MMA overtaken Boxing 100%

So, you 've chosen to ignore my previous post explaining to you what happened regarding that decision? It was made in the days leading up to the event date & the Canelo fight's promoter & DAZN decided to do it as a goodwill gesture to combat sports fans. Plus it brought it many new subscribers because fight fans didn't have to make choice.
So, no one "bent the knee". And claiming that it's what happened is disingenuous & ridiculous.

Heres another top boxer doing bum numbers. Boxing is dying and thats a fact.

Wilder & Fury dwarfs Khabib & Ferguson.

Not really.....It's a bigger fight yeah but Tony vs Khabib is humongous.

In usa alone i bet it's closer than you think honestly. Ufc ppv model is kinda fucked though so that's not helping
lol, Khabib vs Iaquinta did better than Wilder vs Fury 1...go check the numbers...

Should tell the MMA fighters that. It's getting pretty pathetic to hear them constantly begging and pleading for boxers to notice them.

Yes top boxers make more than top MMA fighters at the moment.

That has less to do with the interest or popularity of the sport, and more to do with the fact that the UFC completely abuses its fighters and gives them a tiny (<10%) cut. I would like to know what Conor would have made against Khabib if the pay structure were more like boxing, with the headliners taking home most of the money - it probably would have rivaled Mayweather's paydays.

undercard was shit, Ortiz is a no name + first time ppv and Wilder sold 275k PPVs ... most here thought it wouldnt even sell 100k.

lol

Wilder vs Fury 2 = huuuge numbers.

Boxing is dead. Wilder vs Ortiz 2 doing 200k Lmfao. In 10 years a boxing arena will have 10-15 spectators at most.

It did 225-275k. Were you all doom and gloom when Maskaev/Byrd 2 did 60k in 2006? what about when Mike Tysons last two fights did 350k combined? or when no HW fight even main evented a PPV in the US for well over a decade until Fury/Wilder last year?

Boxing is dead. Wilder vs Ortiz 2 doing 200k Lmfao. In 10 years a boxing arena will have 10-15 spectators at most.

It was a pointless rematch that had absolutely no place on PPV. I’m glad that shit tanked. PPV should be reserved for big fights.

It'll be in the next decade or so. MMA grows fast for such a young sport. Don't be swayed by DAZN throwing big money at boxers, they haven't made any profit yet and it's going to take a while and before they do, MMA, or UFC in this matter will grows even bigger be it in terms of popularity in the combat sports circles or in revenue.

MMA growing fast is such horseshit. I've been watching for about 15 years and what's changed apart from an expanded roster? Most of the casuals that used to watch it have grown up and switched off. PPVs were in every bar for a while there, now no one bothers anymore.
Fighter pay is still garbage. PPVs have never again come close to when Bork was around.

It's a niche sport mostly for edgelords with an even smaller audience of dedicated martial arts fans.

How many boomers are on Sherdog? Probably none. MMA is a young sport. I am probably one of the oldest here at 41. Boxing is trending down and in 15 years, most boomers will not be watching it because they will be 6 feet under.

MMA fighters (specifically UFC fighters) get less than 10% of the total profit generated on a card.

If they got 40-50% like what other athletes get they'd make a lot more. Khabib made 6 million vs. Poirier. He would have made over 15 million for that fight if fighters were entitled to 40%

Last edited:
He made 6 million dollars according to his dad/manager (hahahaha). N1 bullshit.

And one of the reasons (imo) why they dont pay them enough is
a) 0 competition
b) less money for fighters = more money for your brand (advertisement etc.) and If you dont like UFC money, you dont have many options as an MMA fighter -> rizin/bellaor only if you are a draw.

However: I will never understand why MMA fans aka UFC fans think that boxing is full of old farts. I can speak for russia,germany and italy, thats why I know this is number 1 bullshit, but I know shit about the states and I know boxing is at his worst there.

1000-1500 people arent enough, but 1000-1500 people are still better than the opinion of 5-10 sherdoggers.

JrHiX8M.jpg

He made 6 million dollars according to his dad/manager (hahahaha).

And one of the reasons (imo) why they dont pay them enough is
a) 0 competition
b) less money for fighters = more money for your brand (advertisement etc.) and If you dont like UFC money, you dont have many options as an MMA fighter -> rizin/bellaor only if you are a draw.

However: I will never understand why MMA fans aka UFC fans think that boxing is full of old farts. I can speak for russia,germany and italy, thats why I know this is number 1 bullshit, but I know shit about the states and I know boxing is at his worst there.

1000-1500 people arent enough, but 1000-1500 people are still better than the opinion of 5-10 sherdoggers.

JrHiX8M.jpg
MMA is still growing and is fairly a new sport. Those graphs dont matter much when boxing is being slowly eaten by MMA.

There are many MMA fans who were Ex boxing fans. Not many boxing fans that were MMA fans. I cannot see someone that have seen MMA becoming a fan of boxing. I have seen many guys that were boxing hardcore fans switch to MMA.

MMA growing fast is such horseshit. I've been watching for about 15 years and what's changed apart from an expanded roster? Most of the casuals that used to watch it have grown up and switched off. PPVs were in every bar for a while there, now no one bothers anymore.
Fighter pay is still garbage. PPVs have never again come close to when Bork was around.

It's a niche sport mostly for edgelords with an even smaller audience of dedicated martial arts fans.
Bro 15 years ago you wouldnt ever dream about having a MMA fight get 2.5mil PPVs, 1,5mil, 1,7mil.

Wtf you talking about? Boxing been around for 100+ years and is falling short on the numbers compared to a fairly new sport.

Back