Movies Movie News and Notes

Dunno where to post dis (SOUND ON):

First Teaser Trailer for Jared Leto's MORBIUS Reveals Surprise MCU Character Appearance

One of Marvel’s most compelling and conflicted characters comes to the big screen as Oscar® winner Jared Leto transforms into the enigmatic antihero, Michael Morbius. Dangerously ill with a rare blood disorder, and determined to save others suffering his same fate, Dr. Morbius attempts a desperate gamble. What at first appears to be a radical success soon reveals itself to be a remedy potentially worse than the disease.

I am waiting for Cameron to do an Avatar/Terminator crossover, so that he can disparage both franchises simultaneously. I doubt I will ever see another James Cameron film again.

I'll go back and watch Aliens or the Terminator again other than that I'm with you

Tons of New Footage from Brand-New Special Look at Marvel's BLACK WIDOW

Full List of 92nd Academy Awards Nominations

Best Picture

Ford v. Ferrari
The Irishman
Jojo Rabbit
Joker
Little Women
Marriage Story
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
Parasite

Best Director
Martin Scorsese, The Irishman
Todd Phillips, Joker
Sam Mendes, 1917
Quentin Tarantino, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
Bong Joon-ho, Parasite

Best Actor
Antonio Banderas, Pain and Glory
Leonardo DiCaprio, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
Adam Driver, Marriage Story
Joaquin Phoenix, Joker
Jonathan Pryce, The Two Popes

Best Actress
Cynthia Erivo, Harriet
Scarlett Johansson, Marriage Story
Saorise Ronan, Little Women
Charlize Theron, Bombshell
Renee Zellweger, Judy

Best Supporting Actor
Tom Hanks, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
Anthony Hopkins, The Two Popes
Al Pacino, The Irishman
Joe Pesci, The Irishman
Brad Pitt, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Best Supporting Actress
Kathy Bates, Richard Jewell
Laura Dern, Marriage Story
Scarlett Johansson, Jojo Rabbit
Florence Pugh, Little Women
Margot Robbie, Bombshell

Best Original Screenplay
Knives Out, Rian Johnson
Marriage Story, Noah Baumbach
1917, Sam Mendes and Krysty Wilson-Cairns
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Quentin Tarantino
Parasite, Bong Joon-ho and Han Jin-won

Best Adapted Screenplay
The Irishman, Steven Zaillian
Jojo Rabbit, Taika Waititi
Joker, Todd Phillips and Scott Silver
Little Women, Greta Gerwig
The Two Popes, Anthony McCarten

Best Animated Feature Film
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
I Lost My Body
Klaus
Missing Link
Toy Story 4

Best International Feature Film
Corpus Chrisi
Honeyland
Les Misérables
Pain and Glory
Parasite

Best Documentary – Feature
American Factory
The Cave
The Edge of Democracy
For Sama
Honeyland

Best Documentary – Short Subject
In the Absence
Learning to Skateboard in a War Zone (If You’re a Girl)
Life Overtakes Me
St. Louis Superman
Walk Run Cha-Cha

Best Live Action Short Film
Brotherhood
Nefta Football Club
The Neighbor’s Window
Saria
A Sister

Best Animated Short Film
Daughter
Hair Love
Kitbull
Memorable
Sister

Best Original Score
Joker
Little Women
Marriage Story
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Best Original Song
“I Can’t Let You Throw Yourself Away” — Toy Story 4
“I’m Gonna Love Me Again” — Rocketman
“I’m Standing With You” — Breakthrough
“Into the Unknown” — Frozen II
“Stand Up” — Harriet

Best Sound Editing
Ford v Ferrari
Joker

Best Sound Mixing
Ad Astra
Ford v. Ferrari
Joker

Best Production Design
The Irishman
Jojo Rabbit
Parasite

Best Cinematography
The Irishman
Joker
The Lighthouse

Best Makeup and Hairstyling
Bombshell
Joker
Judy
Maleficent: Mistress of Evil

Best Costume Design
The Irishman
Jojo Rabbit
Joker
Little Women

Best Film Editing
Ford v. Ferrari
The Irishman
Jojo Rabbit
Joker
Parasite

Best Visual Effects
Avengers: Endgame
The Irishman
The Lion King

First Trailer for Sci-Fi Action Comedy GUNS AKIMBO Starring Daniel Radcliffe, Samara Weaving

BAD BOYS 4 in the Works at Sony with Chris Bremner Penning the Script

yQ2KVJe.jpg

When Sony says Bad Boys for Life, the studio means for life. Just as Sony readies for the Friday release of the third installment of the action franchise starring Will Smith and Martin Lawrence, it is making moves to develop a fourth entry, thus extending even further the sporadic buddy cop movie series that began in 1995.

Chris Bremner, who worked on Bad Boys for Life, has been tapped to pen the script, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Smith and Lawrence are, of course, expected to return and the plan is not to have the same time lag between Bad Boys II and Bad Boys for Life. The time lag was due to several factors, such as spiraling budgetary costs, but also about finding the right story.

The sequel had several fits and stops in recent years, with different writers and directors coming and going. The movie’s final writing credits include Joe Carnahan and Peter Craig receiving "story by" credit and sharing "screenplay by" credit with Bremner.

The movie has been garnering quite positive reviews and, despite the lines of “One last time” in the trailer, leaves plenty of room for a sequel by the end.

Bremner's schedule is heating up as he is also writing National Treasure 3 for Disney, among other projects. That project is being produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, who is also the producer behind Bad Boys for Life. He is repped by Kaplan/Perrone Entertainment.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/bad-boys-4-works-1269915

Massive leak from Black Widow that could change everything in the MCU and who becomes the major antagonist in the future. It looks like MCU should not have ended her life in End Game but in Black Widow based on the plot leak. They do say Red Guardian is a total ...
Waste of time and that General Ross will become Red Hulk or set up the future for Red Hulk via Black Widow film and future.

CAPTAIN MARVEL Sequel Officially in the Works with WandaVision Megan McDonnell Scribe

HLjeQCt.jpg

A sequel to Marvel's billion-dollar-grossing Captain Marvel is officially in the works. The company has tapped rising scribe Megan McDonnell, a staff writer on the Marvel-based series WandaVision, to pen a script for a follow-up to the 2019 pic that starred Brie Larson and Samuel L. Jackson. McDonnell is in final negotiations to seal her deal.

Sources say that Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck, who co-wrote and directed the initial film hit, will not return to helm the sequel but are in talks to remain in the Marvel Universe and direct a possible Disney+ series. Marvel is hoping to find a female filmmaker for Captain Marvel 2 and is eyeing a potential 2022 release.

Details of any high-flying take were not revealed, but the new story will move the setting from the 1990s of the original movie to the present day. Marvel had no comment.

Captain Marvel had several writers on it, including Nicole Perlman, Meg LeFauve and Geneva Robertson-Dworet as well as Boden and Fleck.

Larson played Carol Danvers, a human who becomes involved in the war between two alien races, the Kree and shape-shifting Skrulls. Surviving an explosion tied to an alien engine imbued her with incredible power, making her one of the most powerful heroes in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, something she proved during her subsequent appearance in 2019’s Avengers: Endgame.

Marvel has been mostly mum on Captain Marvel 2. The Disney division’s head Kevin Feige did tease it at San Diego Comic-Con in July during the company’s Hall H panel, when at the very end of the session he blurted out, "We didn't even mention that we're making Black Panther 2 and we didn't mention that Guardians of the Galaxy 3 is coming. We didn't even have time to talk about Captain Marvel 2, by the way. I didn't even have time to talk about The Fantastic Four. And there's no time left to talk about mutants."

Captain Marvel was Marvel’s first female-centric movie and proved to be an overperformer at the box office, generating over $1.1 billion worldwide.

McDonnell is a relatively new writer, with WandaVision her first major credit. The upcoming show is a spinoff that will air on Disney+ and brings back Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany as Avengers heroes Wanda Maximoff, aka Scarlet Witch, and the Vision, respectively. The project, currently in production, also brings back the Captain Marvel kid character of Monica Rambeau, now an adult. In comics lore, Rambeau was an iteration of Captain Marvel. McDonnell began the show as a staff writer and then was promoted to story editor.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...rvel-2-movie-works-wandavision-writer-1272259

I was hesitant to watch Joker, but with it being a crime drama without the superhero element, I decided to check it out finally. I don't like the Batman series, Bruce Wayne is my least favorite superhero. Most of the comic book movies coming out rely heavily on CGI, action and comedy. Deadpool is a good example.

Joker had me hooked from the beginning, it's probably the most unique and disturbing tale of a comic book villain. Phoenix performance was incredible, and I have to say I enjoyed his Joker much more than Ledger. Don't get me wrong, he did an amazing job. Phoenix Joker was raw, brutal, and his transformation into his madness was brilliant. This was not a blockbuster, this was an adult film into the mind of a madman. Enjoyed everything about it. Best movie of 2019.

‘The Jesus Rolls’ First Trailer: John Turturro Directs Unexpected ‘Big Lebowski’ Spin-Off

While Turturro’s character connects “The Jesus Rolls” to “The Big Lebowski,” the actor-director-writer took more guidance from Bertrand Blier’s 1974 French comedy-drama “Going Places” while scripting “The Jesus Rolls” than he did “Lebowski.” Turturro wrote the film as a remake of “Going Places” that just so happened to feature his “Big Lebowski” character in one of the three leading roles. The project was originally titled “Going Places” before “The Jesus Rolls.” The story picks up with Jesus after he is released from prison. The character and his new friends make enemies with a gun-toting hairdresser, played by Jon Hamm. The cast also includes Christopher Walken and Susan Sarandon.

Last edited:
Back