MSNBC claims Putin directly involved in US election hacking.

First, the story isn't "fake news," you hack. Second, the point isn't that MSNBC thinks that NBC made up the meeting with senior intelligence officials--they'd have to be as crazy as you guys to think that. The point is that the phrasing of the thread implies that MSNBC is the source for the news when the actual source is two senior intelligence officials. Think about if it were something you weren't so tribalistic about. Say Jordan Breen is discussing UFC 207 and mentions that Rousey is the betting favorite, and someone starts a thread saying "Breen claims that Rousey is likely to win." That's misleading, right?
Whoa hold your horses Jack, I never claimed this is fake news at all! Not sure how you got that from what I wrote?

All I am saying is that MSNBC wouldn't be reporting on it if they didn't believe it also, right? In that way, their decision to report the news imparts a claim on their behalf that it is true.

Just as Jordan Breen would be claiming the numbers from his chosen source to be true.

I'm not a fan of the use of hack either. These emails were compromised through phishing, which is the same technique the Nigerians use. We call these "scams". Hacking an election would mean to actually hack into voting machines and change results.

A more accurate headline to this narrative would be "Putin Directly Involved In Influencing Election"
If this was an insider leak of emails, or a phishing scam that ensnared one of the DNC employees this would be more accurate, but those who know are keeping the cards close to their chest.

Whoa hold your horses Jack, I never claimed this is fake news at all! Not sure how you got that from what I wrote?

Ah, OK. I misread you there.

All I am saying is that MSNBC wouldn't be reporting on it if they didn't believe it also, right? In that way, their decision to report the news imparts a claim on their behalf that it is true.

Just as Jordan Breen would be claiming the numbers from his chosen source to be true.

This, again, is irrelevant to the point. The TS suggested that the source of the claim is MSNBC, which is clearly false. The primary source--which should be credited in a headline like this--is the two senior intelligence officials who talked to NBC. Other stories on it by other media outlets are reporting on the news that NBC broke, with the officials as the source.

The election wasn't hacked just an email server.

If the have actual proof fine let's see it.

The proof is that the packet data captured matches packet data captured previously that originated from Russia.

Basically, the same signature is on all of these attacks and it's the same signature that has been seen previously from Russian hacks.

You're wrong.

"MSNBC is reporting" is better than "MSNBC claims," but better still would be "sources tell NBC." "MSNBC claims" suggests that the source of the claim is MSNBC.

the video titles were "Vladimir Putin Directly Involved in US Election Hacking" and "Vladimir Putin Directed How Hacking Material Was Used To Undermine US Election"

not "CIA believes Vladimir Putin Directly Involved in US Election Hacking" or "CIA: Vladimir Putin Directly Involved in US Election Hacking""

the headline is stating it as a fact, not a message being passed along

claim
klām/
verb
  1. 1.
    state or assert that something is the case, typically without providing evidence or proof.
    "he claimed that he came from a wealthy, educated family"
    synonyms: assert, declare, profess, maintain, state, hold, affirm, avow; More

I'd say "claim" is a valid word to use

What can't this guy do? Rule a country, sambo practitioner, shirtless bear rider, comic book character, causes Steven Segal to switch teams and apparently elite mastermind of all things hacking.

MSNBC, you say?

20hse8o.gif

@Jack V Savage works at the sole remaining Blockbuster.

@TheStruggle has diabetes.
blockbuster.png

Seriously, he's been assigning partisan tropes on me harder than ever in 10 years, while at the same time speaking out against "tribalism" and "partisanship". Until Bernie vs Hillary I always lauded his appearance in a thread for the contextual education he was about to lay down, but now, seems like he's lashing out at a larger % of posters due to perceived personality/policy archetypes and informing/helping further conversations with a "cool as a cucumber"/Vulcanesque emotional control deserving of a BJ from a Tibetan Monk less than ever.

It's hilarious to see the extent to which you guys are willing to argue a meaningless point.

The proof is that the packet data captured matches packet data captured previously that originated from Russia.

Basically, the same signature is on all of these attacks and it's the same signature that has been seen previously from Russian hacks.
So they can tell us about what they monitored from their computer screens but they won't show us the recordings. They've already named their key suspect in Putin and unless they plan to file a lawsuit, there's no point in not releasing the full, unadulterated evidence.

blockbuster.png

Seriously, he's been assigning partisan tropes on me harder than ever in 10 years, while at the same time speaking out against "tribalism" and "partisanship". Until Bernie vs Hillary I always lauded his appearance in a thread for the contextual education he was about to lay down, but now, seems like he's lashing out at a larger % of posters due to perceived personality/policy archetypes and informing/helping further conversations with a "cool as a cucumber"/Vulcanesque emotional control deserving of a BJ from a Tibetan Monk less than ever.

You need to fix that to incorporate the @

blockbuster.png

Also, you guys go back 10 years? FUCK

So they can tell us about what they monitored from their computer screens but they won't show us the recordings. They've already named their key suspect in Putin and unless they plan to file a lawsuit, there's no point in not releasing the full, unadulterated evidence.

Why would the CIA or any of the 16 government agencies involved in this investigation show you anything specific that relates to a security breach and our national security? When has this ever occurred?

You're just some asshole posting on Sherdog like the rest of us.

I hate like they act as though Russia changed the results, they simply gave us evidence of corruption and fraud with no commentary and people decided on their own whether it would influence their vote or not

That isn't the point. Stop trying to wave your dick around and realize Russian cyberattacks will have an effect on all of you.

blockbuster.png

I've noticed this and even speculated that he's working for the other side. Frankly, with the intellectual resources he has available, he is *astoundingly* unpersuasive, and his arrogant dismissal of other viewpoints and clever, rhetorical argument style is just going to push people away. Simply put, he has people attempting to argue with him in good faith and he labels them idiots or mentally unstable or some such, pulls very clever (I do tip my hat for this) dodges, and then wonders why more and more people are being convinced away from the position he claims to support?

The guy complains about tribalism but, frankly, his argument style is going to be more effective at pushing middle-players to the other side than the arguments of the people on the other side.

Ah, OK. I misread you there.

This, again, is irrelevant to the point. The TS suggested that the source of the claim is MSNBC, which is clearly false. The primary source--which should be credited in a headline like this--is the two senior intelligence officials who talked to NBC. Other stories on it by other media outlets are reporting on the news that NBC broke, with the officials as the source.
When a media outlet is the initial source for a general public to hear about the news from the mouth of an original source are they not acting as a source by publicizing the original source's claim? Does this not imply they share the claim?

i need actual expert testimony
GNquEcw.gifv

Back