My big stupid hype trains thread.

I reckon Melsik's as bad a matchup as he could get moving up in weight, no? For as aggressive as he is, Melsik is sharp as hell.

It will be cool to see how his Karate stacks up to the kickboxing of the Armenian though, my guess is that he gets blasted.

Btw, you feel for Williams? Took so long to get to the UFC, overperforming each time and now he's pretty much a lock to get his walking papers. The move to WW was a very bad choice by him. At MW his chin seemed solid as hell, meanwhile at WW he got dropped by every punch Gall landed and also got dieded by Dwight Grant back in the day.

Bruno has a style that tends to lead to close fights so I'm not sure and as mentioned above he's a FW himself. I do rate Elijah johns reasonably well too so I don't think Melsik is a big step up for him.

One thing I would say about him is although there'll be Lyoto comparisons because he's a student of his, he's not as powerful or elusive as Machida.

I do feel for Jordan but I guess it's just the nature of the business.

Bruno has a style that tends to lead to close fights so I'm not sure and as mentioned above he's a FW himself. I do rate Elijah johns reasonably well too so I don't think Melsik is a big step up for him.

One thing I would say about him is although there'll be Lyoto comparisons because he's a student of his, he's not as powerful or elusive as Machida.

I do feel for Jordan but I guess it's just the nature of the business.
MMA wise, Johns is probably around the level of Melsik, but unless Bruno breaks out the Machida trips™, I think he'll be in for a very tough fight standing. Baghdasaryan's K-1 experience can't be overstated in this matchup, as much as that has been memed on over the years.

Did see Bruno open in the +200s, which does seem a bit too steep, but I also don't believe he's worth the price. The shift in judging to favor damage, Melsik's KB experience, power and being able to fight through exhaustion will be too much imo.

How much do yall think it would take to sign a top prospect from under the UFC's nose? Like 50K per bout? 75k? 100K+? Talking about guys like Vladimir Mineev, Roberto Soldic, Abdul-Aziz Abdulvakhabov, Eduard Vartanyan, etc.

How much do yall think it would take to sign a top prospect from under the UFC's nose? Like 50K per bout? 75k? 100K+? Talking about guys like Vladimir Mineev, Roberto Soldic, Abdul-Aziz Abdulvakhabov, Eduard Vartanyan, etc.
A prospect (DWCS guy) I would say 30k flat fee, but those guys you mention arent prospects; they are legit instant contenders. So, I guess it depends how much they are making currently in their org. For example, Yags left ACA for $75k, so Im assuming somewhere in that range ($75k-$100k) would be the number for most.

I think those guys are making that anyway. Maybe not Vartanyan but Mineev, Soldic and AAA are easily getting 50k plus per fight.

@Hellowhosthat

Do you like Saint Denis moving down to 155, has he fought there before? Said he would be doing so after his debut

Untitled6.jpg

Max Holzer

Country - Germany
Weight Class - Bantamweight
Promotion - National Fighting Championship
Record : 4-0

Super impressed by this kid. I actually watched the fight to see his opponent, Alexander Luster who was 5-0 with 5 finishes going into this one, but I came away all about this kid.

For some reason the judges scored this as a split decision, I have no idea how they did that as this kid dominated every round. The thing I was most impressed with was the sheer pressure this kid puts on people, he doesn't so much walk people down as just float in the perfect range to do what he wants to do and his footwork is just excellent. With his footwork being so good he's able to just be wherever his opponent is and it just seems impossible to create any space from the guy, it just looks exhausting to fight him.

His wrestling is on point and I was also impressed with his head movement which allows him to stay in that range and unload on you while you fail to hit him. My one criticism is that his offensive positional jits needs a bit of work as he allowed his opponent to reguard too easily, but this kid is 19 so I'm sure that will come.

But yeah, 19 years old beating a 25 year old undefeated guy with all finishes who was clearly bigger than him (I'm pretty sure he's really a Flyweight).

Super impressed.

I'm a bit behind this week, but we have...(I've decided to start bolding the guys who've had hype train posts before for vanity purposes)

Contender Series tonight

- LW #18 Achilles Estremadura (29/Canada/7-0) against a Chinese guy Maheshate (21/China/5-1)
- WW - #27 Justin Burlinson (24/England/6-0) against CFFC champ #30 Yohan Lainesse (29/Canada/7-0)
- FLW - Lun Qiu (24/China/14-7) against Erisson Ferreira (30/Brazil/FLW/10-1)
- FW - #9 Canaan Kawaihae (24/USA/6-1) takes on the talented but inactive Jonas Bilharinho (31/Brazil/8-1-1)

Open FC on Thursday

- WBW #5 Dariya Zhelevnyakova (25/Russia/5-0) has a title fight against 6-0 but too old Mariza Loch
- LHW - Uran Salibaldiev (?/Kyrgyzstan/4-0) challenges for the title against Ilya Bochkov (9-3-1)
- WBW - Zaira Dyshekova (25/Russia/9-3) fights Tamires Vidal (23/Brazil/4-1) who's only loss is to ranked UFC fighter Karol Rosa.

Island Fights on Friday

- Not pro But Bo Nickal is having his 2nd ammy fight on here

Armia Fight Night on Friday

- FW Mansur Azhiev (?/Russia/6-0) defends his belt against Amaury Junior (13-9)
- BW - Headbutting legend Sylwester Miller (?/Poland/10-4) has a title fight he'll have to try and control himself in against Bogdan Barbu (17-2)

ACA on Friday

- LW #3 Abdul Aziz Abdulvakhabov (32/Russia/18-2) who's arguably the best LW outside the UFC in terms of current ability defends his title against UFC vet Hacran Dias (26-6-1)
- FW #17 and just bleed legend Ramazan Kishev (29/Russia/17-3) will ascend to elite status if he can somehow get the title from Frod Khasbulaev (33-8)
- FLW Azam Gaforov (28/Tajikistan/12-2) fights Alan Gomes (27/Brazil/13-3-1)
- LW Ayndi Umarkhanov (?/Russia/11-0) takes on the tough Alexander Matmuratov (12-5)
- BW - #26 Pavel Vitruk (30/Ukraine/14-4-1) is fighting one of the Shaykhaev twins but different sites have different ones listed. Khuseyn is excellent if it's him, but I'm not as high on Khaseyn.
LHW - #14 Amirkhan Guliev (29/Russia/11-1) fights Vasily Babich (11-8-1)

LFA on Friday

- BW - #37 Ricardo Dias (30/Brazil/10-4) main events in a huge test against UFC vet Michinori Tanaka (13-3)
FLW - Yuma Horiuchi (24/Japan/8-4) takes on #30 BW Mark Climaco (23/USA/6-0) who's dropping a weight class.

LUX on Friday

FLW - :eek::eek::eek::eek: Gonzales (?/Mexico/8-2) and Alessandro Costa (?/Brazil/9-2) fight for the title.

VTJ on Saturday

- FLW - #1 Tatsuro Taira (21/Japan/9-0) has a fight against Alfredo Muaiad (32/Chile/6-2)

BRAVE on Saturday

LW - #45 Sam Patterson (25/England/7-1-1) takes on Kamil Magomedov (29/Russia/14-1)
WW - Kamal Magomedov (30/Russia/8-0) fights Luis Felipe Dias (26/Brazil/14-3)

Samurai Fight House on Saturday

WBW - Ailin Luciana Perez (27/Argentina/5-0) is supposed to be defending against Tamires Vidal who I'm assuming isn't actually fighting in Russia on Thursday and then Brazil on Saturday so I assume that's wrong
HW - Icaro Almeida (26/Brazil/2-0) fights Angelo Lomboni (5-2-1)
WW - Francisco Prado (19/Argentina/6-0) takes on Duan Praia (2-2)

I'm a bit behind this week, but we have...(I've decided to start bolding the guys who've had hype train posts before for vanity purposes)

Contender Series tonight

- LW #18 Achilles Estremadura (29/Canada/7-0) against a Chinese guy Maheshate (21/China/5-1)
- WW - #27 Justin Burlinson (24/England/6-0) against CFFC champ #30 Yohan Lainesse (29/Canada/7-0)
- FLW - Lun Qiu (24/China/14-7) against Erisson Ferreira (30/Brazil/FLW/10-1)
- FW - #9 Canaan Kawaihae (24/USA/6-1) takes on the talented but inactive Jonas Bilharinho (31/Brazil/8-1-1)

Open FC on Thursday

- WBW #5 Dariya Zhelevnyakova (25/Russia/5-0) has a title fight against 6-0 but too old Mariza Loch
- LHW - Uran Salibaldiev (?/Kyrgyzstan/4-0) challenges for the title against Ilya Bochkov (9-3-1)
- WBW - Zaira Dyshekova (25/Russia/9-3) fights Tamires Vidal (23/Brazil/4-1) who's only loss is to ranked UFC fighter Karol Rosa.

Island Fights on Friday

- Not pro But Bo Nickal is having his 2nd ammy fight on here

Armia Fight Night on Friday

- FW Mansur Azhiev (?/Russia/6-0) defends his belt against Amaury Junior (13-9)
- BW - Headbutting legend Sylwester Miller (?/Poland/10-4) has a title fight he'll have to try and control himself in against Bogdan Barbu (17-2)

ACA on Friday

- LW #3 Abdul Aziz Abdulvakhabov (32/Russia/18-2) who's arguably the best LW outside the UFC in terms of current ability defends his title against UFC vet Hacran Dias (26-6-1)
- FW #17 and just bleed legend Ramazan Kishev (29/Russia/17-3) will ascend to elite status if he can somehow get the title from Frod Khasbulaev (33-8)
- FLW Azam Gaforov (28/Tajikistan/12-2) fights Alan Gomes (27/Brazil/13-3-1)
- LW Ayndi Umarkhanov (?/Russia/11-0) takes on the tough Alexander Matmuratov (12-5)
- BW - #26 Pavel Vitruk (30/Ukraine/14-4-1) is fighting one of the Shaykhaev twins but different sites have different ones listed. Khuseyn is excellent if it's him, but I'm not as high on Khaseyn.
LHW - #14 Amirkhan Guliev (29/Russia/11-1) fights Vasily Babich (11-8-1)

LFA on Friday

- BW - #37 Ricardo Dias (30/Brazil/10-4) main events in a huge test against UFC vet Michinori Tanaka (13-3)
FLW - Yuma Horiuchi (24/Japan/8-4) takes on #30 BW Mark Climaco (23/USA/6-0) who's dropping a weight class.

LUX on Friday

FLW - :eek::eek::eek::eek: Gonzales (?/Mexico/8-2) and Alessandro Costa (?/Brazil/9-2) fight for the title.

VTJ on Saturday

- FLW - #1 Tatsuro Taira (21/Japan/9-0) has a fight against Alfredo Muaiad (32/Chile/6-2)

BRAVE on Saturday

LW - #45 Sam Patterson (25/England/7-1-1) takes on Kamil Magomedov (29/Russia/14-1)
WW - Kamal Magomedov (30/Russia/8-0) fights Luis Felipe Dias (26/Brazil/14-3)

Samurai Fight House on Saturday

WBW - Ailin Luciana Perez (27/Argentina/5-0) is supposed to be defending against Tamires Vidal who I'm assuming isn't actually fighting in Russia on Thursday and then Brazil on Saturday so I assume that's wrong
HW - Icaro Almeida (26/Brazil/2-0) fights Angelo Lomboni (5-2-1)
WW - Francisco Prado (19/Argentina/6-0) takes on Duan Praia (2-2)
I looked at social media of Open FC and there Dyshekova is fighting some Debora Ferreira not Vidal.

I looked at social media of Open FC and there Dyshekova is fighting some Debora Ferreira not Vidal.

That makes more sense than someone fighting twice on two continents in three days.

Is Lavrentyev still supposed to be on the Parus card this weekend btw? Can't find details for that one.

Untitled6.jpg

Max Holzer

Country - Germany
Weight Class - Bantamweight
Promotion - National Fighting Championship
Record : 4-0

Super impressed by this kid. I actually watched the fight to see his opponent, Alexander Luster who was 5-0 with 5 finishes going into this one, but I came away all about this kid.

For some reason the judges scored this as a split decision, I have no idea how they did that as this kid dominated every round. The thing I was most impressed with was the sheer pressure this kid puts on people, he doesn't so much walk people down as just float in the perfect range to do what he wants to do and his footwork is just excellent. With his footwork being so good he's able to just be wherever his opponent is and it just seems impossible to create any space from the guy, it just looks exhausting to fight him.

His wrestling is on point and I was also impressed with his head movement which allows him to stay in that range and unload on you while you fail to hit him. My one criticism is that his offensive positional jits needs a bit of work as he allowed his opponent to reguard too easily, but this kid is 19 so I'm sure that will come.

But yeah, 19 years old beating a 25 year old undefeated guy with all finishes who was clearly bigger than him (I'm pretty sure he's really a Flyweight).

Super impressed.

Thanks for sharing this fight. I was actually pretty impressed with both guys, but Holzer really made an impression. He looks extremely complete and composed for 19 years old.

The Split Decision was quite ridiculous. Holzer pretty clearly won all three rounds.

That makes more sense than someone fighting twice on two continents in three days.

Is Lavrentyev still supposed to be on the Parus card this weekend btw? Can't find details for that one.
On their Instagram page (according to Tapology) on card posted 5 days ago he still listed.

@Hellowhosthat - Oleg Popov won again, TKO (corner stoppage) against 6ft 10in Mexican Solorzano, who was 9-2. Think he's 14-1 now and very active, might he be worth a big leagues call up?

@Hellowhosthat - Oleg Popov won again, TKO (corner stoppage) against 6ft 10in Mexican Solorzano, who was 9-2. Think he's 14-1 now and very active, might he be worth a big leagues call up?

Will have to check that one out, the fight against Brigagao was really boring so that one probably didn't do him any favours.

I would guess the UFC at least would probably be more likely to go for Belostenniy or Kornilov first as they're more entertaining.

Will have to check that one out, the fight against Brigagao was really boring so that one probably didn't do him any favours.

I would guess the UFC at least would probably be more likely to go for Belostenniy or Kornilov first as they're more entertaining.

Yeah, I'd hope both of them are in the UFC by early 2022. Shamil will be gone soon once Aspinall runs through him, so hopefully a few 'Russian slots' appear on the roster.

Open FC starts in 11 hours and 24 minutes, somehow according to their social media female fights are disappeared.

Looks to me like there was an issue getting the Brazilian fighters there as all the fights with Brazilian fighters have fallen off.

Back