Music/MMA/other good stuff

Adrien Broner hasn't been convicted of anything. What's your thoughts on him?
Same as Conor. He's a punk. But if he hasn't been convicted then I can't call him a criminal.

Why, because Zuffa says so?

Fighters become the best when the UFC signs and promotes them. Not before. MMA has become a world wide sport. There's more talent out there than the 50 guys who fight each other over and over again on the UFC roster. They still have Cowboy Cerrone headlining cards, FFS. They sign 2 or 3 solid guys every few years and then have them fight the stars of yesterday.
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the entertainment value, but what you say is an exaggeration and everyone knows it, even if they refuse to admit it. What they do is exactly what Top Rank does with Terence Crawford and Lomachenko. They're the best because they tell you they're the best.

In the vast majority of cases the best fighters gravitate to the ufc. The old gym I used to Train at we had fighters from cage warriors and bamma. They were all working towards the ufc; that’s the big leagues

MMA rankings are not ufc led, yet the vast majority of the top 10 fighters are ufc guys. Most of the top fighters in other organisations are ex ufc! My one issue with boxing is the laughable matchups. In general the best guys do not fight each other. That is the one area that MMA pisses all over boxing. as cocksure said, none of these HWs would be able to avoid each other unless they went to another organisation

none of these HWs would be able to avoid each other unless they went to another organisation

not forever, but for a certain time.

Until you break it into the top 5 in the UFC, the competition is pretty similar.

Tony beat a few "top" guys, everyone else was meh and you can find that "meh" competition even in bellator, rizin etc.

In the vast majority of cases the best fighters gravitate to the ufc. The old gym I used to Train at we had fighters from cage warriors and bamma. They were all working towards the ufc; that’s the big leagues

MMA rankings are not ufc led, yet the vast majority of the top 10 fighters are ufc guys. Most of the top fighters in other organisations are ex ufc! My one issue with boxing is the laughable matchups. In general the best guys do not fight each other. That is the one area that MMA pisses all over boxing. as cocksure said, none of these HWs would be able to avoid each other unless they went to another organisation
The one good thing about the UFC even though it's also a bad thing is that their monopoly means most of the top MMA fighters in the world are housed under a single roof which avoids the different promotional/network politics we'd otherwise have. Back in November I looked at Sherdog's MMA rankings and broke down each division from Flyweight to Heavyweight. Overall the UFC has between 70%-100% of all the champions & top 10 contenders in the sport today. I could've just as easily used another source for the rankings and got very similar results.

A fight the magnitude of AJ vs Wilder would've already happened by now if both of those guys were signed with the UFC. There's no running or hiding there and newly signed fighters won't be avoiding the wolves for long if they continue to win their match-ups.

Tony beat a few "top" guys, everyone else was meh and you can find that "meh" competition even in bellator, rizin
Ferguson?

His resume shits on Khabib and Conor....

The one good thing about the UFC even though it's also a bad thing is that their monopoly means most of the top MMA fighters in the world are housed under a single roof which avoids the different promotional/network politics we'd otherwise have. Back in November I looked at Sherdog's MMA rankings and broke down each division from Flyweight to Heavyweight. Overall the UFC has between 70%-100% of all the champions & top 10 contenders in the sport today. I could've just as easily used another source for the rankings and got very similar results.

A fight the magnitude of AJ vs Wilder would've already happened by now if both of those guys were signed with the UFC. There's no running or hiding there and newly signed fighters won't be avoiding the wolves for long if they continue to win their match-ups.

in the ufc it’s more the other way around with the young talent getting the top fighters too early much of the time. Overall though I think the matchmaking in MMA is generally far better then boxing from a fans standpoint

in the ufc it’s more the other way around with the young talent getting the top fighters too early much of the time. Overall though I think the matchmaking in MMA is generally far better then boxing from a fans standpoint
Yeah. On one hand it's good that they don't coddle their prospects but on the other hand their number of developmental fights used to build them up to the championship level will be limited. Remember when the UFC gave Cejudo his first title shot against DJ? I knew that was way too soon and he ended up getting stopped early. Boxing has a tried and tested process of building up prospects as they rise through the rankings which prepares them much better for the world level than the UFC even if they milk that for all it's worth in order to pad records. I agree on the matchmaking being better in MMA (at least in the UFC) outside of some fighters being rushed too quickly.

cuz they cant make 1 million dollars vs a top 136 guy.

more money & deeper talent pool = it will look like boxing ... maybe one day.

ps: UFC not MMA

Last edited:
Fuck mma, ufc is ded

Kobe Bryant just fucking died in a helicopter crash. Woooow. RIP. What. The. Fuck.

Kobe Bryant just fucking died in a helicopter crash. Woooow. RIP. What. The. Fuck.
Can't believe it. R.I.P to a true ATG of the game.
Someone i know lives in the area and she said this
"California is full of micro climates and maybe they flew into bad weather just over the ridge. It's really foggy and wet in the mornings in Calabasas."

@WklySportsMemes ill tag you in here since we're hijacking the wilder thread and you might find this interesting haha

I don't know shit about it but thought it was an interesting tidbit

Someone i know lives in the area and she said this
"California is full of micro climates and maybe they flew into bad weather just over the ridge. It's really foggy and wet in the mornings in Calabasas."

@WklySportsMemes ill tag you in here since we're hijacking the wilder thread and you might find this interesting haha

I don't know shit about it but thought it was an interesting tidbit
Yeah from what I can tell ppl are speculating the weather got foggy and they couldn't see too well. Hearing something about them having to try to fly w/o seeing anything and hit the ridge area.

Yeah from what I can tell ppl are speculating the weather got foggy and they couldn't see too well. Hearing something about them having to try to fly w/o seeing anything and hit the ridge area.
That's kind of frightening...

Now some transportation woman is saying that the flight patterns look like the helicopter tried to land in LA then went North. She's guessing it looks like a mechanical issue, they couldn't land in the city for whatever reason, then went North to a less populated area to try to land it while it was losing altitude or malfuctioning, etc.

She said it looked like they basically tried to crash land it rather than it going full speed into something they didn't see. Nobody really knows for sure, I guess.

Allegedly they were headed to a basketball tourney/game the daughter was supposed to play in...

Kobe his daughter, another parent, their kid, and the pilot apparently are the ones who passed in the crash. Allegedly. Two dead children just going to play some ball. Sickening.

Back