1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

My big stupid hype trains thread.

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by Hellowhosthat, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Hellowhosthat Steel Belt

Yeah he was due to have a fight against Phil Hawes which he took on a days notice but then Hawes must have changed his mind and it seems they've kept him. I'm happy for him, he's a good fighter.

David Street likes this.
  2. TorontoTO Brown Belt

3. SokoudjouFanboy 39 tried, just 19 succeeded

So glad to see Chris Curtis finally got in the UFC

David Street likes this.
  4. The_Renaissance Sherdog Bunceweight Champion

I wouldn't be completely shocked to see Curtis headkick Hawes out in the 1st round or something. Hawes should rightfully be the favourite but he's lost winnable fights before.

5. Hellowhosthat Steel Belt

I'm going to continually update the first post in the thread to show upcoming fights with prospects that I think are worth watching and where to watch them if I know. I've also included their ranking numbers in the longer list I have that I take the top 15 from. If someone has a fight coming up and isn't listed and you think they should be then it's more than likely just because I haven't had chance to check them out yet (eg Mateusz Rebecki for this week).

Ares Black and GueseGuy like this.
  6. Trill850 Yellow Belt

Cole Ferrell should be getting a call up soon

7. Hellowhosthat Steel Belt

I watched his last fight because of his record and he got knocked out in about 10 seconds by a 5-3 guy.

8. Trill850 Yellow Belt

I heard Cole was sick during that fight. Maybe he just needed a little humbling to get him to the next step‍♂️

9. Thesnake101 Think about it, it worth it.

I'd be pretty shocked if it happened in the first since Curtis is a slow starter and Hawes is usually unstoppable early.

Now, a finish late might materialize for Curtis, but at the same time, I doubt he'll be able to stop Phil from just imposing his will on him. Too small and lax for my liking here.

The_Renaissance likes this.
  10. Thesnake101 Think about it, it worth it.

Fast approaching the next installment of Contender Series, Renfro and Borralho should feast, right?

Btw, are you aware of Petrosyan's opponent at all? I'm hoping that his undefeated record and Armen's recent dissapointing loss to Yousefi leads to good value on the Armenian. Watched a bit of Kolev and he doesn't bring anything that Armen hasn't seen to the table, not to mention him being a can crusher as well.

Hellowhosthat likes this.
  11. Hellowhosthat Steel Belt

Parsons is tailor made from Renfro from what I've seen of him. He's very static and hittable and gets into slugfests which is entertaining against a certain level of competition but against someone as quick and powerful as Solomon I don't think it's good. Renfro is an exciting fighter who's also an extremely charismatic personality and I think they're trying to give him a showcase here.

Not seen enough of Caio's opponent tbh (or that I remember anyway), the only slight question mark is that the fight is at LHW.

Haven't seen Kolev, I need to check him out. I think the only reason Armen lost the fight he lost was that everyone had tried to wrestlefuck him to that point and I think he was caught out by Yusefi not doing the same. I need to watch some tape on Kolev but if he's a standup guy primarily then he's in for trouble against Armen imo.

At least the guy doesn't have to fight Pleasure Man though.

Thesnake101 likes this.
  12. Thesnake101 Think about it, it worth it.

From the footage I saw, Kolev just seems like a guy that relies on overpowering his opponents. His stand-up is ugly and he's slow compared to Armen, on the mat he seems to have decent top control, but it's hard to know just how much of that is because he's fighting cans.

Just saw DK opened the odds for that fight at -340 for Kolev, so I'm definitely putting some cash on Petrosyan as soon as they put the event up in the site I use.

13. Hellowhosthat Steel Belt

That's definitely worth a punt, I'll be on it at that price for sure. Will get some on initially then pile more on if the odds on an initial big favourite drive into huge territory like they sometimes do on CS.

BTW if you're looking for someone else from this thread to consider betting on soon, take a look at Daniel Lacerda, he's currently underdog against Jeff Molina and I'm not sure he should be.

Thesnake101 likes this.
  14. Thesnake101 Think about it, it worth it.

I'll take a look at that. Haven't really started taping next week's card yet. You think the decision prop would be worth it? Molina looked pretty durable against that Chinese guy he fought, save for those last 10 seconds.

15. Hellowhosthat Steel Belt

I'm not sure tbh, Lacerda is really really aggressive with all first round finishes and the only loss he has was because he hurt is shoulder.

Thesnake101 likes this.
  16. Hellowhosthat Steel Belt

[​IMG]

Aleksandr Valiev

Country - Russia
    Weight Class - Welterweight
    Promotion - RCC
    Record - 7-0-1

Keeping an eye on this dude. I really liked his performance in RCC against Sadonshoev, he absolutely broke him down with volume punching and kicking over the course of the fight. I started thinking part way through it that the way he looks and fights reminds me a little bit of Nate Diaz. Once he knew the guy wanted out he relentlessly threw shots at him until the ref stepped in to put him out of his misery too so good killer instinct.

17. Thesnake101 Think about it, it worth it.

@Hellowhosthat alright, Draft King is fucking with us. They just released Renfro at -110. Absolutely no way any other bookie has similar odds to them, it's insane.

18. Ares Black Yellow Card Yellow Card

Go for it. Parsons is a bad dude. I wouldn't touch that fight.

19. Thesnake101 Think about it, it worth it.

Is he? I'll watch some of his fights, but just going off the opponents he's lost and beat he looks middling at best.

Like a fun fighter to watch, but not much else.

Ares Black likes this.
  20. Hellowhosthat Steel Belt

I'll happily take that if my bookie goes for it.