My big stupid hype trains thread.

#1 flyweight prospect Hadley missed weight for his CS fight tomorrow. Pretty much a lock to not get a contract now, right?

#1 flyweight prospect Hadley missed weight for his CS fight tomorrow. Pretty much a lock to not get a contract now, right?

They might give him some leeway because his fight date moved and it wasn't a massive miss but he'd need a ridiculously impressive performance yeah. I think if he wins impressively he might have to take one more fight before getting picked up though.

Congrats to Jake Hadley, Martin Buday, Slava Borshchev UFC (hope you watched and this isn't a spoiler).

Lol pissing off the matchmakers is not a good way to start your UFC career

Man, Hadley was very underwhelming out there. He missed weight, arguably lost the first round, and looked pretty average for all the hype he gets. Raposo has a shit sub defense and he capitalized on that. The only reason he got signed is because he is a CW champ and has a bit of hype behind him, under any other circumstances he would have been snubbed.

Last edited:
Honestly me too. Too bad about Chris Duncan tho. Slava is obviously way way harder then his previous opponent.
I was impressed by Slava's jab and Duncan's inability to avoid it. But, is it me or Slava looked very vulnerable off his back. Duncan should have played it smart and go for some gnp rather than slug it out against a technically better striker. This is why it is hard to gage a fighter in the DWCS, they frequently stand and bang to impress Dana but you rarely see their ground games.

Also Christian Rodriguez looked good. Maybe sign him for the Bellator BW Grand Prix?

Man, Hadley was very underwhelming out there. He missed weight, arguably lost the first round, and looked pretty average for all the hype he gets. Raposo has a shit sub defense and he capitalized on that. The only reason he got signed is because he is a CW champ and has a bit of hype behind him, under any other circumstances he would have been snubbed.

In his defence he's a big as fuck FLW and his fight got moved back three weeks which had to mess with his weight cut which I imagine is pretty precise for someone his size. Plus Raposo is pretty good, I don't think there was much wrong with choosing not to fight hands there, most people don't have the squeeze that you need to make a pro fighter tap (how many times do you see someone tap to a face crank at UFC level?) But yeah, first round wasn't great (although Raposo didn't really hit him clean or do anything to him with the takedowns) but once he went on the grappling offensive in the 2nd it was easy for him.

Also Christian Rodriguez looked good. Maybe sign him for the Bellator BW Grand Prix?

I think he'll just go back to CFFC or LFA or wherever for a couple of fights and wait for a short notice call.

Was kind of shocked Silva didn't get signed too, okay so she could have done a bit more to finish but she absolutely dominated the fight and she's clearly UFC level.

Nothing against Rodriguez but he showed nothing special in a division full of killers. I think there are dozens of guys like Rodriguez (and even better) at BW. Mo Miller and Rodriguez looked good but very unpolished, I agree with Dana, they need some more seasoning.

Nothing against Rodriguez but he showed nothing special in a division full of killers. I think there are dozens of guys like Rodriguez (and even better) at BW. Mo Miller and Rodriguez looked good but very unpolished, I agree with Dana, they need some more seasoning.

Yeah it's a bit soon for Rodriguez I think, I feel like another year on the regionals will do him good. Miller I think is ready now, a lot of guys in the UFC will struggle to deal with his wrestling.

EDIT - But if he convincingly beats Cupcakes on looking for a fight he'll likely get in.

Yeah it's a bit soon for Rodriguez I think, I feel like another year on the regionals will do him good. Miller I think is ready now, a lot of guys in the UFC will struggle to deal with his wrestling.

EDIT - But if he convincingly beats Cupcakes on looking for a fight he'll likely get in.

Looking at that card, JJ Okanovich was another DWCS guy who didn't a contract so I could see them picking him up if he impresses, too.

Isn't this the fight card with Joseph Holmes on?

Looking at that card, JJ Okanovich was another DWCS guy who didn't a contract so I could see them picking him up if he impresses, too.

Isn't this the fight card with Joseph Holmes on?

Supposedly, although I don't think he actually has anything booked yet.

Mo Miller reminded me a bit of Tywan Claxton and thats not a compliment. Displayed great wrestling and, while I agree that opponents will have a tough time with his wrestling, they seem too content with keeping ground control and not inflicting enough damage. If he beats Cupcakes the same way he beat his previous opponent then IDK if Dana will be too impressed by an inactive wrestler.

Mo Miller reminded me a bit of Tywan Claxton and thats not a compliment. Displayed great wrestling and, while I agree that opponents will have a tough time with his wrestling, they seem too content with keeping ground control and not inflicting enough damage. If he beats Cupcakes the same way he beat his previous opponent then IDK if Dana will be too impressed by an inactive wrestler.

Tbf two of the times I saw him in LFA he dropped his opponent on his head and KO'd them with slams. Hopefully he can get back to doing that.

In his defence he's a big as fuck FLW and his fight got moved back three weeks which had to mess with his weight cut which I imagine is pretty precise for someone his size. Plus Raposo is pretty good, I don't think there was much wrong with choosing not to fight hands there, most people don't have the squeeze that you need to make a pro fighter tap (how many times do you see someone tap to a face crank at UFC level?) But yeah, first round wasn't great (although Raposo didn't really hit him clean or do anything to him with the takedowns) but once he went on the grappling offensive in the 2nd it was easy for him.
Yeah, he didnt get dominated or anything but I think he lost that first round. Raposo looked pretty good on the stand up, but in the second he kind of just gave away the take down (Hadley pretty much just pushed against the cage and he fell), then he kind of gave away his back, and kind of defended the choke, but not really. Dont get me wrong, credit to Hadley for looking to improve position and look for subs but Raposo seemed to accept those positions and didnt seem to fight them too much. In all honesty, if you hadnt seen Hadley before you wouldnt think much of him.

So much talk on DWCS forgot PFL's Chris Curtis "action man" got signed too, he was to fight Evan Cutts in Fury FC but looks like he got signed. though it is listed only on wikipedia I'm looking to confirm.

Back