My big stupid hype trains thread.

Marnic Mann looked great too. Dominated and finished Pauline Macias. She's 4-0 with 4 finishes as a pro. Including amateur she's 8-0 with 7 finishes.

At 5 feet tall she's pretty short of Strawweight, but she's clearly strong for the division and technically sound. I'll be keeping an eye on her.

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/171672-marnic-mann

LFA thoughts

- Josh Fremd (27/USA/MW/8-2) I still really like but I do think he's a bit of a glass cannon. Offensively he's very good, but I do worry whenever someone comes near his chin and that might well be his undoing at the top level, but we'll see, I think he'll get the call soon.

- Daniel Argueta (28/USA/BW/6-0) looked really good but did miss weight and his opponent felt kind of overmatched. Very dominant grappling display though as he gradually took his opponent's will to fight away.

- Michael Stack (27/USA/FW/6-1) I'm not really convinced by, took a lot of shots and his wrestling didn't look that good either, kind of managed to win by jamming his opponent against the fence.

- Marnic Mann (28/USA/SW/4-0) recovered from a rough opening round to get the job done against Pita Macias, seems to have a pretty solid all around game but doesn't seem outstanding anywhere. Potentially good but doesn't really compare to the Knutsson, Juaregui, Dudakova's of the world imo.

- Haris Talundiz (25/Bosnia/WW/5-0) is someone else I'm not really convinced by. Managed to squeeze past his opponent without doing anything especially impressive.

- Jacobi Jones (25/USA/LW/3-0) won an absolute war against Logan Paxton. I'm not sure how good I think he is, but that was a hell of a scrap.

How good is Murad? Found his line against Xie at +140 and I'm tempted to take it.

I know Xie is a former One champ, but at a glance it seems like he lucked out by not having to fight any of the top dogs from his weight class, and is coming off a layoff.

How good is Murad? Found his line against Xie at +140 and I'm tempted to take it.

I know Xie is a former One champ, but at a glance it seems like he lucked out by not having to fight any of the top dogs from his weight class, and is coming off a layoff.

He's pretty good, his fight against DWCS alum Naimov from Titan 67 is a good one to look at if you want an idea of him,

Sebastian-Przybysz.jpg

Sebastian Przybysz

Country - Poland
Weight Class - Bantamweight
Promotion - KSW
Record : 9-2

Sebastian deserves a hype train at this point. He's the kind of guy that slips under the radar a little bit, but he's just a good fighter everywhere. Finishing a BJJ black belt in Bruno Santos with an inverted triangle is pretty cool too. But yeah, now a champion in a decent organisation with a defence under his belt and also has the plus of having avenged both his defeats. Solid fighter.

That Jacobi Jones vs. Logan Paxton fight was awesome. One of the craziest I've seen all year.

Marnic Mann looked pretty good in her victory over Macias. She looks durable but didn't blow me away.

This week we have...

Contender Series on Tuesday

MW - Gadzhi Omargadzhiev (28/Russia/12-0) against Jansey Silva (26/Brazil/7-1)
BW - Christian Quinonez (25/Mexico/15-3) the little brother of former UFC fighter Jose Quinonez Vs Long Xiao (23/China/16-6)
BW - Javid Basharat (26/Afghanistan/10-0) is fighting a 40 year old in 16-0 Orion Kahlon who seems like the modern day Jason Reinhardt
WBW - #5 Karine Silva (27/Brazil/13-4) takes on Qihui Yan (25/China/11-3)
LW - Manuel Torres (26/Mexico/11-2) fights Kolton Englund (28/USA/9-3)
FW - #31 Olivier Murad (27/USA/5-0) gets Xie Bin (23/China/8-2)

PFL finals are on Wednesday for who know what reason

WFW - #1 Kayla Harrison (31/USA/11-0) hopefully has her last PFL fight against Taylor Guardado (30/USA/3-1)
WW - #2 Ray Cooper III (28/USA/23-7-1) and #3 Magomed Magomedkerimov (31/Russia/29-5) rematch in a great fight
WFW - #17 Abigail Montes (21/Mexico/2-0) tries to derail the hype of Claressa Shields (26/USA/1-0)
HW - #10 Bruno Cappelozza (32/Brazil/13-5) and #11 Ante Delija (31/Croatia/19-4) fight for the 2nd time this season after Bruno won the first
FW - #9 Movlid Khaybulaev (31/Russia/18-0-1) goes for the title against UFC vet Chris Wade (20-6) who's looked good at FW.
LHW - #13 Marthin Hamlet (29/Norway/12-5) has a tall task ahead of him against shoeface Antonio Carlos Jr (12-5)
LW - #19 Loik Rahzhabov (31/Tajikistan/13-3-1) had better watch out for a robbery against #34 Raush Manfio (29/Brazil/14-3)
LHW - Jordan Young (26/USA/11-2) has imo an absolute nightmare ahead of him in Omari Akhmedov (21-6-1)

ONE on Friday

HW - #16 Kirill Grishenko (29/Belarus/4-0) fights DWCS vet Dustin Joynson (6-0)

UAE Warriors on Friday on Fight Pass, which Red Goof might go and watch

BW - #11 Vinicius De Oliveira (25/Brazil16-2) clashes for the title with Sylvester Chipfumbu (30/Zimbabwe/7-3)
FW - Do Gyeom Lee (31/South Korea/8-3) defends his belt against UFC vet Ali Alqaisi (10-5)
BW - Sarvadzhon Khamidov (?/Tajikistan/11-0) fights solid journeyman Xavier Alaoui (12-4)
LW - John Mitchell (?/Ireland/3-0) fights Konstantinos Ntelis (20/Greece/6-1)
WW - #9 Daniel Skibinski (31/Poland/18-5) hopefully gets violent and gets a contract against Tahir Abdullaev (24/Azerbaijan/11-1)
WW - #32 Andre Fialho (27/Portugal/13-3) looks to continue his recent run against UFC vet Stefan Sekulic (14-4)

Hexagone on Saturday

FW - #28 William Gomis (24/France/7-2) fights Baba Boundjou Nadjombe (7-3)

Eternal MMA on Saturday

FLW - #34 Steve Erceg (?/Australia/7-1) defends his title against Paul Loga (7-5)

Venator on Saturday

FLW - Giacomo Santoro (26/Italy/5-0) fights Emilio Angulo (3-1)

National Fighting Championship on Saturday

LHW - Ibo Aslan (25/Austria/8-1) who's only loss is to pleasure man fights Marc Doussis (?/Germany/7-0)
BW - Alexander Luster (?/Germany/5-0) fights Max Holzer (?/Germany/3-0)
FW - #33 Husein Kadimagomaev (22/Switzerland/7-1) fights Davit Khutishvili (8-4)

SFT on Saturday

SW - Brena Cardozo (27/Brazil/5-0) fights Gisele Moreira (9-5)
BW - Waleska Karolaine (24/Brazil/3-0) fights Layze Cerqueira (3-3)

CFFC on Saturday

WW - Jakob Scheffel (28/USA/5-0) fights scrappy Basil Hafez (6-3-1)

Congrats to Manuel Torres, Karine Silva, Javid Basharat, Cristian Quiñonez, Gadzhi Omargadzhiev. They loaded this card with Chinese fighters and not one came through.

This week we have...

Contender Series on Tuesday

MW - Gadzhi Omargadzhiev (28/Russia/12-0) against Jansey Silva (26/Brazil/7-1)
BW - Christian Quinonez (25/Mexico/15-3) the little brother of former UFC fighter Jose Quinonez Vs Long Xiao (23/China/16-6)
BW - Javid Basharat (26/Afghanistan/10-0) is fighting a 40 year old in 16-0 Orion Kahlon who seems like the modern day Jason Reinhardt
WBW - #5 Karine Silva (27/Brazil/13-4) takes on Qihui Yan (25/China/11-3)
LW - Manuel Torres (26/Mexico/11-2) fights Kolton Englund (28/USA/9-3)
FW - #31 Olivier Murad (27/USA/5-0) gets Xie Bin (23/China/8-2)

PFL finals are on Wednesday for who know what reason

WFW - #1 Kayla Harrison (31/USA/11-0) hopefully has her last PFL fight against Taylor Guardado (30/USA/3-1)
WW - #2 Ray Cooper III (28/USA/23-7-1) and #3 Magomed Magomedkerimov (31/Russia/29-5) rematch in a great fight
WFW - #17 Abigail Montes (21/Mexico/2-0) tries to derail the hype of Claressa Shields (26/USA/1-0)
HW - #10 Bruno Cappelozza (32/Brazil/13-5) and #11 Ante Delija (31/Croatia/19-4) fight for the 2nd time this season after Bruno won the first
FW - #9 Movlid Khaybulaev (31/Russia/18-0-1) goes for the title against UFC vet Chris Wade (20-6) who's looked good at FW.
LHW - #13 Marthin Hamlet (29/Norway/12-5) has a tall task ahead of him against shoeface Antonio Carlos Jr (12-5)
LW - #19 Loik Rahzhabov (31/Tajikistan/13-3-1) had better watch out for a robbery against #34 Raush Manfio (29/Brazil/14-3)
LHW - Jordan Young (26/USA/11-2) has imo an absolute nightmare ahead of him in Omari Akhmedov (21-6-1)

ONE on Friday

HW - #16 Kirill Grishenko (29/Belarus/4-0) fights DWCS vet Dustin Joynson (6-0)

UAE Warriors on Friday on Fight Pass, which Red Goof might go and watch

BW - #11 Vinicius De Oliveira (25/Brazil16-2) clashes for the title with Sylvester Chipfumbu (30/Zimbabwe/7-3)
FW - Do Gyeom Lee (31/South Korea/8-3) defends his belt against UFC vet Ali Alqaisi (10-5)
BW - Sarvadzhon Khamidov (?/Tajikistan/11-0) fights solid journeyman Xavier Alaoui (12-4)
LW - John Mitchell (?/Ireland/3-0) fights Konstantinos Ntelis (20/Greece/6-1)
WW - #9 Daniel Skibinski (31/Poland/18-5) hopefully gets violent and gets a contract against Tahir Abdullaev (24/Azerbaijan/11-1)
WW - #32 Andre Fialho (27/Portugal/13-3) looks to continue his recent run against UFC vet Stefan Sekulic (14-4)

Hexagone on Saturday

FW - #28 William Gomis (24/France/7-2) fights Baba Boundjou Nadjombe (7-3)

Eternal MMA on Saturday

FLW - #34 Steve Erceg (?/Australia/7-1) defends his title against Paul Loga (7-5)

Venator on Saturday

FLW - Giacomo Santoro (26/Italy/5-0) fights Emilio Angulo (3-1)

National Fighting Championship on Saturday

LHW - Ibo Aslan (25/Austria/8-1) who's only loss is to pleasure man fights Marc Doussis (?/Germany/7-0)
BW - Alexander Luster (?/Germany/5-0) fights Max Holzer (?/Germany/3-0)
FW - #33 Husein Kadimagomaev (22/Switzerland/7-1) fights Davit Khutishvili (8-4)

SFT on Saturday

SW - Brena Cardozo (27/Brazil/5-0) fights Gisele Moreira (9-5)
BW - Waleska Karolaine (24/Brazil/3-0) fights Layze Cerqueira (3-3)

CFFC on Saturday

WW - Jakob Scheffel (28/USA/5-0) fights scrappy Basil Hafez (6-3-1)
De Oliveira just destroyed Borg in front of Dana, Im sure he gets a contract next.

Andre Fialho legit might get a UFC contract.

I think Lokdog, Fialho and Tank will all get contracts from that show, they all looked great.

Well Benoit's heart certainly made an impression on his UfC debut lol

Bruno Souza is facing Melsik btw in the UFC

Nice he's good, doesn't fight an exciting enough style to get a hype train out of a just bleed disciple such as myself but he's solid.

Nice he's good, doesn't fight an exciting enough style to get a hype train out of a just bleed disciple such as myself but he's solid.
I reckon Melsik's as bad a matchup as he could get moving up in weight, no? For as aggressive as he is, Melsik is sharp as hell.

It will be cool to see how his Karate stacks up to the kickboxing of the Armenian though, my guess is that he gets blasted.

Btw, you feel for Williams? Took so long to get to the UFC, overperforming each time and now he's pretty much a lock to get his walking papers. The move to WW was a very bad choice by him. At MW his chin seemed solid as hell, meanwhile at WW he got dropped by every punch Gall landed and also got dieded by Dwight Grant back in the day.

I reckon Melsik's as bad a matchup as he could get moving up in weight, no? For as aggressive as he is, Melsik is sharp as hell.

It will be cool to see how his Karate stacks up to the kickboxing of the Armenian though, my guess is that he gets blasted.

Btw, you feel for Williams? Took so long to get to the UFC, overperforming each time and now he's pretty much a lock to get his walking papers. The move to WW was a very bad choice by him. At MW his chin seemed solid as hell, meanwhile at WW he got dropped by every punch Gall landed and also got dieded by Dwight Grant back in the day.
They both fight at FW so Souza isn't moving up in weight

Back