Musical artists that have been true to their fans for decades

Luger

Rabbi of Platinum Nation
Banned
Reaction score
First one to come to my mind is Nick Cave (Bad Seeds/Birthday Party/Grinderman...)
It is all great fun.
Anything from the Birthday Party (pretty Punk) to modern day, has been in similar mood

Even when he brought in Kylie it was morbid. I have a hard time listening to her music in general but I can't deny that she has a beautiful voice.

So I go with Nick and Co. Do you have any good ones?

Bowie messed up with his disco years, along with a bunch of artists.

Edit: Killing Joke, as well. They have had some crazy good songs withing the last few years and they started out in the late 70's.

Ghostface. He's like your gangster grandfather who teaches you life lessons while whipping your ass.

Mark Lanegan

Tom Waits

Neil Young. Yes he's released a lot of crappy albums (and of course many excellent albums) but he's never "sold out" or played by studio rules, he's remained anti-war, anti-establishment, etc.

any artist (or any human for that matter) has the right to change, grow and explore everything and anything that they feel will give them any type of fulfillment... thats one of the basis of freedom, if a country artist (or any type of artist) decides to explore rock, metal, salsa or whatever the hell they want to explore, it might not be because they are not being true to themselves, on the opposite it might be because finally THEY ARE being true to themselves... since you dont know the answer and the only person who knows that answer is the person doing it, then nobody else has the right to use that expression when it comes to anybody but yourself.... so sorry but the title of this thread is basically nonsense... you dont have the right (or even knowledge) to know when another human is being true to himself/herself....peace

rush-band-logo-Copy.jpg

Phish was the first one I thought of. 30 years.

Back