Movies People Hate But You Love

source.gif

Even if Vikander reboot is not a great film, it's a fun adventure movie- a genre of which we haven't seen many entries since The Mummy.
Well done.

And even as a pretty good film, it's easily one of the greatest video game to movie adaptations ever up there with Mortal Kombat, Silent Hill, Rampage, Detective Pikachu, etc (it's a low bar, I know).

Yep. It was formulaic almost to a fault but really well made. And Vikander was believable as a human being for a change, showing actual warmth and even almost smiling a few times.

I thought Sonic the hedgehog was a lot of fun. I’d put that one up there too. Hope we get a sequel with Tails and Jim Carrey back

Last edited:
Yep. It was formulaic almost to a fault but really well made. And Vikander was believed as a human being for a change, showing actual warmth and even almost smiling a few times.

I thought Sonic the hedgehog was a lot of fun. I’d put that one up there too. Hope we get a sequel with Tails and Jim Carrey back

ive heard that about Sonic. Never got to see it. Will check it out.

Waterworld. It's a good film, but people trash it for some good reasons. But I think the downsides of the films are outweighed by the good parts of the film.

Some others:

Barbarella
Gone with the Wind
Star Trek: The Motion Picture
Speed Racer
Bohemian Rhapsody
Diablo Cody’s movies (Juno, Young Adult, Tully, Paradise, Jennifer’s Body)

Prometheus

Saw thread, came to post this but I'm a day late. I really like Prometheus. I thought it was very well made, particularly the first arc.

Another thread reminded me.. tons O 90’s early 00’s horror
Jason goes to hell
House on haunted hill
13 ghosts
A nightmare on elm street pt 5
Jaws 3d
Bordello of blood
Demon knight

I saw 13 Ghosts as an teenager and really liked it, I thought the premise was pretty fresh. Not sure how it will hold up if I watch it now though, it's been 20 years after all.

My contribution to the thread: Other than Prometheus
Predators - the 2010 starring Adrien Brody
Again, I thought the premise was pretty good. I'm actually a little surprised people dislike it.

Saw thread, came to post this but I'm a day late. I really like Prometheus. I thought it was very well made, particularly the first arc..

My contribution to the thread: Other than Prometheus
Predators - the 2010 starring Adrien Brody
Again, I thought the premise was pretty good. I'm actually a little surprised people dislike it.

I'd say the issue with both of these films is you can tell they had the potential to be more than they were. When someone is simply medicore *cough*Abrams*cough* its often easier to look past its faults but Prometeus was I think exellent in some regards(the look, the soundtrack, several performances) that made its weaknesses in terms of a hokey illogical script *cough*Abrams buddy*cough* stand out a lot more.

Last edited:
Ok, the right way now....

I really like....

The Substitute 2 with Treat Williams
Kickboxer 2 with Cody from Step by Step
Rocky 5
The Treat Williams Substitute sequels aren’t bad. I watched all of them. They aren’t as good as the original. But they aren’t bad either.

Waterworld. It's a good film, but people trash it for some good reasons. But I think the downsides of the films are outweighed by the good parts of the film.

Yeah, I never got the hate. It's an enjoyable movie with a neat concept that is pretty well realized all in all. It just ever shook it's "box-office disaster" moniker. Even to this day I hear people refer to Kevin Costner as "Kevin Cost Too Much", and it's all because of that movie.

My problem and I believe many others as well, was the bait-n-switch it did with the trailers and the actual movie to mislead the fans into thinking this is some sort of "Honey I shrunk my kids" style comedy. We sort of got that in the first half, but the second half is all about climate and nature protection. If it was marketed as such, maybe it wouldn't have gotten the backlash it did. Or if it was interesting enough that we'd welcome our expectation being subverted.

Wait. I just want to understand you correctly. The reason why people gave it a poor rating is because they thought it was pushing an ulterior agenda?

How High is still hilarious to this day, flame on I don't care

Went to the theater to see this. Typical stoner movie with some funny moments. Then they dug up an ancestor of mine, ground his bones and smoked it to become smarter. Immediately turned on the movie.

Method Man and Redman as artist were also dead to me after that day.

Back