MW is now a stacked division...

DVN**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Was recently looking through the ufc MW division and it looks way more stacked than any other division. With several former champs and solid experienced contenders.

Alan Belcher - contender
Chris weidman - top contender
Cung Le - former SF champ
Hector lombard - former Bellator champ
Michael bisping - solid contender
Rich Franklin - former UFC champ
Tim Boetch - solid contender
Vitor Belfort - former champ

This is a solid group of talented fighters and i didnt add in wand or stann either.

One guy i would take out just cause he's not trying for the title is Cung Le. But he's still a good win for anyone going for a title.

Although i dont see any of these guys beating anderson, its just that silva is that good. If he wasnt there. The MW title would be changing hands like the LHW title did in the past.

Don't forget about Jacare and Rockhold...

Yes i was creating the thread with intentions to put the SF middleweights in there, but forgot to once i started listing them.

Jacare and rockhold are big additions to the already stacked division.

This will be one of the most interesting divisions in the next year or so as Silva may be done soon.

Cant wait

It's a great division. Been a great division for a long time now

It was always stacked. Just like LHW is stacked. Its not their fault there is a dominant champ who makes it look noncompetitive.

Can't wait for Jacare - he's like Werdum in that his striking has become a dangerous weapon.

And Silva v. Rockhold hopefully happens soon as well.

It is stacked from #2 on down, but frankly I don't consider most guys a threat to Silva. Sure, there are some compelling match-ups, but there is an emperor and a bunch of princelings unworthy to sit on the throne.

Silva would rip through them regardless. Not a knock on the div, it's just that the champ is on a superhuman level.

it's much better than it was but still not as deep as most divisions.Most of the top guys have some weaknesses or not really solidified against top top competition.A lot of if's in there.Still it's come a long way.I don't even look at it as their potential vs silva i'm just looking at the division as a whole.It's only gonna get better too the strikeforce guys are gonna make a huge difference and I wouldn't be super surprised if mousasi moved back down.

Damn if only Maia didn't move down, we could of seen Jacare vs. Maia in MMA.

Silva would rip through them regardless. Not a knock on the div, it's just that the champ is on a superhuman level.

Yup i agree. Silva is just that good. I think jones did that to the LHW div. And GSP has done that to the WW div.

Im a huge silva fan, but in a way i kinda want to see him walk away so it opens a lot of stuff up for the MW division.

I just want silva to beat GSp then a retirement fight with jones. That would end the best career in MMA ever.

it's much better than it was but still not as deep as most divisions.Most of the top guys have some weaknesses or not really solidified against top top competition.A lot of if's in there.Still it's come a long way.I don't even look at it as their potential vs silva i'm just looking at the division as a whole.It's only gonna get better too the strikeforce guys are gonna make a huge difference and I wouldn't be super surprised if mousasi moved back down.

How do the top guys have weaknesses?

Alan belcher
Rich franklin
Vitor belfort
Chris weidman
Luke Rockhold
Hector lombard
Yushin okami

Those guys arent well rounded?

Costa Philippou will be on the solid contenders list after he hammers Boetsch.

I also have faith on Ronny Markes, and don't sleep on Roger Gracie.

Super+facepalm_db95e1_3420603.jpg

Even the mid level guys are great, Okami (who is still one of the top guys imo) Palhares, Leben, Shields, Munoz, Herman, Phillipou. It's never really been a weak division.

How do the top guys have weaknesses?

Alan belcher
Rich franklin
Vitor belfort
Chris weidman
Luke Rockhold
Hector lombard
Yushin okami

Those guys arent well rounded?

I mean everyone has a weakness but I agree with you that they are all pretty well rounded. Belcher's the most talented of the bunch in my opinion so I'm glad you started with him haha

Interesting, Anderson has fought only two of the current top 10 guys if you take Sonnen out.

Back