***My Boss was Fired Today***

I told you last week to start looking.
There is no reason to stay at a place like that. If they did that to your mentor, then you need be loyal. Find another job and walk away.

I have a wife and kid BTW.

My boss is in good spirits and recommend that I stay, genuinely wishes me well. He said it would absolutely serve him no purpose for me to do anything that wasn't in my best interest.

I'm going to be selective where I go, I can afford to be choosy. There is no point in making rash decisions. I have to do research and look around and or wait for the right opportunity.

You told me last week to start looking? This just happened on Tuesday.

1 Take the job.

2 Offer to hire your ex boss as your underling.

3 Teach him what you know.

If he doesn't like those apples, then fuck em.

Jokes aside, if you really want to fuck over the company, then pivot into a better job and screw them for compliance issues after you leave, without implicating yourself of course.

My boss is in good spirits and recommend that I stay, genuinely wishes me well. He said it would absolutely serve him no purpose for me to do anything that wasn't in my best interest.

I'm going to be selective where I go, I can afford to be choosy. There is no point in making rash decisions. I have to do research and look around and or wait for the right opportunity.

You told me last week to start looking? This just happened on Tuesday.

Its Saturday here. So it is last week. Sorry.
I think loyalty and doing the right thing trump money.
But if he is cool with it go for it

If a general manager gets fired because ownership wants a championship the coach should just immediately quit

I don't work at McDonald's btw

The only advice I'll weigh in with is that it is impossible to provide advice here.

I know TS works for a large Canadian bank but without a thorough understanding of the people involved, TS' skill set, the importance of the business unit to the company, and a whack of other stuff - it's impossible to give any advice.

I don't understand how he got fired if he had all these accolades and was a hard worker..What type of industry or field do you work in TS?

All of this has been happened in the last 80 hours

Maybe you're the most honourable man in the world

I just take longer and more consideration when making decisions regarding my career and future

I don't understand how he got fired if he had all these accolades and was a hard worker..What type of industry or field do you work in TS?

Consumer products

It's very much a what have you done for me lately

He was a star in 2010-2011 and over the last couple of years new president didn't see eye to eye with him (the president came from a different industry and thought he knows best)

The only advice I'll weigh in with is that it is impossible to provide advice here.

I know TS works for a large Canadian bank but without a thorough understanding of the people involved, TS' skill set, the importance of the business unit to the company, and a whack of other stuff - it's impossible to give any advice.

Not a bank but Consumer products company

Not a better person than you. I am def not saying, nor trying to imply that.
I just wouldn't want to work for a place that throws their people under the bus so easily.

Not a better person than you. I am def not saying, nor trying to imply that.
I just wouldn't want to work for a place that throws their people under the bus so easily.

I think it would look better on my resume as I'm looking for a job to show that I got promoted.

Bottom line I'm not gonna be a lifer at this current company and I intend to leave them, when I find the right opportunity.

This is the real corporate life not samurai world

Why do you have to do a **** with all of your threads?

Wlu wish you the best, but man you came off ass a major prick here

He brought me into a new role and new industry.

He had many strengths and some weaknesses.

He had been with our company for 6 years.

He grew market share by 10%, undisputed market leader by a healthy spread.

Management has unrealistic targets and he was a scapegoat.

He had been promoted twice in those 6 years.

They created a new award 3 years ago to reward him and that caught on with the rest of the company (so now each division has one winner each year).

We butted heads many times in a constructive way.

I learned a lot from him.

I'm torn because management is looking to me to replace and they felt that they would be able to let him go because I was capable of taking over (at least that's what I'm told).

If it could happen to him, they can easily just do the same to me.

Mostly, today I felt like Mark Antony in "I came to bury Caesar, not to praise him".

TL/DR; boss who i viewed like a bigger brother got fired, execs look to me to replace him, but I've got a very bitter taste in my mouth how it all went down.

Use the promotion to leverage your exodus to another company.

Take the promotion, start looking for another job ASAP. With a little luck, you can turn that promotion into a nice gig at another company, and you'll know going in that your job security there won't be any worse.

I think it would look better on my resume as I'm looking for a job to show that I got promoted.

Bottom line I'm not gonna be a lifer at this current company and I intend to leave them, when I find the right opportunity.

This is the real corporate life not samurai world

In real life people raise an eyebrow at people looking to leave a job immediately following a promotion.

Back