Most hated wrasslers

Jericho reduced to Stephs man servant and Booker T immediately come to mind.

Scott Steiner, Umaga, Zack Ryder, Sting, Goldberg, CM Punk (although he recovered) Rob Van Dam, Kurt Angle, Paul London and Brian Kendrick (neither would have ever been huge but he completely buried them both in one segment for no reason at all)

Last edited:
I hated the Fandango, Tyler Breeze, No Way Jose, Adam Rose gimmicks.

Scott Steiner, Umaga, Zack Ryder, Sting, Goldberg, CM Punk (although he recovered) Rob Van Dam, Kurt Angle, Paul London and Brian Kendrick (neither would have ever been huge but he completely buried them both in one segment for no reason at all)

I love Steiner, but he was in shit condition at the time and deserves some of the blame, that said a better performer could've hid that and made a better match...but HHH has never been good enough in ring to carry anyone.

HHH has never been good enough in ring to carry anyone.

For sure, HHH is probably the most overrated in ring worker of all time. Just look at his matches with Cena compared to the Cm Punk / Cena matches. And Punk himself isn't even that great of a worker but HHH ... he was just garbage.

Cody , Chase Owens , danhausen(don't @ me) , the Usos , baron Corbin , and Sammy Guevara are all trash unredeemable worthless trash

Disco inferno - hated him as a kid. Now he's a try hard on a podcast and acts like he was a major player when he never got above low mid card at best. Alex Wright was better.

Chris Jericho.
Not as a wrestler but as a person
The guy is in love with himself, his biggest fan, he is his own GOAT, it's unbearrable.
Pretty sure his favorite books are his own autobiography and he his rereading it every year thinking "what a great guy this Chris Jericho is ! And this book is so well written ! Ahahah this chapter is so funny io love it !"

Chris Jericho.
Not as a wrestler but as a person
The guy is in love with himself, his biggest fan, he is his own GOAT, it's unbearrable.
Pretty sure his favorite books are his own autobiography and he his rereading it every year thinking "what a great guy this Chris Jericho is ! And this book is so well written ! Ahahah this chapter is so funny io love it !"
Yeah, I thought about that as well, but he is very renowned for being generous and helping out people who are down and out.

Not necessarily a specific wrestler, but the increase of catch phrases/gestures in the latter 90s once Stone Cold's "And that's the bottom line" caught on. Example: Rick Steiner's "if you don't like me, bite me" always irritated me when he tried to shoehorn it in every time he was on the mic, even though I liked his wrestling.

Something similar with Perry Saturn where I liked him as a wrestler, but he did this gesture where he clasped his hands above his head, as a signal his finisher was coming up -

hqdefault.jpg

As for wrestlers, I'm not into any current WWE wrestlers. I also found Big Show annoying (and misused) in WWE but liked him in WCW as The Giant. I never found the Miz entertaining but I do like MJF.

Not necessarily a specific wrestler, but the increase of catch phrases/gestures in the latter 90s once Stone Cold's "And that's the bottom line" caught on. Example: Rick Steiner's "if you don't like me, bite me" always irritated me when he tried to shoehorn it in every time he was on the mic, even though I liked his wrestling.

Something similar with Perry Saturn where I liked him as a wrestler, but he did this gesture where he clasped his hands above his head, as a signal his finisher was coming up -

hqdefault.jpg

You mentioned his gesture but somehow forgot his terrible catchphrase. It was even worse than Rick Steiners'. He'd always screw it up but it was something like, "You see, it's all just a matter of mind over matter, I don't mind and YOU don't matter!"

No Benoit for what he did??

I don't think most folks hate him as a rassler even if they hate him as a human being if that makes sense. I didn't hate it when he showed up on my tv each week while he was alive...even if now all I can say about the man was that he was a child murdering piece of shit who's burning in hell.

You mentioned his gesture but somehow forgot his terrible catchphrase. It was even worse than Rick Steiners'. He'd always screw it up but it was something like, "You see, it's all just a matter of mind over matter, I don't mind and YOU don't matter!"

lol I forgot about that.

Back