1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Movies Movie News and Notes

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Dragonlordxxxxx, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

Why do I have the feeling I'm going to cry watching this?

2. jefferz Steel Belt

Nintendo released the names of the upcoming Mario movie at their Nintendo Direct thingy today.
    Chris Pratt as Mario
    Anya Taylor-Joy as Peach
    Charlie Day as Luigi
    Jack Black as Bowser
    Keegan-Michael Key as Toad
    Seth Rogen as Donkey Kong
    Fred Armisen as Cranky Kong
    Kevin Michael Richardson as Kamek
    Sebastian Maniscalco as Spike
    Surprise cameos from Charles Martinet

CrippleWerk and Dragonlordxxxxx like this.
  3. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

Official Trailer for Zack Snyder's Army of the Dead Prequel ARMY OF THIEVES

In this prequel to Zack Snyder's Army of the Dead, small-town bank teller Dieter gets drawn into the adventure of a lifetime when a mysterious woman recruits him to join a crew of Interpol’s most wanted criminals, attempting to heist a sequence of legendary, impossible-to-crack safes across Europe. Watch Army of Thieves on Netflix globally October 29

4. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

5. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

Official Trailer for Western Drama THE HARDER THEY FALL Starring Idris Elba, Jonathan Majors

[​IMG]

Sycho Sid likes this.
  6. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

Official Trailer for Paul Thomas Anderson's LICORICE PIZZA

Jackonfire likes this.
  7. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

Official Trailer for Disney's Latest Animated Film ENCANTO; In Theaters November 26th

Walt Disney Animation Studios' upcoming feature film “Encanto” tells the tale of the Madrigals, an extraordinary family who live in a wondrous, charmed place called an Encanto. Each child has been blessed with a magic gift unique to them—each child except Mirabel. But when the family’s home is threatened, Mirabel may be their only hope.

8. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

Disney and Scarlett Johansson Settle Black Widow Lawsuit; Actress Will Reportedly Receive More Than $40 Million

[​IMG]

Just days after the first court hearing in Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow profits mega-bite lawsuit on Disney was pushed back to March 2022, the Oscar nominee and the House of Mouse have made peace — and it was pricey for the latter.

“I am happy to have resolved our differences with Disney,” said Johansson in a statement released Thursday. “I’m incredibly proud of the work we’ve done together over the years and have greatly enjoyed my creative relationship with the team. I look forward to continuing our collaboration in years to come.”

Unlike in their vitriolic filings and their shaming PR statements over the past few, Marvel-owner Disney had nothing but love today for the actor who brought Natasha Romanoff to life for them in nearly 10 separate films.

I’m very pleased that we have been able to come to a mutual agreement with Scarlett Johansson regarding Black Widow, said Alan Bergman, Chairman, Disney Studios Content.We appreciate her contributions to the Marvel Cinematic Universe and look forward to working together on a number of upcoming projects, including Disney’s Tower of Terror.”

As is almost always the case in cases like this, neither side gave any indication of how much money was involved in the settlement. However, when all is said and done, the deal will run to more than $40 million, sources tell me. Accordingly, the funds will not be paid by Disney in a single lump sum.

https://deadline.com/2021/09/disney-black-widow-lawsuit-scarlett-johansson-rsettlement-1234847437/

Zebra Cheeks likes this.
  9. CrippleWerk Orange Belt

Jack Black is about the worst fucking possible choice I can think of for Bowser. Seth Rogan as Donkey Kong is stupid too. That's disappointing.

ThinkGreen likes this.
  10. PEB Great turntable of space and time dude

11. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

First Trailer for RESIDENT EVIL: WELCOME TO RACCOON CITY: In Theaters Nov. 24

Returning to the origins of the massively popular RESIDENT EVIL franchise, fan and filmmaker Johannes Roberts brings the games to life for a whole new generation of fans. In RESIDENT EVIL: WELCOME TO RACCOON CITY, once the booming home of pharmaceutical giant Umbrella Corporation, Raccoon City is now a dying Midwestern town. The company’s exodus left the city a wasteland…with great evil brewing below the surface. When that evil is unleashed, a group of survivors must work together to uncover the truth behind Umbrella and make it through the night.

[​IMG]

12. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

Jake Gyllenhaal to Star in Rob Liefeld's PROPHET Live-Action Movie with Extraction Director Sam Hargrave on Board

[​IMG]

Jake Gyllenhaal and Extraction filmmaker Sam Hargrave are teaming up for Studio 8’s Prophet, a period comic book adaptation.

Gyllenhaal will star as John Prophet, a man conscripted by Germans near the end of World War II and subjected to scientific experiments that gave him superhuman strength. Hargrave will direct the film, which is based on Rob Liefeld’s comic books. Marc Guggenheim, the scribe known for his work on The CW’s Arrowverse TV shows, is penning the script.

In the film, John Prophet volunteers for a German experiment near the end of World War II in order to feed his family. After a bombing buries him alive and traps him underground for 20 years, he reawakens in 1965, where things are not great for Prophet. The world has moved on without him, his daughter resents him, and KGB agents are after him to create super-soldiers from his blood.

Gyllenhaal has experience in the comic book space, having played the villain Mysterio in 2019’s Spider-Man: Far From Home. He recently unveiled the Netflix thriller The Guilty, and is an Oscar-nominated actor for 2005’s Brokeback Mountain.

Hargrave came up in the world of stunts, working on Marvel Studio’s films from Captain America: The Winter Soldier to Avengers: Endgame. He jumped to directing last year with Chris Hemsworth’s inventive action film Extraction, which was a major hit for Netflix and instantly made Hargrave an in-demand filmmaker. The streaming service quickly greenlit a sequel, which Hargrave is directing.

Liefeld introduced Prophet in the pages of the Image Comics series Youngblood before the character headlined his own title in 1993. He could be described as the anti-Captain America — a DNA-enhanced super-soldier from the World War II era who awakens in our time after being put in cryogenic freeze for a future mission. Unfortunately, he was not supposed to wake until years down the road, making Prophet a fish out of water, spending his time in search of a mission that does not exist.

Studio 8, which Robinov launched in 2014, is currently in production on Hypnotic, starring Ben Affleck and directed by Robert Rodriguez. The studio is also developing Nosferatu, financed by Focus and New Regency, as well as the Sony comedy Adulting. In the comic book space, Studio 8 is adapting Black, from publisher Black Mask Studios and acquired by Warner Bros.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...t-movie-jake-gyllenhaal-sam-hargrave-4116474/

13. LHWBelt Gold Belt

Looks worth a shot. Some reason I thought they were making a show not a movie but whatever I'll probably try this.

14. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

2nd Trailer for Action Spy Thriller THE 355 Starring Jessica Chastain and Penelope Cruz

15. dracul Purple Belt

watched the guilty... pretty poor tbh ... i give it a 4 and im big fan of JG

rewatched the happening... lol still a pile of poop. both lead actors/ were so bad
    overall the movie i still rate as a 4

wrong thread
    my bad this is news & notes

16. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

First Look at Timothy Chalamet as Willy Wonka for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Prequel WONKA

[​IMG]

17. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

Will Poulter to Play Adam Warlock in James Gunn's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3

[​IMG]

After teasing his appearance at the end of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Adam Warlock looks ready to join the Marvel Cinematic Universe in the next installment of the hit franchise. Sources tell Deadline that Will Poulter has landed the role of Warlock in Marvel’s anticipated sequel. James Gunn is returning to direct, with Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige producing.

Like with any Marvel film, details behind the plot are being kept under lock and key. Production is expected to start in November.

The character was first teased in a post-credit scene of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, when Ayesha, played by Elizabeth Debicki, unveils to her chambermaid the perfect Sovereign she has created to help destroy the Guardians once and for all. Ever since that scene, fans have waited patiently to see who would ultimately play that character, with their wishes now granted.

Sources say Gunn and execs began their lengthy search for the person would be playing Warlock at the end of August, with Poulter meeting along with several other actors for the coveted part. As it is common with any major Marvel property, execs and Gunn took their time with the role given how excited fans were when it was first teased. In the end, Poulter’s test was too good to pass up.

Best known for roles in The Revenant and Detroit, Poulter has been busy on the TV front, most recently appearing in the acclaimed Amazon miniseries The Underground Railroad. He next can be seen in Hulu’s limited series Dopesick.

https://deadline.com/2021/10/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-3-will-poulter-1234853679/

18. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

19. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

20. Phokuz Brown Belt

Yo this is offtopic af but I just logged into my Sherdog account for the first time in like 6-7 years. The reason I'm posting this here is because the first thing I remember from back then is I used to always check this thread out first thing. It's so cool to see Dragonlord still at it.

Thundarr likes this.