MMA overtaken Boxing 100%

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by RNC555, Dec 2, 2019.

1. KeepItRealist

KeepItRealist Silver Belt

No, I don't. And I don't think Joshua would have beaten mid-2000s Klitschko or Povetkin. He had enough problems with the badly faded versions.

2. Phisher

Phisher Gold Belt

I'm still waiting for an explanation of what Harrison did in his pro career that makes you think he's better than Joshua.

I'll concede that Joshua wouldn't have beaten a younger Wladimir. That doesn't mean that Harrison is better or that the division was stacked with guys that would have beaten AJ during Wlad's title reign.

3. I'm Shawn Spencer

I'm Shawn Spencer Green Belt

this is solely because of Dana.

and it's destroying the future for mma (the entire sport).

4. TankAbbott4Eva

TankAbbott4Eva Silver Belt

Disagree on Fury by the way, he would have been a problem in any era.

5. Kuona

Kuona White Belt

Canelo vs Kovalev wasn't on PPV you autistic neanderthal

I see the inferiority complex amongst MMA fans is still running strong

6. Kingz

Kingz Gold Belt

Boxing has a lot of ground to cover after Artem debunked it vs.Paulie

7. jeremyemilio

jeremyemilio Silver Belt

The idea of fighters competing for "pay" has always been misguided.

Prize fighting isn't supposed to be a long term career plan. It's called prize fighting for a reason. You're supposed to make a run for the prize, which is usually a big money title fight. Best case scenario, you get there, and then you can even decide to stick around and keep compounding the prizes until your run is over.

Then once the run is over, you do like the gladiators and you call it quits (well, except you get to be still alive). Same goes if your run ends before you get the prize. That's the nature of prizes. Sometimes you don't win them.

updowniri likes this.
  8. TinoSpezza

TinoSpezza Purple Belt

Mine's are 'worldwide' too.

Boxing vs MMA (boxing ahead):
    [​IMG]
    UFC vs Boxing (UFC ahead):
    [​IMG]

9. Timurd123

Timurd123 Andy Hug Belt

Lol @ pay comparison

Ufc is still doing 10/10’s, can’t even bring that shit up my dude

10. Regal Boy

Regal Boy Blue Belt

There's already very promising research in preventing AND reversing degenerative neurons in rat brains. It's not quite there yet, but it's the beginning of the end.

Within the next 5-20 years (you know how it is) an outright cure for CTE and Alzeheimers and other degenerative neuron disorders will be discovered/invented and from that point, combat sports of every kind will go through rapid expansion, as young men and women will no longer fear getting brain damage from them. At that point, all non-combat sports will become secondary to fighting sports, because humans innately prefer combat to playing games. This has held true throughout the entirety of human history in every culture that has ever existed.

I can't wait!

11. flairleguccijoints

flairleguccijoints Purple Belt

mMa fans insecure as fuck, nothing new. This is what happens when you tie your personal identity to a sport.
    The UFC Hw champ couldn’t even sell out his CLEVELAND home town when he last fought there, and is begging for a boxing match, I wonder why?
    Dana even knows what’s up and that’s why he’s starting Zuffa boxing.
    ESPN appears disinterested in covering their partner the UFC, notice all the announcements regarding subscriptions stopped.
    Year 2029 you’ll be saying this same shit that said here in 2019 and was said in 2009.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  12. DeJulez

DeJulez Broner Brodie

Canelo made more money and got more views than the UFC did.
    Canelos Mexico viewership numbers beat out the UFCS global numbers for the Nick vs Madival event.
    Sit on that.

13. DeJulez

DeJulez Broner Brodie

How is mma getting bigger?
    They are doing less ppvs and less viewers on TV, more now than ever.
    The sport is tanking and has to rely on Conor as hes the only star and he hasnt won in 3 years.

How many people you think actually know Masdival? You're on a UFC discussion board on a MMA Website.
    You think people in the real world give a flying fuck about two mediocre asshats throwing kicks at each other?
    No one knows who Diaz or Masdival is. I still have to look up which ones Nick and which ones Nate. Couldnt tell you which one fought Conor.

14. Bjjpitbull8

Bjjpitbull8 Red Belt

15. kflo

kflo Steel Belt

It’s not at all solely because of dana. That’s stupid. Dana works and worked for other people. Who helped build the sport to what it is today.

It’s not destroying the future. The future is still being built.

16. dissectingaorticaneurysm

dissectingaorticaneurysm Black Belt

lol I remember you arguing that Khabib was a bigger star than Conor despite fewer PPV buys because most of his viewership watches it on free TV. Well, by that logic, boxing is way more popular than MMA because it's aired on more stations in more nations worldwide.

Besides, Joshua's UK fandom and Canelo's Mexican fandom are each way bigger than the entirety of MMA fans in America.

17. sweetviolenturg

sweetviolenturg Black Belt Professional Fighter

Stop the madness. Both sports are great & there's plenty of room for both of them to thrive. Seriously, this us vs them nonsense is so old & ridiculous.
    I've been a boxing fanatic since I was a kid in 1976 & I've been an MMA die-hard since UFC 1 back in November of '93. I love both combat sports almost equally. The only reason that I put boxing #1 is that it's how I used to make my living as a professional. So, out of loyalty, I say that boxing is my favorite but MMA is really right up there with it.

18. Draxton

Draxton Captain shitpost

Are they??? Only the main event guys are getting payed big for boxing. Everyone else is on the level or way less than UFC.

Greg House likes this.
  19. El Fernas

El Fernas Red Belt

Canelo made more money than the whole card combined, Kovalev made more money...Boxing > MMA 100%

Also its not MMA, its the UFC brand that has the draw power, Trump has been friends with Dana, he isnt friends with Eddie Hearn.

20. sweetviolenturg

sweetviolenturg Black Belt Professional Fighter

Boxing lost no ground in the Lobov-Malignaggi fight. You had an over the hill former titlist with notoriously brittle hands & no power whatsoever show up, break both hands in the first round & yet still do enough to win in many people's eyes before losing a controversial decision. So what?
    I didn't hear anything about MMA being in trouble when another former boxing champion in Ishe Smith made his bear-knuckle debut on the next card by beating an MMA fighter. That's because it means nothing.

DeJulez and Rented Gucci Mink like this.