Muay Thai fighters who "just stand there"

I think a lot of the way that the combat sports community thinks about muay thai has to do with racism or belief in the cultural superiority of the west. 'The thais are too stupid and backwards to have learned about boxing and integrated it with muay thai so a white guy had to show them how'. 'The thais may have come up with muay thai but the west has perfected it by combining it with boxing'. Typical bullshit.

And it's not just Joe Rogan who believes this, you hear this sort of thing all the time.

or most people are just ignorant with MT in Thailand.

i don't buy this "racism" everywhere thing.

yeah it's probably 2 out of every 5 woman
sometimes dumb statement are the one that hard to die.

like 1 every 5 women in college are sexually assaulted

No viable argument for dekkers being top 50 (or top 100 honestly)....he had a losing record in thailand. He's not even the best foreign fighter.

Unlike popular narrative, Dekkers also rarely got robbed. I remember like one time in Japan against a Thai and maybe another in Thailand (Maybe more).
Other than that he just got outkicked/clinched.

No viable argument for dekkers being top 50 (or top 100 honestly)....he had a losing record in thailand. He's not even the best foreign fighter.

There's an easy 25 active fighters right now who have had better careers than Dekkers. It's so easy to forget who comes and goes in this sport. I'll see videos from a few years ago of fighters I have forgotten about. The sheer amount of fighters there have been and fights that have taken place going back about a century has to be staggering. I mean, in just one calendar year there are about 2000 weekday fights between the two stadiums. Looking at the entire scope of it, it seems hard to say Dekkers is even top 500.

Could it be said Dekkers is unquestionably a greater fighter than someone like Sittisak? Dekkers best few wins might be better, but he doesn't have the career longevity or overall number of decent wins. I think it's a real debate, and Sittisak is basically a good journeyman despite him being the current lightweight Lumpini champion.

or most people are just ignorant with MT in Thailand.

i don't buy this "racism" everywhere thing.
Well it seem like people only choose to be completely ignorant of the accomplishments of thais in thailand, no matter what they do. But when Dekkers or Parr or even Daniel McGowan does anything in thailand it's cause for celebration.

Well it seem like people only choose to be completely ignorant of the accomplishments of thais in thailand, no matter what they do. But when Dekkers or Parr or even Daniel McGowan does anything in thailand it's cause for celebration.

Where'd you come from? I like you.

because those people are westerners as well, so they can relate with them.

no one in Singapore cares about AFL, but if some Singaporean start making it to the AFL, they start to care.

why do you think there is a sudden increase of Irish's interest in MMA, why do you think after GSP retired, there isn't as much as UFC event in canada.

no one in Singapore cares about AFL, but if some Singaporean start making it to the AFL, they start to care.

why do you think there is a sudden increase of Irish's interest in MMA, why do you think after GSP retired, there isn't as much as UFC event in canada.
Well yeah dekker got noticed because he was the most succesful foreigner in thailand at the time but his fans also make up alot of lies all the time.

"Dekkers was the most feared fighter in thailand, he beat up all thais but could only get the win if he got a KO because of corrupt thai judges"

I don't even know why people believe in that bullshit, i mean he also lost to thais plenty of times outside of thailand and in thailand got out scored plenty of times. I think he lost more than 50% of his fights against thais

It always strikes me as strange that homophily is assumed to be rooted in hatred or racial supremacy lol The guy watching sports at the bar is going to pay more attention when his home team is playing. Nothing sinister about it.

Well yeah dekker got noticed because he was the most succesful foreigner in thailand at the time but his fans also make up alot of lies all the time.

"Dekkers was the most feared fighter in thailand, he beat up all thais but could only get the win if he got a KO because of corrupt thai judges"

I don't even know why people believe in that bullshit, i mean he also lost to thais plenty of times outside of thailand and in thailand got out scored plenty of times. I think he lost more than 50% of his fights against thais
If Lawrence Kenshin says it, it must be tru :D

http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...-mcgregor-actually-beat-nate-diaz-at-ufc-202#

"McGregor had thrown only a handful of muay thai-style leg kicks in his entire UFC career, depending instead on linear kicks of the kind Jon Jones popularized. In fact he expressly eschewed the style, judging its "flatfooted" fighters as lacking the movement necessary to keep up with him.

This fight depended on him perfectly executing a technique he had just five months to master—and he came out and did it like a multiple-time veteran of the Lumpinee Boxing Stadium."

That last sentence fucking killed me...

http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...-mcgregor-actually-beat-nate-diaz-at-ufc-202#

"McGregor had thrown only a handful of muay thai-style leg kicks in his entire UFC career, depending instead on linear kicks of the kind Jon Jones popularized. In fact he expressly eschewed the style, judging its "flatfooted" fighters as lacking the movement necessary to keep up with him.

This fight depended on him perfectly executing a technique he had just five months to master—and he came out and did it like a multiple-time veteran of the Lumpinee Boxing Stadium."

That last sentence fucking killed me...
Its as if they wrote a whole article with the intention of trolling this forum lol

Back