MMA overtaken Boxing 100%

You are not worth my time and i only have 4 hours amazon prime ... bye.

red is boxing (world wide)

spnPhni.png
What is this a graph with literally nothing on it? how do i know red isnt mma? Lmfao.. youre trying to be scientific? post source and a full graph. Not a graph with literally nothing on it.

Boxing has been around for thousands of year, created icons, was watched by billions at a time. Dont worry its gonna bounce back. It always did. MMA however, peaked with McGregor. Once hes gone, well MMA is not gonna die, but its gonna decrease in size. The biggest names in the sport of MMA are the fighters that are connected to Conor. The guys he fights become stars because of him. Hes the only guy making MMA big. But he has only a couple of fights left, since he doesnt seem willing to fight regulary. So tough luck guys.

Still ufc 244 did better numbers than Canelo vs Kovalev and they had to wait for UFC to be over so they can start LOL.

Canelo vs GGG did 2 1.3mil
Kovalev best fight did 165k

Im guessing Canelo vs Kovalev did under a mil.
We'll probably never know since the DAZN subscription thing. They're saying numbers surged once UFC 244 was over, but no one knows what that means. According to sources, the gate for the Canelo fight generated $8.173 million vs UFC 244's $6.576 million

+ Canelo vs Kol was one of the worst promoted fights.
True, I almost heard shit about it. Which is weird, considering his high profile, his new weight division, and probably the most "name" opponent that division could offer. And still the articles about Canelo alone doubled over the UFC event that weekend.

We'll probably never know since the DAZN subscription thing. They're saying numbers surged once UFC 244 was over, but no one knows what that means. According to sources, the gate for the Canelo fight generated $8.173 million vs UFC 244's $6.576 million

True, I almost heard shit about it. Which is weird, considering his high profile, his new weight division, and probably the most "name" opponent that division could offer. And still the articles about Canelo alone doubled over the UFC event that weekend.
2016-11-10_11-23-40_large.png
@pwforgotlolol

what terms did you look for?
For 2019 I got the following:

Boxing is ahead but way less than in your graph:
averages: Boxing 72; MMA 48

Anyway, MMA isn't even one generation old.
These things take time.
edit:

Damn!
So if one searches for 'UFC' instead, MMA appears to be already ahead.

worldwide last 12 months and lol@ united states

however: combat sports will become niche.

Boxing would be the biggest sport in the world with ufcs promoting skills hahahah

UFC is full of casuals and boxing has loyal fans.

confirmed: ufc wont survive the next 20 years

Ui98Cx4.png

Yeah right. Boxing's sad decline since the early 2000s has been remarkable. In large part due to amateur boxing being ruined by that horrible point system and corrupt judges. Like those that gave Anthony Joshua his gold.

Fury, Wilder and Joshua would be lucky to be top 10 fighters in the HW division about 15 years ago.

GTFO Fury, AJ and Wilder would smoke the likes of Chris Byrd, Sam Peter, Fred Oquendo and John Ruiz.

Past prime, overweight James Toney was a top 5 HW at that time despite the fact that he had no business fighting in the division at all.

After Lewis retired, it was the Klitschkos and everybody else. The division was garbage for a long time. There's a reason why people started to get interested again a few years ago.

@EdmundsEmptyBankAccount
MMA is only getting bigger even while its becoming more technical.

Wilder vs Fury 1 300k ppv

Khabib vs Iaquinta 350k ppv

Butb bbbbut Boxing pay though!

1. Those are North American PPV numbers. Boxing gets much more viewership worldwide. This can't be debated.

2. People streamed the shit out of Wilder/Fury, and the 12th round went viral. There are casual fans who don't know dick about the sport arguing about that fight day in and day out on social media. Wilder and Fury also both got massive pay bumps after a fight that you're insinuating that nobody cared about.

Does anybody outside of the hardcore fanbase even remember that Khabib/Iaquinta happened?

GTFO Fury, AJ and Wilder would smoke the likes of Chris Byrd, Sam Peter, Fred Oquendo and John Ruiz.

Past prime, overweight James Toney was a top 5 HW at that time despite the fact that he had no business fighting in the division at all.

After Lewis retired, it was the Klitschkos and everybody else. The division was garbage for a long time. There's a reason why people started to get interested again a few years ago.

Division has been garbage for a long time, hence those 3 being at the top. But Fraudley was a better fighter than Joshua. But he came up in a different era. Not like HW's in the 2000s were great, but they were far superior to these 3.

I wonder if UFC would be bigger if they started feeding their top fighters bums in order to build them up like they do in boxing. I feel like it hypes the top fights more

Define "bum." The talent level is so much deeper in boxing that it's not even funny.

Derek Brunson is considered to be a joke by MMA fans, but he's only lost to the elite of the division and has been inside the top 10 at MW according to every outlet that does rankings for the duration of his UFC career.

Division has been garbage for a long time, hence those 3 being at the top. But Fraudley was a better fighter than Joshua. But he came up in a different era. Not like HW's in the 2000s were great, but they were far superior to these 3.

Take the troll shit somewhere else. This is incomprehensibly stupid.

He legit won his gold and compiled a comparable record in a tougher era. I repeat. Fraudley was a better fighter.

AJ won gold too. Fuck, Wilder won bronze with two years training. Who cares?

You think that Harrison would have been competitive with, much less beaten, old Klitschko, Parker or Povetkin?

If you're not trolling, you're fucking crazy.

AJ won gold too. Fuck, Wilder won bronze with two years training. Who cares?

You think that Harrison would have been competitive with, much less beaten, old Klitschko, Parker or Povetkin?

If you're not trolling, you're fucking crazy.

No, I don't. And I don't think Joshua would have beaten mid-2000s Klitschko or Povetkin. He had enough problems with the badly faded versions.

Back