Overrated musical artists you love to hate

Sleep Token. They kinda suck.
Also never got the appeal of Bad Religion and Ghost.

3 out of 3 for me. Ghost I really don't get, I mean I don't hate em but I really don't understand the appeal.

Indeed I've seen weirdos in rock all my life, but I don't get the dude in Pope drab appeal either :)
theyre just a way worse version of Mercyful Fate. Fate did all the shit Ghost did 30+ years ago and way better.

It's all subjective at the end of the day. I personally think some of the artists you've listed are excellent. Bauhaus have a top 10 song of all time for me in Bela Lugosi's dead.
That song has been a staple in my house around every Halloween for at least the past 5 months...
Every now and then it surprises me and comes on the old "lifting songs" playlist.

TOM WAITS
LEONARD COHEN
JONI MITCHELL
BILLIE EILISH
,,.........................they all suck big time !!

TOM WAITS
LEONARD COHEN
JONI MITCHELL
BILLIE EILISH
,,.........................they all suck big time !!
You shut your fucking mouth sir! I love Cohen and like some Waits songs. I hate Mitchell more than anything and not familiar with Eilish.

ED SHEERAN ......no, I mean he's got a cool voice, but the music, harmony, arrangements are downright crap !!!!

ED SHEERAN ......no, I mean he's got a cool voice, but the music, harmony, arrangements are downright crap !!!!
I couldn't name one of his songs, but I have to respect the fact that that pudgy little ginger became a pop sensation/heartthrob. Every time I see him being interviewed or whatever, I just think "That fuckin' guy is making the ladies weak in the knees?". Gives ugly dorks everywhere some hope.

Anyways, I'll go with "The Tragically Hip". More of a Canadian thing, but holy fuck these guys were Gods up here, and I'll never ever understand it. They're "average" defined. One of the few bands I can think of where you would have to pay top dollar to see them in the nose bleeds at a freakin' stadium in their home country, but could hop the border and see them at a dive bar in the neighboring country.

Holy shit, there’s nothing overrated about Cohen, Waits, Siouxsie, or Bauhaus. Wow.

For me, it’s the Grateful Dead. Just unlistenable and their fans are so annoying it makes me hate them even more <45>

Holy shit, there’s nothing overrated about Cohen, Waits, Siouxsie, or Bauhaus. Wow.

For me, it’s the Grateful Dead. Just unlistenable and their fans are so annoying it makes me hate them even more <45>
I agree to disagree on the Dead. Wow, the same feeling I have with Cohen, Waits, SATB, Bauhaus !!!! :):)

d43f50194dd881139f9e893d303a50fc_w200.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back