***My Boss was Fired Today***

I stopped on Monday. When are you gonna stop being a sissy?

How do you figure I'm a sissy?

I haven't said no.

Please learn what consideration and leverage are.

Sounds like a shit place to work. Take the job and look for another management position.

My question is was the boss fired, or packaged off?

Second, I would highly recommend you take the job. One, you can ask for a good bump up in pay because they need you. Two, you will learn more by changing jobs most likely. And three, what doesn't make sense to you now might make more sense when you view things from a different angle.

I obviously don't know any of the specifics here, but if you think the culture is off, by going into a higher level job, you're in a spot where down the road you can voice that and people will take you more seriously, and, you mite have some more freedom / power to change things in your own world.

At the end of the day, the people that have a story worth telling are those who go out their comfort zone and take chances. If you take the new job and things down't work out, you won't be as poorly off as you might think. If you take it, and things do work out, you can be on a path to many bigger and better things.

That is really just how the corporate world works. If a business venture is unsuccessful, then somebody has to take the fall... even if more often than not... it is not the person/people responsible for screwing up.

Can you get another job? I'd quit in protest if that happened to me and I could get another job

Wow I wish I had a boss like you, mines a fat lazy twat who does nothing but call everyone in the building lazy while he sits around shit talks everyone and watches his ass get fatter, my god I wish they'd fire that prick but unfortunately he will prolly be there until he has a heart attack

It was fun once upon a time

Shitty situation, man.

So if you didn't take the job, who would the sacrifical lamb be?

I guess if you're gonna get shitcanned either way, it's better to go out having been promoted...

shitty situation imo.

But isn't this the american dream? now you have the chance to work your ass off 70hrs a week for the benefits of your superior and not knowing if you're gonna get fired next week. When you retire the superiors will thank you for what you did for them and you can then spend the remaining for your life recovering. But at least you gave your kids the opportunity to land a big positions just like yourself, so they won't have to worry about their future. Unless there is an economic meltdown, but who can predict them..

if you take the job you're next, sadly

unless you play office politics *slurp slurp slurp*

after years of seeing lesser people promoted, i've come to think that around 90% of promotions come from politics, and knowing who to suck up to. people would rather work with someone who may not know much, but you can get along with, over someone who knows their stuff, but is a pain in the ass.

we didn't hit our numbers, needed a scapegoat to show that changes were being made

which everyone knew was bullshit from the start (in a market that's down 15%, we grew 8%, and it's still not good enough)

his boss the division head should be the one that gets fired, but the guy is like a teflon don (everything deflects off him)

i hope the dude got a big severance package. well, unless the firing was justified, in which case that's gotta suck.

So an update

I was just formally offered the job

I countered asking for 25% more and additional 3 month guaranteed severance over and above my current severance duration should I be fired within the next year.

So an update

I was just formally offered the job

I countered asking for 25% more and additional 3 month guaranteed severance over and above my current severance duration should I be fired within the next year.

Lame. Walk away. Esp if you actually respected your old boss. Clearly this is a cut throat operation, and I would quitnout of protest

listen, take that fucking job. save as much as you can, build networks etc. be ready if the axe comes down on you too.

ain't no loyalty in the money game, son.

Back