***My Boss was Fired Today***

you type like you're hyperventilating. grammar is nice

Take the position if you think it would increase your chances of going further up the ladder. Being a bitch to execs isn't my thang personally. There isn't any amount of money you could offer me that would compromise my pride or morals.

Sure about that?

Lame. Walk away. Esp if you actually respected your old boss. Clearly this is a cut throat operation, and I would quitnout of protest

do you have a mortgage?

i prefer to have another job lined up before walking away from something

taking this job still allows me to look around

work from a position of strength rather than weakness

I'd fire you for not taking the promotion.
- Chael Sonnen

Well he could have said that.

u r NEX

chong-li_480_poster.jpg

I am, but I don't see what naivety has to do with people who choose a path or morality or not. The statement you quoted in fact reveals nothing about my morality so you are operating on pure assumption...whatever that may be.

and then he said that if it were to be such an offering that so mightily tempted the morals of morality and thus questioned his morals he would most certainly not ever adjust for such temptations surely

A HAIKU FOR YOU

im just saying

sentencing and paragraph

structure is quite nice

i typically do write in paragraphs, in this case i wrote it intentionally this way

Dude, if you take the job its gonne be a great opportunity, but since how you presented your former boss had knowledge of the market and very good performances, if you do great and the company goals stay the same, then you are gonna end up just like him.

but i say go for it and see what happens (probably what i just said tho), but still, you dont want to try? :O

Sounds like my job. Manager turn over rate is ridiculous. Anybody with half a brain in our company doesn't want to be promoted to manager because execs will ride you to the point of insanity so you quit and they promote the next guy in line like disposable garbage.

I had to fill in for my manager at a weekly production meeting a few times. One of the most uncomfortable places I've been in a while and I was in the military.

Have you talked to your former boss about this situation?

What has he said?

You have no option but to take this position, otherwise they will can you and see you as a person with no desire for success.

There will always be politics wherever you go. Try to be above the fray and you will get eaten up regardless if you don't want to be part of it. At the very least know enough to avoid the wrong end of the politics.

Regarding your boss, if they set him up to fail in that role then be very wary. If it's because they didn't want to pay him his due then that's messed up. You really need to find out why they let him go before you take the job. In any case I say take the job, survive a year or two, and leverage that management experience to get the fuck out of Dodge.

Yes there are. Its almost inevitable in this day and age.

Good advice too. Take the experience and run.

do you have a mortgage?

i prefer to have another job lined up before walking away from something

taking this job still allows me to look around

work from a position of strength rather than weakness

I told you last week to start looking.
There is no reason to stay at a place like that. If they did that to your mentor, then you need be loyal. Find another job and walk away.

I have a wife and kid BTW.

Back