MMA overtaken Boxing 100%

Yes I can imagine, Wilder was offered $100 Million for 3 fights for DAZN Breazeale and 2 with AJ
Wilder turned it down and managed $20 Million for that Ortiz rematch

I read about those numbers, seems that the source is solid, and they are incredible number.
If AJ manages to stop Ruiz, a fight AJ-Wilder will be... wild. We are taking massive purses.

MMA pay is going up rapidly in a decade or so Every top fighter will make more than a top boxers.

While the pay has gone up, as long as UFC has no real competition, the fighters will only make as much as UFC allows.

In Boxing, the structure is just completely more in favor of the fighters.

Joshua is making £66 million ($84.5) purse for his rematch this Saturday. MMA is nowhere near that pay scale

Why MMA fans have such a hate boner for boxing? saying shit like they are the superior spoert, they would win in a street, boxing is dying, etc, etc.

Who cares... enjoy your shit

dude stop it. Boxing has been at times the biggest sport in the world. theres constant ups and downs constantly in all sports. right now, boxing is at a low, and mma at an high. MMA is still much smaller. Lol in europe people hardly know what MMA is. Everyone knows what boxing is, and can name at least a couple of boxers. same with the rest in the world.
The big fights in boxing smash the biggest MMA-fights. MMA will never overtake boxing, get used to it you insecure twats.

Boxing has a bigger talent pool and pays better at the highest levels. But in terms of fanbase and viewership they've been pretty close for over a decade now. tts not as simple as saying one has overtaken the other because the numbers can vary from weekend to weekend and both have good years and bad years depending on the stars around at the time and what kinda fights are getting booked.

fury
Fury, Wilder and Joshua would be lucky to be top 10 fighters in the HW division about 15 years ago.

The HW division isnt at its best but come on now, this is an exaggeration. If you look at Rings annual HW ratings the yearly top 10 for 2004 includes guys like Fres Oquendo, Jameel McCline and Monte Barrett. They've got John Ruiz at no2. You really think Fury, Wilder, Joshua, Uysk, Whyte, Parker etc are inferior to those guys?

How long have you worked with statistical information from MMA and boxing to come to a 100 percent conclusion? What model are you using and what are your gauges?

The HW division isnt at its best but come on now, this is an exaggeration. If you look at Rings annual HW ratings the yearly top 10 for 2004 includes guys like Fres Oquendo, Jameel McCline and Monte Barrett. They've got John Ruiz at no2. You really think Fury, Wilder, Joshua, Uysk, Whyte, Parker etc are inferior to those guys?

Those guys would all be champions today. As I said, Joshua had enough problems with 10 years later Klitschko and Povetkin.

The HW division wasn't particularly good 15/20 years ago, but it was far superior to this era.

As I said, I believe Harrison to be a superior fighter to Joshua and he wasn't top 10 material. Wilder is too small for those guys. Fury I just find completely overrated. He too, had enough problems with middle-aged faded Klitschko.

dude thats bullshit and you know it. you talk about a 70 year old former pro boxer with cte. Wilder is a prime HW-Champ who would murder khabib in 1 second. hell he is so athletic, khabib wouldnt even be able to catch him if Wilder wasnt allowed to throw punches.

Khabib would rear naked choke Wilder no problem.

Khabib would rear naked choke Wilder no problem.
Wilder would kill Khabib with one punch,easy. 0,2 seconds. Thats how long their fight would last.
InbornPoorJanenschia-size_restricted.gif

UFC fighters are lightyears behind when it comes to fighter's pay.

Yeah right. Boxing's sad decline since the early 2000s has been remarkable. In large part due to amateur boxing being ruined by that horrible point system and corrupt judges. Like those that gave Anthony Joshua his gold.

Fury, Wilder and Joshua would be lucky to be top 10 fighters in the HW division about 15 years ago.
I blame the Klitchko brothers for ruining HW boxing which was what everyone used to watch.

I blame the Klitchko brothers for ruining HW boxing which was what everyone used to watch.

It's a combination of things, but yes, Wlad and Vitali turning into John Ruiz certainly played a substantial role.

Amateur boxing being completely ruined by rewarding that Eastern European slapping style and heavily biased FIFA-type judges had a lot to do with it too.

Why MMA fans have such a hate boner for boxing? saying shit like they are the superior spoert, they would win in a street, boxing is dying, etc, etc.

Not only that, they shit on their athletes by implying any nfl or nba guy would shit all over their champs with a few months training <45>

Conor is the reason why i love MMA, but i hate dumb fans: why do you compare boxing at his worst with MMA at his best? Yeah boxing is bigger, but why do you care which sport is bigger?

GT will never be my best friend, but lets play your game.

According to google trends, UFC is more popular in 10 countries: Brazil, NZ, Canada, USA, Swe, Croatia etc. etc. But the thing is, UFC is an universal term, but not boxing. In germany you say "Boxen", in spain "box", in italy you can even say "pugilato".

The Tyson-Wilder fight did 325k-350k, but you shouldnt compare it to Khabib vs Al, because im sure most people (like me) thought that this was a good card and thats why we bought that. Tyson vs Wilder was a shit card ( by casual standards) ... 1 good fight for 70$? Thats why I didnt buy that.

10-15 million watched that fight (illegal streams) & it also trended higher than UFC 223
vWI7ZTA.png

26 millionen watched Khabib vs Dustin in Russia. Good number, but not that impressive: Card was full of russian fighters and russian people always support their fighters.

31 million watched Canelo, 28 million watched the japanese brothers (regular basi), 5-10 million watched Nayoa Inoue (from 40 million), 30 million watched murata ... good numbers but still not impressive.

You cared enough to comment

Back