My big stupid hype trains thread.

Rumor is......Fortune is wrestling with the World team here is AZ and is killing it! Could have walked in the World Trials and probably win it! But he has Matt Bellator the same week. If he gets Matt down (and he will) Matt will never get up!

Rumor is......Fortune is wrestling with the World team here is AZ and is killing it! Could have walked in the World Trials and probably win it! But he has Matt Bellator the same week. If he gets Matt down (and he will) Matt will never get up!
Will he stand and bang like he did his last fight? And will he gas horribly half way through the second round like his last fight?

Also, has he practiced not kneeing his opponents in the nuts and then blaming them for not wanting to continue?

Nah looks like he's only fought on small shows. Tech krep is the only one I've even heard of
Have you seen fights of David Samuel? He, I think, competed mostly in Russian amateur JFC promotion (promotion is for underage kids and he is 17) but I've seen some talks how he is a bright prospect.

Have you seen fights of David Samuel? He, I think, competed mostly in Russian amateur JFC promotion (promotion is for underage kids and he is 17) but I've seen some talks how he is a bright prospect.

I've found this.

Looks to have talent. I've trained with the #1 ranked UK ammy FW for years though so I'm biased when it comes to guys in the ammys around that weight class though.

I cant get past that dudes hair. He has improved a lot in the last years. He said, it was his last fight in his contract and will probably move to the UFC.

Love his hair.

That youngster is letting it all out

Team Paddy Pudpad Worawoot

Just to quickly recap the guys who I had on the watch list who didn't get a hype post for various reasons.

Jack Cartwright (26/BW/10-0) - Had a very disappointing performance and won because his opponent kept headbutting him for some reason. Imo needs to turn it around quickly and get another fight in ASAP.

Levy Saul Marroquin (FW/14-3) - A little bit underwhelmed with his performance, seemed to fight within himself but did enough to get a decision win. I'm putting him down to potential get onto DWCS this summer because he does still have wins over current UFC fighters Marcelo Rojo and John Castaneda.

Bruno Souza (25/FW/9-1) - Did just about enough against a toughish opponent in Elijah Johns. Didn't blow me away but I think the win, plus the Machida training and the interesting story about growing up living above the Machida gym in Belem will be enough to get him onto DWCS this summer.

Morgan Charriere (25/FW/16-8) - Got robbed imo, but could have done more to secure the victory, having the loss on his record is a set back obviously.

Jordan Vucenic (25/FW/8-1) - Did the robbing of Charriere (only messing, he's not a judge), he had a pretty decent performance, but I'd like to see him either rematch Charriere or rematch Paul Hughes next as I felt he got lucky with the judges in both those fights (but it's still a testament to his skill level that he's able to have close fights with both those guys.

Michele Martignoni (25/BW/6-1) - Came out on the wrong side of a competitive fight against Nathan Fletcher, but there was still a lot to like in his performance, he just got ground down and choked out by the superior fighter.

Adrian Bartosinski (25/WW/10-0) - Looked fine in a pretty competitive fight, didn't all go his way but he gutted it out and got the finish in the end.

Still got a couple of EFC and UAEW fights I wanted to watch to get done.

Of people I didn't list that I liked the look of and will keep an eye on in future.

Nathan Fletcher (23/BW/5-0) - Beat Martignoni who was the guy in the fight I was keeping an eye on, but showed excellent wrestling, cardio and grappling to get the job done. Would maybe be an interesting opponent for Cartwright.

Elijah Johns (FW/7-2) - Ran Bruno Souza very close. Showed a good wrestling game to make it an impressive fight. Might have a shot at joining his brother Miles in the UFC one day.

Yuki Ito (23/FLW/7-1) - A flyweight with KO power is always interesting.

Koji Takeda (25/LW/12-1) - Won big points for toughness and willingness to push forward in a competitive fight, I did however think he was a bit too hittable.

BTW there's some rumours going round that Paddy has signed for the UFC, but nothing concrete as of yet.

Yeah seems likely, he definitely deserves a shot but I can't see him doing an awful lot unless they drip feed him low level guys for a while. People on the level of recently released Brok Weaver, if he is indeed gonna be fighting at 155lbs. I reckon he's probably better off at 145lbs.

Yeah seems likely, he definitely deserves a shot but I can't see him doing an awful lot unless they drip feed him low level guys for a while. People on the level of recently released Brok Weaver, if he is indeed gonna be fighting at 155lbs. I reckon he's probably better off at 145lbs.

He did look a lot better to me at the weekend, looked liked he bulked up a bit and has really been working the standup. I've typically been quite critical of him so I was surprised by how good he looked. LW is a shark tank though.

He did look a lot better to me at the weekend, looked liked he bulked up a bit and has really been working the standup. I've typically been quite critical of him so I was surprised by how good he looked. LW is a shark tank though.

There's a few guys like Aalon Cruz, Teemu Packalen still under contract that might be winnable first fights for him.

There's a few guys like Aalon Cruz, Teemu Packalen still under contract that might be winnable first fights for him.

He'd smash Teemu I'm sure, I have no idea why that guy is still on the roster. I think Cruz is another one he'd be favoured in. I think Fares Ziam, Jamie Mullarkey, Alex Da Silva, Jalin Turner, Luis Pena, Christos Giagos, Frank Camacho, Damir Hadzovic, Chris Gruetzemacher, Alexander Yakovlev, Alan Patrick and John Makdessi are all winnable fights to start off with too.

He'd smash Teemu I'm sure, I have no idea why that guy is still on the roster. I think Cruz is another one he'd be favoured in. I think Fares Ziam, Jamie Mullarkey, Alex Da Silva, Jalin Turner, Luis Pena, Christos Giagos, Frank Camacho, Damir Hadzovic, Chris Gruetzemacher, Alexander Yakovlev, Alan Patrick and John Makdessi are all winnable fights to start off with too.

Yeah some of those are, most are already matched up though in the next few months. Gruetzemacher is actually a good shout because he literally has zero athleticism but somehow has 1-2 good wins on his resume, which would make Pimblett look good if he beat him. Camacho and Yakovlev will be cut I reckon, I'm surprised they haven't been yet.

Yeah some of those are, most are already matched up though in the next few months. Gruetzemacher is actually a good shout because he literally has zero athleticism but somehow has 1-2 good wins on his resume, which would make Pimblett look good if he beat him. Camacho and Yakovlev will be cut I reckon, I'm surprised they haven't been yet.

Yeah, I agree they'll be cut, although they might be keeping them around as cannon fodder for a new guy before they get canned.

This week we're keeping an eye on...

Brave on Thursday for...

25 year old 6-0 French Welterweight finisher Benoit Saint Denis taking on a big step up in competition in 15-4 Luan Santiago
20 year old 4-0 Brit/Dagestani ammy GOAT Mo Mokaev taking on fellow IMMAF champion in 7-1 Finn Abdul Hussein at Flyweight
20 year old 8-1 Albanian Bantamweight Bernardo Sopai against 24 year old 8-1 Italian Francesco Nuzzi
28 year old 8-1 Russian Sambo champ Middleweight Ikram Aliskerov (only loss to Khamzat) against 11-3 Miro Jurkovic

Babilon MMA on Friday for...

8-0 Polish Heavyweight Lukasz Sudolski against UFC veteran Joachim Christensen
A battle of undefeated Polish LW's in 8-0 Krzystof Gutowski and 7-0 David Smielowski

ACA on Friday (this card is stacked) for...

20-4-1 29 year old Brazilian FW champ Felipe Froes defending his belt in an extremely tough assignment against Frodo Khasbulaev
16-3 28 year old Belarussian just bleed lunatic Apti Bimazaev against fellow 20-5 lunactic Tural Ragimov
10-1 23 year old FW division saviour Bibert Tumenov against fellow 23 year old Russian FW prospect in 9-0 Islam Omarov
8-0 26 year old Russian LHW Muslim Magomedov against 17-4 Leonardo Silva

LFA on Friday gives us

8-1 28 year old Fortis MMA BW Fernie Garcia against Isiah Batin-Gonzalez
4-0 26 year old Colombian FLW Juancamilo Ronderos (already beaten Eric Shelton) takes on 5-1 Jackson Wink Hawaiian Rodney Kealohi
4-0 28 year old Wildman WW Josh Quinlan is fighting against Dallas Jennings

Yuki Ito (23/FLW/7-1) - A flyweight with KO power is always interesting.

Koji Takeda (25/LW/12-1) - Won big points for toughness and willingness to push forward in a competitive fight, I did however think he was a bit too hittable.

You mean Junji Ito?

I figured I'd try and do rankings. These are the first ones so they're very rough. No fighters signed to UFC or Bellator and no fighters who've ever been signed to the UFC. I cut the age limit off at 33, I did think about going younger but the heavier classes tend to be older.

Bear in mind this isn't how I think people would do head to head, it's a combination of how good they are and how good I think they'll get.

Heavyweight
  1. Mukhamed Vakhaev - 31 (Russia) 9-4-1
  2. Sergey Belostenniy - 25 (Russia) 6-2
  3. Denis Goltsov - 30 (Russia) - 25-6
  4. Ante Delija - 30 (Croatia) - 17-3
  5. Kang Ji Won - 25 (South Korea) 5-0
  6. Anatoly Malykhin - 33 (Russia) 9-0
  7. Hugo Cunha - 28 (Brazil) 5-0
  8. Thomas Petersen - 25 (USA) 3-0
  9. Brett Martin - 26 (USA) 9-1
  10. Michal Martinek - 30 (Czech Republic) 8-2

Light Heavyweight