MSNBC claims Putin directly involved in US election hacking.

*recording this thread for future arguments so she can cite precedent when she says "Oh, the news agency in question isn't actually saying _____, they're just passing it on"..*

I think I can have some fun with this line of reasoning in the future :)

Yes he was and anyone saying otherwise is a fool.

Notice how these hacks are dead silent about the ballot stuffing in Detroit

But they know guy who works with a guy who is 80% sure the Putin hacked the election himself.

...because they're claiming it to be true, right?

You're still not understanding a rather simple point. The TS is suggesting that MSNBC is the source. They are not the source. The thread title is misleading. You can still be a right-winger and care about accuracy, you know. No need to defend that kind of thing out of tribalism.

If they have evidence of it, they had better bloody well provide it. If there is confirmation of this, we should really know because it's important. I really hope this fits more the "exposing fact" paradigm than the "pushing narrative" one.
Exactly. They're straight up accusing the president of another country of interfering with our democratic election. First of all that's fucking hilariously hypocritical of the US government to criticize anybody for foreign election disruption, but second of all if it's true then they need to provide proof. And if their proof holds up to public scrutiny it should be treated as an act of war.

You're still not understanding a rather simple point. The TS is suggesting that MSNBC is the source. They are not the source. The thread title is misleading. You can still be a right-winger and care about accuracy, you know. No need to defend that kind of thing out of tribalism.
Right wingers don't listen to hours of public radio everyday for 12 years, but I agree with your tribalism statement, which is why I had no problem distancing myself from my tribe by exposing myself to/allowing the possible reality of negative news that has surfaced regarding the DNC/Hillary campaign this election cycle.

That said, MSNBC wouldn't be passing on the info from their source of they weren't sharing the claim he is making. Otherwise they would clearly be passing on fake news if they didn't believe the claims.

Exactly. They're straight up accusing the president of another country of interfering with our democratic election. First of all that's fucking hilariously hypocritical of the US government to criticize anybody for foreign election disruption, but second of all if it's true then they need to provide proof. And if their proof holds up to public scrutiny it should be treated as an act of war.

We all know that there is literally nothing that will satisfy people like you and ehtheist on an issue like this, but if there's a negative accusation against a liberal, "an anonymous 4Chan poster said" is considered conclusive proof.

As I pointed out in another thread:

Net favorability of Putin:
Democrats July 2014: -54, Dec 2016: -62
Republicans July 2014: -66, Dec 2016: -10

Partisanship is a helluva a drug.

Right wingers don't listen to hours of public radio everyday for 12 years, but I agree with your tribalism statement, which is why I had no problem distancing myself from my tribe by exposing myself to/allowing the possible reality of negative news that has surfaced regarding the DNC/Hillary campaign this election cycle.

That said, MSNBC wouldn't be passing on the info from their source of they weren't sharing the claim he is making. Otherwise they would clearly be passing on fake news if they didn't believe the claims.

First, the story isn't "fake news," you hack. Second, the point isn't that MSNBC thinks that NBC made up the meeting with senior intelligence officials--they'd have to be as crazy as you guys to think that. The point is that the phrasing of the thread implies that MSNBC is the source for the news when the actual source is two senior intelligence officials. Think about if it were something you weren't so tribalistic about. Say Jordan Breen is discussing UFC 207 and mentions that Rousey is the betting favorite, and someone starts a thread saying "Breen claims that Rousey is likely to win." That's misleading, right?

I don't like how close the word "hack" is getting to the word "election." Some of these headlines have been misleading and are creating plenty of strawmen for the retards to attack.

We all know that there is literally nothing that will satisfy people like you and ehtheist on an issue like this, but if there's a negative accusation against a liberal, "an anonymous 4Chan poster said" is considered conclusive proof.

As I pointed out in another thread:

Partisanship is a helluva a drug.
You're a fucking lunatic and LMAO@you of all people accusing anyone of being partisan

The election wasn't hacked just an email server.

If the have actual proof fine let's see it.

I don't like how close the word "hack" is getting to the word "election." Some of these headlines have been misleading and are creating plenty of strawmen for the retards to attack.
I'm not a fan of the use of hack either. These emails were compromised through phishing, which is the same technique the Nigerians use. We call these "scams". Hacking an election would mean to actually hack into voting machines and change results.

A more accurate headline to this narrative would be "Putin Directly Involved In Influencing Election"

Back