Muay Thai fighters who "just stand there"

http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...-mcgregor-actually-beat-nate-diaz-at-ufc-202#

"McGregor had thrown only a handful of muay thai-style leg kicks in his entire UFC career, depending instead on linear kicks of the kind Jon Jones popularized. In fact he expressly eschewed the style, judging its "flatfooted" fighters as lacking the movement necessary to keep up with him.

This fight depended on him perfectly executing a technique he had just five months to master—and he came out and did it like a multiple-time veteran of the Lumpinee Boxing Stadium."

That last sentence fucking killed me...

Ha

This guy is one of the more respected writers in MMA.

He makes it seem like McGregor has never kicked in his life and that the leg kick is some deeply complicated thing. And to pull it off against leg kick defense master Nate Diaz? Absolutely breathtaking!

Multiple-time McGregor is unstoppable. Give him five months and he'd surely take out the Riemann hypothesis. He's a kind of polymath the world has never seen. Unfreakingbelievable!

Ha

This guy is one of the more respected writers in MMA.

He makes it seem like McGregor has never kicked in his life and that the leg kick is some deeply complicated thing. And to pull it off against leg kick defense master Nate Diaz? Absolutely breathtaking!

Multiple-time McGregor is unstoppable. Give him five months and he'd surely take out the Riemann hypothesis. He's a kind of polymath the world has never seen. Unfreakingbelievable!
I called him out on twitter and apparently what he said wasn't what he said. Guess I'm missing the point?

This is what a non flat footed kick looks like
SB01we.gif

This is what a non flat footed kick looks like
SB01we.gif

Watched that fight on the UFC YouTube page a few days ago. That GIF doesn't do it justice. One of the slowest, crappiest and seemingly weakest kicks I've ever seen.

Watched that fight on the UFC YouTube page a few days ago. That GIF doesn't do it justice. One of the slowest, crappiest and seemingly weakest kicks I've ever seen.
lol it's not really even a kick he just lifted his leg. would've had zero impact if connected

http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...-mcgregor-actually-beat-nate-diaz-at-ufc-202#

"McGregor had thrown only a handful of muay thai-style leg kicks in his entire UFC career, depending instead on linear kicks of the kind Jon Jones popularized. In fact he expressly eschewed the style, judging its "flatfooted" fighters as lacking the movement necessary to keep up with him.

This fight depended on him perfectly executing a technique he had just five months to master—and he came out and did it like a multiple-time veteran of the Lumpinee Boxing Stadium."

That last sentence fucking killed me...
I doubt they mess up their shins from a few low kicks. They would have also finished Diaz

if they dont move it might be a trap or they are just very good at countering

Back