***My Boss was Fired Today***

Your boss is gonna come back and open fire...you better take a vacation

yeah, he was a very good man

probably one of the best leaders in the company

the other part is we're losing an asset, and we are potentially providing ammunition to our competitors

This is huge in any field, and top level management never realize it. I'm a chef and when they fire a really good cook/chef and that guy then goes down the street, he takes customers with him every fucking time.

The problem is people 'at the top' convince themselves that they are the reason the restaurant is successful and don't realize it's the staff every time. You fire a bar tender, barneys will follow her to her new job. You fire a great cook, foodies will follow him. Social networking makes this even worse because the customer can just message the guy, ask why he was fired and where he's working now.

I moved jobs recently and more and more of my old customers have started coming in to my new place and telling me how the last place has gone downhill since I left.

i'm not very good at politics, i'm too honest to a fault

most people respect me for it, i'm very capable but i don't engage in those tactics

i know that's probably my weakness

Hate when people say this. So you just have limited self control.

Can your boss put in a claim for unfair dismissal?

The closer you get to the top, the closer you get to the door!

Boss should have had a few scapegoats at the ready, even yourself. Boss was lazy and content, imo.

TS should take the job w/ max raise, benefits, etc. Take the company for every penny they can. Don't do any work and let your minions break their backs for you and do your work.

Start building references, connections, etc. for whenever your time comes.

Hate when people say this. So you just have limited self control.

Thank you Mr. Dubbs for lecturing me on self control.

If not for restraint I would have called my division head out publicly

They botch the whole thing in how they told us. Our team was doing our thing when this person comes from the front desk to start collecting things. I asked what is going on and connected the dots.

I walked to hr because our division head locked himself in his office making himself inaccessible. I said our boss is being fired and you guys aren't giving us the courtesy of a team meeting or even a chance to say bye?

Their response was "how do you even know, we were gonna make an announcement later". So a full 4 hours later they send an email out saying x has left the company.

People invest a lot of time effort sacrifice and emotion and made the company a lot of money and to be treated like that is unbecoming.

Back