Movies Movie News and Notes

Official Trailer for Ridley Scott's HOUSE OF GUCCI Starring Lady Gaga and Adam Driver

House of Gucci is inspired by the shocking true story of the family empire behind the Italian fashion house of Gucci. Spanning three decades of love, betrayal, decadence, revenge, and ultimately murder, we see what a name means, what it's worth, and how far a family will go for control. The film stars Lady Gaga, Adam Driver, Jared Leto, Jeremy Irons, Jack Huston, with Salma Hayek and Al Pacino. House of Gucci, directed by Ridley Scott, arrives in theaters on November 24, 2021.

looks like a good movie.

Teaser Trailer for Roland Emmerich's MOONFALL Starring Halle Berry and Patrick Wilson

In Moonfall, a mysterious force knocks the Moon from its orbit around Earth and sends it hurtling on a collision course with life as we know it. With mere weeks before impact and the world on the brink of annihilation, NASA executive and former astronaut Jo Fowler (Academy Award® winner Halle Berry) is convinced she has the key to saving us all – but only one astronaut from her past, Brian Harper (Patrick Wilson, “Midway”) and a conspiracy theorist K.C. Houseman (John Bradley, “Game of Thrones”) believes her. These unlikely heroes will mount an impossible last-ditch mission into space, leaving behind everyone they love, only to find out that our Moon is not what we think it is. Directed by Roland Emmerich. In theaters February 4, 2022

FC6N78ZVgAE0P6q

Official Trailer for Sony's MORBIUS Starring Jared Leto as the Living Vampire

One of Marvel’s most compelling and conflicted characters comes to the big screen as Oscar® winner Jared Leto transforms into the enigmatic antihero Michael Morbius. Dangerously ill with a rare blood disorder and determined to save others suffering his same fate, Dr. Morbius attempts a desperate gamble. While at first it seems to be a radical success, a darkness inside him is unleashed. Will good override evil – or will Morbius succumb to his mysterious new urges? In theaters January 28, 2022.

Matt Damon and Robert Downey Jr. Join Cillian Murphy and Emily Blunt in Christopher Nolan's OPPENHEIMER

Christopher-Nolan-working-on-the-set-of-Dunkirk.jpg

Matt Damon and Robert Downey Jr. have joined Cillian Murphy in Oppenheimer, Christopher Nolan's biopic of J. Robert Oppenheimer, one of the fathers of the atomic bomb. Emily Blunt is already on board the Universal project, and with Damon and Downey now flying in, Oppenheimer has become one of the most stacked feature projects in recent memory.

Universal is calling the movie an “epic thriller that thrusts audiences into the pulse-pounding paradox of the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.”

Murphy is portraying the theoretical physicist who helped develop the atomic bomb during World War II. According to sources, Blunt is playing his wife, Katherine “Kitty” Oppenheimer, while Damon will play Lt. Gen. Leslie Groves, the director of the Manhattan Project, the U.S. research initiative that developed the first atomic bomb.

Downey will play Lewis Strauss, the infamous chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission who initiated hearings that questioned Oppenheimer’s loyalty to the United States and famously had the scientist’s security clearance revoked.

Nolan wrote the script and is directing, while his creative partner and wife, Emma Thomas, is producing with Charles Roven of Atlas Entertainment. The project is based on American Prometheus: The Triumph and Tragedy of J. Robert Oppenheimer by Kai Bird and the late Martin J. Sherwin. Published in 2005, the book won the Pulitzer Prize.

The project has set a July 21, 2023, release date.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...-jr-christopher-nolan-oppenheimer-1235040518/

lol moonfall looks so stupid and corny.
ill deff watch for the laugh

Gal Gadot to Play the Evil Queen in Disney's Live-Action SNOW WHITE

gal-gadot.jpg

Gal Gadot is stepping up to the mirror. The actress, whose Red Notice debuts Nov. 5, is in final negotiations to star as the Evil Queen in Disney’s live-action take on its 1938 animated classic, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.

The Evil Queen is the one who steps to her Magic Mirror and famously asks, “Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is fairest of them all?” And every day, the Mirror responds to the Queen that it is she. When the day comes that it doesn’t, the Queen goes into a murderous tailspin that will involve a Huntsman, seven dwarves, a poisoned apple, and plenty of singing.

Marc Webb is directing the project that has Rachel Zegler set to play the future Disney princess.

The new feature will have songs as well, with Benj Pasek and Justin Paul, the Oscar- and Tony-winning duo behind La La Land, The Greatest Showman and Dear Evan Hansen, writing new songs for the project.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...en-disneys-live-action-snow-white-1235042028/

I don't think the queen's motivation of killing Snow White because she's more beautiful than her is no longer believable anymore. Rachel Zegler is playing Snow White and as you can see below, she's like a 6 or 7 compared to Gal Gadot's 10.

sub-buzz-413-1631717272-7.jpg

Taika Waititi to Direct and Co-Write Film Adaptation of Alejandro Jodorowsky's Seminal Graphic Novel THE INCAL

A2HHgyd.jpg

After making his mark on the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Taika Waititi is diving into a new comic book world.

The filmmaker is attached to direct and co-write a feature adaptation of The Incal, the seminal 1970s comic book creation from Alejandro Jodorowsky and the late artist Moebius. Waititi is teaming with his What We Do in the Shadows and Flight of the Conchords collaborator Jemaine Clement, as well as Peter Warren, to pen the script.

The Incal centers on intergalactic private eye John Difool, who gets caught up in a grand space opera after happening on a mystical artifact called the Incal. Along with a ragtag crew, Difool must go on a journey to save the universe. Echoes of the influential comic can be seen in films such as Blade Runner (1982), The Fifth Element (1997) and The Matrix (1999).

No studio or streaming service is yet attached to the project and the Incal movie marks the first time publisher Humanoids has delved into the world of film. Humanoids executives, who note the publisher has rebuffed inquiries from Hollywood over the years, say they prefer to have Waititi develop the script before deciding on distribution. A first draft of the script is expected by the end of the year.

In comics, The Incal launched the Jodoverse, which includes titles such as The Metabarons and Megalex. Waititi could conceivably have a hand guiding the Jodoverse in both film and television.

Adapting The Incal is an ambitious task and is something of a full-circle moment for the title, as the comic can count another ambitious sci-fi adaptation as part of its origin story. Jodorowsky dreamed up elements of The Incal when he attempted to direct an adaptation of Frank Herbert’s Dune.

Before signing on to The Incal, Waititi got the blessing of Jodorowsky, 92, during an emotional Zoom session in which the two men had a meeting of minds over the property.

“The films and graphic novels of Alejandro Jodorowsky have influenced me and so many others for so long. I was stunned to be given the opportunity to bring his iconic characters to life and I am grateful to Alejandro, Fabrice and everyone at Humanoids for trusting me to do so,” said Waititi in a statement.

Added Jodorowsky in his own statement: “When Humanoids’ CEO Fabrice Giger introduced me to Taika Waititi’s work, it became obvious to me that he was the one. I fully trust Taika’s creativity to give The Incal a stunning take, intimate and at the same time of cosmic proportions.”

Humanoids will produce along with David Jourdan’s Primer Entertainment, which acquired a stake in the publisher in 2019.

Waititi is one of Hollywood’s most in-demand directors. He has wrapped filming on Marvel Studios’ Thor: Love and Thunder (due out July 8, 2022) and is also developing a Star Wars feature. An original screenplay Oscar winner for Jojo Rabbit, he has the Searchlight soccer drama Next Goal Wins in the can.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/incal-movietaika-waititi-to-direct-1235041908/

Teaser Trailer for Roland Emmerich's MOONFALL Starring Halle Berry and Patrick Wilson

In Moonfall, a mysterious force knocks the Moon from its orbit around Earth and sends it hurtling on a collision course with life as we know it. With mere weeks before impact and the world on the brink of annihilation, NASA executive and former astronaut Jo Fowler (Academy Award® winner Halle Berry) is convinced she has the key to saving us all – but only one astronaut from her past, Brian Harper (Patrick Wilson, “Midway”) and a conspiracy theorist K.C. Houseman (John Bradley, “Game of Thrones”) believes her. These unlikely heroes will mount an impossible last-ditch mission into space, leaving behind everyone they love, only to find out that our Moon is not what we think it is. Directed by Roland Emmerich. In theaters February 4, 2022

FC6N78ZVgAE0P6q

LOL I love how Emmerich's disaster movie premises have somehow managed to get even more preposterous in every decade.

I'll probably watch though because his movies are usually good for a few laughs.

Vin Diesel Asks Dwayne Johnson to Return as Hobbs in the Final Fast & Furious Installments

940x0_1522966197.jpg

Vin Diesel on Sunday asked Dwayne Johnson to make peace and return to the Fast and Furious franchise.

The two superstars had an epic falling out in 2016 when they clashed for the last time on the set of The Fate of the Furious. The two mega action stars made their first onscreen appearance together in 2011’s Fast Five. They have been exchanging barbs in the media ever since Johnson made an Instagram post in 2016 referring to Diesel and in which he questioned his professionalism.

However, it seems Diesel is ready to put the drama behind them.

“My little brother Dwayne… the time has come,” Diesel began on an Instagram post. “The world awaits the finale of Fast 10. As you know, my children refer to you as Uncle Dwayne in my house. There is not a holiday that goes by that they and you don’t send well wishes… but the time has come. Legacy awaits.”

Continued Diesel, “I told you years ago that I was going to fulfill my promise to [Paul Walker]. I swore that we would reach and manifest the best Fast in the finale that is 10! I say this out of love… but you must show up, do not leave the franchise idle you have a very important role to play. Hobbs can’t be played by no other. I hope that you rise to the occasion and fulfill your destiny.”

Johnson could not be immediately reached for comment.

The most recent exchange in their long-running beef happened when Diesel in June said during a Men’s Health interview that his interactions with Johnson were from a place of “tough love.”

“It was a tough character to embody, the Hobbs character,” Diesel said. “My approach at the time was a lot of tough love to assist in getting that performance where it needed to be. As a producer to say, Okay, we’re going to take Dwayne Johnson, who’s associated with wrestling, and we’re going to force this cinematic world, audience members, to regard his character as someone that they don’t know — Hobbs hits you like a ton of bricks. That’s something that I’m proud of, that aesthetic. That took a lot of work. We had to get there and sometimes, at that time, I could give a lot of tough love. Not Felliniesque, but I would do anything I’d have to do in order to get performances in anything I’m producing.”

Johnson, of course, responded.

“I laughed and I laughed hard,” he told The Hollywood Reporter. “I think everyone had a laugh at that. And I’ll leave it at that. And that I’ve wished them well. I wish them well on Fast 9. And I wish them the best of luck on Fast 10 and Fast 11 and the rest of the Fast & Furious movies they do that will be without me.”

Following their falling out, Johnson has gone on to star in the spinoff The Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw, opposite Jason Statham. That film went on to gross $759 million globally in 2019. Diesel’s latest Fast installment, Fast 9, was released earlier this year and grossed $721 million globally, making it the top-grossing Hollywood film of the pandemic.

Diesel is attached for Fast 10 and Fast 11, from filmmaker Justin Lin. Fast 10 is set for an April 7, 2023 release date from Universal. Lin has described Fast 9, 10 and 11 as being chapters in a trilogy that will close out the main Fast franchise, which dates back to 2001 and made Diesel a global star.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...n-diesel-dwayne-johnson-franchise-1235043921/

Reactions: Gio
Vin Diesel Asks Dwayne Johnson to Return as Hobbs in the Final Fast & Furious Installments

940x0_1522966197.jpg

Vin Diesel on Sunday asked Dwayne Johnson to make peace and return to the Fast and Furious franchise.

The two superstars had an epic falling out in 2016 when they clashed for the last time on the set of The Fate of the Furious. The two mega action stars made their first onscreen appearance together in 2011’s Fast Five. They have been exchanging barbs in the media ever since Johnson made an Instagram post in 2016 referring to Diesel and in which he questioned his professionalism.

However, it seems Diesel is ready to put the drama behind them.

“My little brother Dwayne… the time has come,” Diesel began on an Instagram post. “The world awaits the finale of Fast 10. As you know, my children refer to you as Uncle Dwayne in my house. There is not a holiday that goes by that they and you don’t send well wishes… but the time has come. Legacy awaits.”

Continued Diesel, “I told you years ago that I was going to fulfill my promise to [Paul Walker]. I swore that we would reach and manifest the best Fast in the finale that is 10! I say this out of love… but you must show up, do not leave the franchise idle you have a very important role to play. Hobbs can’t be played by no other. I hope that you rise to the occasion and fulfill your destiny.”

Johnson could not be immediately reached for comment.

The most recent exchange in their long-running beef happened when Diesel in June said during a Men’s Health interview that his interactions with Johnson were from a place of “tough love.”

“It was a tough character to embody, the Hobbs character,” Diesel said. “My approach at the time was a lot of tough love to assist in getting that performance where it needed to be. As a producer to say, Okay, we’re going to take Dwayne Johnson, who’s associated with wrestling, and we’re going to force this cinematic world, audience members, to regard his character as someone that they don’t know — Hobbs hits you like a ton of bricks. That’s something that I’m proud of, that aesthetic. That took a lot of work. We had to get there and sometimes, at that time, I could give a lot of tough love. Not Felliniesque, but I would do anything I’d have to do in order to get performances in anything I’m producing.”

Johnson, of course, responded.

“I laughed and I laughed hard,” he told The Hollywood Reporter. “I think everyone had a laugh at that. And I’ll leave it at that. And that I’ve wished them well. I wish them well on Fast 9. And I wish them the best of luck on Fast 10 and Fast 11 and the rest of the Fast & Furious movies they do that will be without me.”

Following their falling out, Johnson has gone on to star in the spinoff The Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw, opposite Jason Statham. That film went on to gross $759 million globally in 2019. Diesel’s latest Fast installment, Fast 9, was released earlier this year and grossed $721 million globally, making it the top-grossing Hollywood film of the pandemic.

Diesel is attached for Fast 10 and Fast 11, from filmmaker Justin Lin. Fast 10 is set for an April 7, 2023 release date from Universal. Lin has described Fast 9, 10 and 11 as being chapters in a trilogy that will close out the main Fast franchise, which dates back to 2001 and made Diesel a global star.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...n-diesel-dwayne-johnson-franchise-1235043921/
Hah, needs the Rock's star power again.

Mel Gibson to Direct LETHAL WEAPON 5 for Warner Bros.

mel-gibson-star-direct-lethal-weapon-5.jpg

Mel Gibson is stepping behind the camera once again, this time to direct the latest — and likely final — installment of the Warner Bros. action franchise Lethal Weapon.

The project was put in limbo when director Richard Donner, who’d helmed all the Weapon movies since their inception in 1987, died in July. Donner, at 91, was working on mounting the fifth installment, which has been in development on and off for years, with screenwriters coming and going. Richard Wenk, who wrote the Denzel Washington-starring Equalizer thrillers, wrote the latest draft.

This changing of the guard had been in the works for months and was blessed, if not instigated, by Lauren Shuler Donner, the wife of Richard Donner.

Gibson proclaimed his taking over while speaking at an Experience With … event in London Sunday.

According to London’s The Sun, which covered the event, Gibson said Donner “was developing the screenplay and he got pretty far along with it. And he said to me one day, ‘Listen, Kid, if I kick the bucket, you will do it.’ And I said, ‘Shut up.’

“He did indeed pass away. But he did ask me to do it and, at the time, I didn’t say anything. He said it to his wife and to the studio and the producer. So, I will be directing the fifth one.”

Lethal Weapon was one of the first studio movies to establish Gibson as a Hollywood star in North America after he had toplined several crossover hits from his native Australia, the Mad Max movies and drama The Year of Living Dangerously among them.

It also launched the career of screenwriter Shane Black, whose spec script fused dark and comedic elements in a buddy cop format to tell the tale of two detectives — one a by-the-book family man, the other a temperamental former soldier who’s become suicidal after losing his wife — who work to bring down a massive drug trafficking ring in Los Angeles.

The moves were 1980s action staples and a high water mark many others have tried to reach since in terms of action, chemistry and repartee. Warners even tried to mount reboots that starred younger actors and it was even adapted into a TV series.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/mel-gibson-lethal-weapon-5-direct-1235048056/

Back