Movies People Hate But You Love

Yeah, I never got the hate. It's an enjoyable movie with a neat concept that is pretty well realized all in all. It just ever shook it's "box-office disaster" moniker. Even to this day I hear people refer to Kevin Costner as "Kevin Cost Too Much", and it's all because of that movie.

To be fair, the budget did balloon due to various issues (Like a giant set sinking into the ocean) but in all reality it eventually made money.

To be fair, the budget did balloon due to various issues (Like a giant set sinking into the ocean) but in all reality it eventually made money.

Oh' yeah, it was a complete disaster from a production standpoint. IIRC, it was the most expensive movie ever made at one point. You best knock it out of the park with that reputation. Just saying that I think most of criticism comes from that, rather than the actual movie, which at worst is a pretty standard action-adventure flick that kind of ripped off "Mad Max" a little bit. It's a pretty solid, if not derivative popcorn flick, but you'd think it was the worst movie ever, right up there with "Battlefield Earth", the way it's talked about.

I loved this movie when I was a kid. Booooooobs.

Watched it again as an adult and it turns out that it's a truly terrible movie.

Haha. Yes, it is simply awful. I loved it as a kid. Now I love it because it's absolutely over the top corny.

It's funny that were faster cars in my High School parking lot and a few kids who would have kicked the shit out of the bad guys.

The Silver Corvette and the Yellow Firebird with the fake supercharger are iconic in their own ways.

Godfather 3
Superman 4: The Quest for Peace

Bad movie movie but still pretty entertaining.

Wait. I just want to understand you correctly. The reason why people gave it a poor rating is because they thought it was pushing an ulterior agenda?

And doing so poorly as I said in the second part.

AvP Requiem - I actually just watched this for the first time pretty recently, and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I watched it on blu-ray, and could not understand all of the complaints from other people about the movie being so dark you couldn't tell what was happening on screen. Seemed fine to me. Seeing the predator hunt down all of the escaped aliens was cool, as was seeing all of the gory deaths the teens suffered. Not amazing by any means, but not nearly as bad as most people were claiming it to be.

When it came out I said "This is the best movie of either franchise in the last 20 years'" and I still stand by that statement.

But... exactly how high of praise is that? 'Oh, its better than Alien3, Predator2, and the first AvP movie.'
<Durant35>
So when I rewatch the movie, I purposely skip the scenes in which there's people NOT being massacred.

Yes seriously, every scene in which there's people talking is horrible. The heart of this movie is a nest of Aliens VS a lone Predator, and the Pred-Alien was awesome.

super hero movies suck ass

just sayin
There's just so flippin many, it's totally over saturated. Loved all the Batman movies since Bale, love avengers and the spin offs. I can take or leave the rest pretty much. Sure there are some exceptions I can't think of.

Yeah, I never got the hate. It's an enjoyable movie with a neat concept that is pretty well realized all in all. It just ever shook it's "box-office disaster" moniker. Even to this day I hear people refer to Kevin Costner as "Kevin Cost Too Much", and it's all because of that movie.

The big issue was when it was released I'd say, the same film 5 years earlier I think would have gone down much better but by the mid 90's CGI was in vogue whilst scrappy dystopian action with real sets were less so.

Masters of the Universe
Rambo Last Blood
The Divergent movies
The Matrix 2 and 3
No Holds Barred
Pixels
Punch Drunk love
Grown Ups 1 and 2

Masters of the Universe

If there was ever a film were the villainous characters carried it this is it, not even just the performances but the design work as well was I think you could argue as close as anyone had come to "cosmic" comics, arguably still better than anything DC have done with that side.

I'm still to this day confused on why people hate those other than it became cool to hate them so everyone jumped on the bandwagon. The first 2 are fun and in the spirit of the cartoons . The third and after kinda fell apart though

I also love jurassic Park 3.
Jp3 is another good one that gets way too much hate. I like it as much as the lost world

MV5BNjc2NTFiYTItNDVhNy00OGM4LTlhODktMWU5NGE5MTEwNDI3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzMzMjU5NDY@._V1_.jpg
Yessssssss!!! Diamond in the rough. A young nubile Charlie sheen, Randy quail kills it as the sheriff, and one of the great 80’s villains.

Also...Clint fuckin Howard

Back