I'm a dad myself but I wish I had a dad like yours

Ive been watching combat sports before The UFC's MMA. And I can honestly say there is less corruption now then in the 'golden era' of MMA. Boxing was the perfect example of a corrupt spot. Not sure if they have really cleaned it up or not. And what is going on now with the USADA is less fishey then what baseball went through in the 80's and early 90's. I think its more of transition issues than actual corruption going on. But only time will tell.

Your father is gonna have a hard time finding a new sport to watch.

Doubt it lol. Steroids ain’t nothing new if your dad was a fan for that long. And rampage’s rampage makes connor look like a saint.

Well everyone knew about steroids, but it wasn't confirmed like it was in the cases of Jones and TJ. We had the benefit of doubt beforehand but now its 100% certain and there are test results to back it up.

Conor has multiple rape allegations and hits on old guys when they don't try his whiskey. Cheats on his wife, is a cokehead, and is epitome of an egomaniac. All facts.

Well everyone knew about steroids, but it wasn't confirmed like it was in the cases of Jones and TJ. We had the benefit of doubt beforehand but now its 100% certain and there are test results to back it up.

Conor has multiple rape allegations and hits on old guys when they don't try his whiskey. Cheats on his wife, is a cokehead, and is epitome of an egomaniac. All facts.

Tell that to Barnett. It was 100% confirmed back then.

Weight cutting is normal.
USADA isn't corrupt.
Jones is not juiced.
This is just batshit conspiracy yelling at the sky shit.

Yeah, Conor did some dumb shit. The UFC should maybe hold him accountable like any team sport would. But that's your only legit gripe.

USADA is corrupt. They are partial to the sentences that they hand out. Why did Sean O Malley get in trouble for ostarine, but Nate Diaz didn't? Even Tom Lawlor was given 2 years for the same substance first time. When some people get a slap on the wrist and others multi year bans for the same offense, its indicative of corruption. They also have coerced multiple fighters into snitching to reduce their sentences. Werdum, Jones, and now they tried to get Jessica Penne. Ranking Conor at 155 when hasn't fought there in years.

Jones was juiced. If you believe the metabolite story, you are a gullible idiot and multiple steroid experts have weighed in and disagree with Rogan's/Novitzsky's pseudo-scientific excuse.

Conti knew Jones was on steroids YEARS AGO. The reason why he was given such a light sentence was because he snitched and money. He hasn't just failed one test, he has failed multiple tests. Other supporting factors are first hand accounts of Jones hiding under the octagon at Jacksons, and Jones's brothers are both known steroid users. He also went to a well known powerlifting gym and was working with known steroid users.

94cf1e02mksy.jpg

Back