Overrated musical artists you love to hate

Yeah, fuck the Beatles. Can't stand em.
Hardcore punk is dead but there's been some pretty great metal that's been sporadically released over the past two decades. Although I'll concede that the genre overall is past it's best. What subgenres do you like the most? If you'd like I can recc you a few bands.
I like a bit of everything tbh. I started on Misfits and Sabbath as a kid then hardcore like Converge and Coalesce in my teens then branched out to everything. I like the extreme stuff like black metal and doom a lot too. Just a few I still go too (Leviathan/Sleep/Incantation/High On Fire/Snapcase/Lurker of Chalice/Bad Brains/Disembowelment/Black Flag.) Could go all day really.

I like a bit of everything tbh. I started on Misfits and Sabbath as a kid then hardcore like Converge and Coalesce in my teens then branched out to everything. I like the extreme stuff like black metal and doom a lot too. Just a few I still go too (Leviathan/Sleep/Incantation/High On Fire/Snapcase/Lurker of Chalice/Bad Brains/Disembowelment/Black Flag.) Could go all day really.
good shit. Disembowelment is incredible and so are the early albums of Incantation (ESPECIALLY Onward To Golgotha). Bad Brains, Black Flag and Misfits are what i grew up on! and i dig Sleep too.

ill just post 3 newer albums i have enjoyed. hope you find enjoyment in them as well.

You're a fellow S.O.D. fan? Well, fuck it. There's no need for any further infighting between us. Although I don't agree with your opinions about Pantera, I will defend your right to say them.

To be honest, Cold Lake isn't that bad of an album.
Cheers man, i was about to say the same but then you said that about Cold Lake and i dunno......

nah but seriously, agree to disagree. its all good!

good shit. Disembowelment is incredible and so are the early albums of Incantation (ESPECIALLY Onward To Golgotha). Bad Brains, Black Flag and Misfits are what i grew up on! and i dig Sleep too.

ill just post 3 newer albums i have enjoyed. hope you find enjoyment in them as well.

Thanks dude. Not familiar with the first and last bands and will definitely check them out. I was into Melt Banana and Discordance Axis back in the day so I dig me some Gridlink. Hard to find good shit these day. Thanks again.

Pantera.
Inspired nu-metal which is a crime in itself. A lot of their songs are just knuckle-dragger tier. Single-handedly made metal a lot dumber. I cant fucking stand them and everyone ASSUMES that if you like metal, you like Pantera.
and yeah its tragic how Dimebag was killed but that doesnt mean i cant think his band was crap. Phil Anselmo actually likes a lot of good music but he's a goddamned moron. All his side projects are bad too.
What you think of Pantera is exactly what I think of Metallica, a pompous bunch of sub-talented cunts :)

I think Anthrax absolutely suck there's about ten other thrash bands from that time that deserve that Big 4 spot over them. imho

What you think of Pantera is exactly what I think of Metallica, a pompous bunch of sub-talented cunts :)
haha, im a big fan of Metallica's first 3 albums and i like a few songs off of And Justice. but other than that i agree. theyve made much more bad music than good.

I think Anthrax absolutely suck there's about ten other thrash bands from that time that deserve that Big 4 spot over them. imho

pajama-kid.gif

That 4th band either has to be Exodus or Testament.

haha, im a big fan of Metallica's first 3 albums and i like a few songs off of And Justice. but other than that i agree. theyve made much more bad music than good.
Metallica was acclaimed as the new Messiah of HM , but they are actually the greatest dishonour ever in metal.. I quite like the Black Album, but that's about it. Megadeth are far more talented than Metallica.

• Haha
Reactions: Cid
The Scorpions were a great band until they jumped onto the worst political bandwagon ever in rock with the crappiest ballad I've ever heard in eons - Wind of Change - which totally ignores history, culture and social issues - a slap in the face of decent music.

It’s been my misfortune to have lived during the existence of the shittiest band in recorded history, System of a Down. Seriously, I would rather listen to beer cans in a blender than their unholy racket.

It’s been my misfortune to have lived during the existence of the shittiest band in recorded history, System of a Down. Seriously, I would rather listen to beer cans in a blender than their unholy racket.
Indeed, SOAD is a disgrace in rock music.

Last edited:
Eminem ......I fell asleep at the theatre ,dragged by friends to watch the movie on him !!!!

Back