Movies Movie News and Notes

I haven't heard anything

Bummer it was one of the only movies I was looking forward to.

It was either a poor joke, or it just went over your head.

Serious answer; the trailers and posters and ad campaigns are clearly visible, and Mr and Mrs John Krasinski have been appearing on talk shows promoting the film, so I assume it's out about now, in spite of Corona.

I haven't heard anything

It was either a poor joke, or it just went over your head.

Serious answer; the trailers and posters and ad campaigns are clearly visible, and Mr and Mrs John Krasinski have been appearing on talk shows promoting the film, so I assume it's out about now, in spite of Corona.
lol, guilty - it was late and i was raging because of fools in the grappling forum thinking that it is okay to still train while people are getting sick and dying.

Went over my head

now let's never speak of it again.

lol, guilty - it was late and i was raging because of fools in the grappling forum thinking that it is okay to still train while people are getting sick and dying.

Went over my head

now let's never speak of it again.

Just between you and me bro.

Awesome to hear.

Playing it will make this stressful time fly by.

I've started it. I can tell it's going to be good but I always ease my way into RPGs. I've pretty much only done the tutorial but randomly I'm sure I'll play 5 hours straight, I just have to get into it.

I'm hoping The Green Knight still comes out next month for rent or something. I've really been looking forward to it.

I miss going to the cinema even if it was see a rubbish movie.

I didn't want to create my own thread but needed to get this off my chest. I was kinda looking forward to finally watching this last Star Wars film, but then in the opening scene there's Kylo's stupid fucking claymore lightsabre. The crossguard on that is so goddamn dumb. I feel like a star wars abuse survivor and just seeing it brings back the trauma of Jar Jar Binks, annoying child Anakin and all the other things I've forgotten.

I didn't want to create my own thread but needed to get this off my chest. I was kinda looking forward to finally watching this last Star Wars film, but then in the opening scene there's Kylo's stupid fucking claymore lightsabre. The crossguard on that is so goddamn dumb. I feel like a star wars abuse survivor and just seeing it brings back the trauma of Jar Jar Binks, annoying child Anakin and all the other things I've forgotten.

Time to quit watching star wars I reckon. Even the Mandolorian which got crazy praise was pretty mediocre. There's better stuff out there to watch.

Time to quit watching star wars I reckon. Even the Mandolorian which got crazy praise was pretty mediocre. There's better stuff out there to watch.
Disney has completely fucked Star Wars up. I had high hopes after they did such a good job with Marvel, but Star Wars is trash.

Disney has completely fucked Star Wars up. I had high hopes after they did such a good job with Marvel, but Star Wars is trash.
I haven't seen anything but VII,VIII, part of IX and Rogue One, but other than lightsabre design its been better than the prequels. Not a high bar, I know. But still.

I haven't seen anything but VII,VIII, part of IX and Rogue One, but other than lightsabre design its been better than the prequels. Not a high bar, I know. But still.

I liked rogue one I'll say that

I can't agree. The prequels were flawed, but least they had original stories (and a much better cast). The only Disney Star Wars film I have enjoyed is Rogue One. Everything else is trash to me.

Last edited:
I can't agree. The prequels were flawed, but least they had original stories (and a much better cast). The only Disney Star Wars films I have enjoyed is Rogue One. Everything else is trash to me.

Did you see Solo? I thought that was a quite entertaining little film with no delusions beyond the smaller-scale adventure yarn it was telling.

Did you see Solo? I thought that was a quite entertaining little film with no delusions beyond the smaller-scale adventure yarn it was telling.
I didn't. I didn't think the actors lived up to the characters (based on what I saw myself and heard from others). Harrison Ford and Billy Dee Williams created those characters. No one else could really do them justice.

Last edited:
I didn't. I didn't think the actors lived up to the characters (based on what I saw and heard from others). Harrison Ford and Billy Dee Williams created those characters. No one else could really do them justice.

Completely get it. But I found it to be a good one as far as the Disney Star Wars movies are concerned. Once I got past the fact that Ehrenreich does not look like Ford and is probably five inches shorter than him, I was fine with that aspect. He channeled the spirit of the character well.

I'm planning to watch Extraction (with Thor) tonight. It has a decent rating on IMDB but i'm not putting too much faith into them these days.

Anyway im in the mood for a brainless ultra violent action packed movie so I,m hoping that it deliver on that front

I'm planning to watch Extraction (with Thor) tonight. It has a decent rating on IMDB but i'm not putting too much faith into them these days.

Anyway im in the mood for a brainless ultra violent action packed movie so I,m hoping that it deliver on that front

My wife is trying to get me to watch that too (I'm sure cuz Thor is hot) but I'm hesitant. Netflix has a shit track record at movies. They do a great job with shows but I'd rather watch a different movie than something Netflix. Even The Irishman was supposed to be really good and I thought it was pretty bad. Seeing old ass crippled Robert Deniro try and beat up a store owner ruined it for me along with the fact that it felt every bit of the 3.5 hours.

My wife is trying to get me to watch that too (I'm sure cuz Thor is hot) but I'm hesitant. Netflix has a shit track record at movies. They do a great job with shows but I'd rather watch a different movie than something Netflix. Even The Irishman was supposed to be really good and I thought it was pretty bad. Seeing old ass crippled Robert Deniro try and beat up a store owner ruined it for me along with the fact that it felt every bit of the 3.5 hours.

Honestly it's OK. Not oscar worthy or anything but the action and camera work is pretty good. Some of the stuff is far fetched but heh it's a movie so. I'd give it a 7/10

They’ve done some real good ones. Marriage Story and Two Popes were really solid this year. I really liked The Irishman too but can see why many didn’t.

That said, there seems to be a wide gap between their prestige pics and the standard action or comedy movies they make.

This one gives me a Triple Frontier vibe based on the trailer. Don’t know if you saw that one but it was like a B-movie with A-level production values and A-level cast.

Essentially, it was nothing special. Not bad but mediocre.

One buddy of mine really disliked Extraction which kind of surprised me since he’s a big action genre guy. I still want to see it because of the Russos/Hemsworth aspect.

Back