MW is now a stacked division...

Interesting, Anderson has fought only two of the current top 10 guys if you take Sonnen out.

Well, to be fair, he beat Henderson and Chael into different divisions. Franklin, Maia, Leites were all top 10 when he beat them and Okami was #3.

Btw is Okami still top 10? He should be.

I keep expecting Rashad Evans to move down to 185. He is a top guy at 205 but I don' see him beating Jones in a rematch - ever... Given his frame and height, it would be an easy move and he has himself speculated on doing so recently. He would likely mow through pretty much all of the top 185 pounders and give us a fresh match up with Silva.

Honestly with the exception of Weidman, Silva doesn't have any other compelling fights at 185. Fighting GSP is plain silly given their size differences. I get that the UFC is pushing for it for money reasons but GSP is not a guy like Rory Macdonald who is growing into his frame, eventually transitioning to 185. He is 32 and quite comfortable at 170.

I say have Silva fight Weidman and then move to 205 permanently where there are plenty of great fights for him. He stated he wants a 10 fight deal. What better place to finish out his career than in a division where he has a half dozen compelling fights right out of the gate?

I wouldn't mind it honestly if the superfights didn't happen and Andy signed a new 10 fight contract. Stays at MW and kicks these guys' asses into his early 40s.

In my honest opinion, MW has always been a decent division. I've never considered it weak. Most people believe it is weak, that is only because Anderson has destroyed all opposition. As soon as he retires that belt will be swapping more than LHW back when the curse still existed!

Alan Belcher - contender
Chris weidman - top contender
Cung Le - former SF champ
Hector lombard - former Bellator champ
Michael bisping - solid contender
Rich Franklin - former UFC champ
Tim Boetch - solid contender
Vitor Belfort - former champ

None of the guys in bold are very good. I don't know what you're smoking. MW is a joke division with maybe three great fighters tops.

None of the guys in bold are very good. I don't know what you're smoking. MW is a joke division with maybe three great fighters tops.

How dare you doubt "The Talent?"

Only a couple great guys at best. Just vitor and silva really. You know it's bad when you have to use bisping in your list.

Only a couple great guys at best. Just vitor and silva really. You know it's bad when you have to use bisping in your list.

This is the reason I feel people tend to criticise middleweights. People really, really don't like Bisping, so they say he is a bad fighter to make themselves feel better. So, when he is beating guys right and left at 185, instead of thinking "Wait, maybe I was wrong about this guy, he is actually a great fighter." They justify it by arguing that he fights in a weak division.

Belcher, boetch and franklin are not good?

Bisping is good too. He arguably beat sonnen, a guy who is fighting for the LHW title.

Silva beat dan henderson and chael sonnen out of the weight class. Yushin Okami is THE gatekeeper. Decent stand up and stiffling ground control.

Now you tell me what a stacked division and list some fighters, and i'll reply with a similar reply as yours.

Dont forget rockhold and jacare.

MW has progressed, just as every division in the UFC has progressed. It was never substantially weaker than the other divisions, AS just makes everyone he fights look like an amateur. But yes, most divisions are looking deep and competitive these days, and that includes MW

it's getting better, it was weak as hell a few years ago.

Trying to discredit silva again arent we.

Yeah a few years ago there were guys like vitor, hendo, franklin, sonnen, okami, wand... Buncha weaklings i tell ya.

its ok but doesnt look stacked when looking at other divisions...some of those guys really arent that good either TBH...

Belfort, Sonnen, Hendo- All title contenders at LHW, all destroyed by AS

What other division in the UFC do people move UP to avoid the champion? DW is right, people just don't understand how good AS really is

Belfort, Sonnen, Hendo- All title contenders at LHW, all destroyed by AS

What other division in the UFC do people move UP to avoid the champion? DW is right, people just don't understand how good AS really is

My thoughts exactly.

Dont forget franklin. silva beat him into franklinweight and nowhere to go lol.

Silva just gives people no hope.

He makes people leave weightclasses.

Weidman is a young man so he believes the skies the limit. Please believe when/if silva beats him he will drop a weight class or move up.

People really dont understand how good silva is. Who the fuck goes UP a weightclass and makes it look easy.

Forrest was 1 fight removed from the title and silva made him look like a 10 yr old beating up a 5 yr old.

Belcher, boetch and franklin are not good?

Bisping is good too. He arguably beat sonnen, a guy who is fighting for the LHW title.

Silva beat dan henderson and chael sonnen out of the weight class. Yushin Okami is THE gatekeeper. Decent stand up and stiffling ground control.

Now you tell me what a stacked division and list some fighters, and i'll reply with a similar reply as yours.

Dont forget rockhold and jacare.

The fact that Sonnen could come to the division and beat almost everybody shows how weak the division is. He was like 21-9 entering the UFC. Please understand that I

Back