Movies Movie News and Notes

First Excellent Images from BILL AND TED FACE THE MUSIC

btftm_20190708_pp_0173.jpg

btftm_ew.jpg

btftm_ew2.jpg

More details:
https://ew.com/movies/2019/12/17/bi...gIxzubCGA_kZQmHFyk5sNs2-GxWImO60CSo-ndqiaLYh4

First Teaser Trailer for A QUIET PLACE: PART II Starring Emily Blunt

Following the deadly events at home, the Abbott family (Emily Blunt, Millicent Simmonds, Noah Jupe) must now face the terrors of the outside world as they continue their fight for survival in silence. Forced to venture into the unknown, they quickly realize that the creatures that hunt by sound are not the only threats that lurk beyond the sand path.

First Official Images from Christopher Nolan's New International Espionage Film TENET

tenant-1.jpg

“So, what can I not tell you about my movie?” That’s writer-director Christopher Nolan warming up to talk publicly for the very first time about his up-to-now supersecret new film Tenet. The movie, out July 17, stars John David Washington, Robert Pattinson, Elizabeth Debicki, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, and Kenneth Branagh, and has been officially, if somewhat unrevealingly, described as “an action epic evolving from the world of international espionage.”

“We’re jumping off from the point of view of an espionage film, but we’re going to a number of different places,” explains the director of the blockbusters Inception, Interstellar, Dunkirk, and the Christian Bale-starring Batman trilogy. “We’re crossing a few different genres in a hopefully exciting and fresh way. [Producer] Emma [Thomas] and I have put together a lot of large-scale productions, but this is certainly the biggest in terms of international reach. We shot in seven countries, all over the place, with a massive cast and huge set pieces. There’s no question, it’s the most ambitious film we’ve made.”

The director also reveals that Washington is “very much the hero” of Tenet. “He’s a massively talented actor and physically gifted,” Nolan says of the BlacKkKlansman star, who is a former professional football player. “He’s an athlete and pretty hard for anybody to keep up with, including the different vehicles we shot him from — cars and helicopters. [Laughs] This guy moves.”

Speaking of vehicles, Washington recalls the difficulty of looking at ease while shooting a boat-set sequence with Debicki. “I was terrified, but when Christopher Nolan yelled ‘Action!’ I had to throw all that away and make it look cool,” says the actor. Why was he terrified? “Because it’s a boat, man!” Washington adds with a laugh. “I don’t know how to drive a boat! But I had to act like I did.”

mgr-21451-msg2.jpg

https://ew.com/movies/2019/12/18/te...11EA-8773-8FA44744363C&utm_source=twitter.com

First Official Trailer for Christopher Nolan's New Espionage Thriller TENET

Having to patch a movie after release because it was woefully unfinished. In 2019. What a time to be alive.

I saw 'Uncut Gems' last night. Excellent flick 8.5/10.

Not quite as good as the Safdie Bros previous film "Good Time" which I think is one of the best films of the entire decade, but it's pretty great.

Also, the female lead Julia Fox is a total babe and her ass is phenomenal.

Uncut Gems is as amazing as it is tense. I’m exhausted. Julia Fox has the best ass ever put to film. Im pretty confident saying that.

FB_IMG_1577468035080.jpg

Deadpool 3 has started development over at Marvel Studios.

White Boy Rick was a brilliant film and one that doesn't get enough credit. IMDB ratings and such are lower than they should be.

Ryan Reynolds Confirms DEADPOOL 3 in the Works at Marvel Studios

b0Eei9x.jpg

Ryan Reynolds has confirmed what numerous executives have danced around since Disney acquired 20th Century Fox this year — Deadpool 3 is coming, and will now be in the hands of Marvel Studios.

Appearing on a holiday edition of Live With Kelly and Ryan, the actor told hosts Kelly Ripa and Ryan Seacrest that his potty-mouthed superhero is returning with another sequel in the blockbuster franchise.

“We’re working on it right now with the whole team,” Reynolds said. “We’re over at Marvel, which is the big leagues all of a sudden. It’s kind of crazy.”

Deadpool was one of the few characters owned outright by a studio other than Disney, but came home to Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige and his team in Disney’s $71.3 billion Fox acquisition in March. Reynolds, who stars as the titular mercenary with lewd jokes and impressive regenerating capabilities, developed the first two films with Fox film leadership.

Emma Watts, Fox film’s former president of production who had a considerable role in the first two films, will not continue to oversee the franchise, insiders familiar with the project said. She’ll remain in the Reynolds business in 2020, overseeing the video game action-comedy “Free Guy” under the Fox label, in addition to pumping out Steven Spielberg’s West Side Story, the Avatar franchise and Ridley Scott’s The Last Duel.

Deadpool and Deadpool 2 have earned an impressive $1.5 billion worldwide combined. Budgets were a reported $58 million and $110 million, respectively, before marketing costs. The film also represented an encouraging stretch of Marvel’s core intellectual property, earning top dollar with an R rating.

Reynolds has loaded up on splashy commercial projects this year and his paycheck reflects as much. Netflix is paying north of $25 million for his services in Red Notice, an art-heist action pic with Dwayne Johnson and Gal Gadot.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/deadpool-3-confimed-ryan-reynolds-1203452448/

Back