MMA overtaken Boxing 100%

I think MMA gets more views world wide not just in the USA. Boxing was never really that big of a sport anywhere in the world other than USA, Ex Soviet Union and some south American countries.

MMA is taking over boxing where its strong and definitely where its weak.
Boxing is not big in Europe?

Good lord dude

100% is a stretch but it's close. Too bad most mma paydays are still centuries behind

Canelo took a back of the bus seat to Nate vs Jorge!!! Lol!!! And the crowd at mgm grand had to watch the ufc card while they waited!!! Hahahahahahaahhaaha!!

Some of the undercard boxers on the canelo fight made $1500 and boxing is very unforgiving. Either you have all the talent and are worth it or are mediocre and worth nothing and Canelo takes it ALL!!!! Middle of the road mma make more than middle of the road boxers.

maybe UFC guys, not MMA guys.

two different bus. models. UFCs model is much closer to WWE.

a lot of the boxing undercard fighters are not connected to the main event promoter, but fixing this problem would be easy ... but why?

Oh most UFC guys still have a full time job.

tl:dr combat sports are shit.

Boxing is not big in Europe?

Good lord dude
No it isn’t. The best boxer in Europe is some tall fatty that looks like TIm Sylvia, he is just way bigger than everyone else not really better.

I don't watch amateur boxing dude....idk

i rewatched some of wilders amateur fights and his fights were better than most pro boxing & mma fights (not skill wise).

thats why i love HS football more than NFL.

No it isn’t. The best boxer in Europe is some tall fatty that looks like TIm Sylvia, he is just way bigger than everyone else not really better.
I understand that this side of the forum is clueless when it comes to boxing. It’s totally understandable

But these are some of the worst takes i think i have ever heard

I understand that this side of the forum is clueless when it comes to boxing. It’s totally understandable

But these are some of the worst takes i think i have ever heard

his defense consists of standing tall and using his torso to keep opponents away. And using a huge weight advantage too.

MMA pay is going up rapidly in a decade or so Every top fighter will make more than a top boxers.
Lmao this may be the dumbest post in sherdog history.

Lol Canelo made more money than all your dry humping in a cage participants.
He still had to wait in the locker room and watch Mas/Diaz fight so that anyone would watch his fight afterwards. DAZN is dumb to pay these boxers that much money, they will fold soon

When you have the number 1 boxer in the world Canelo changing his fights date due to UFC Nate vs Masvidal (two guys with 20+ losses combined) you know that MMA has officially overtaken boxing. Trump didnt go to watch Canelo, Deontay or others..

This point was brought to my attention by an interview of Frank Mir.

Yes top boxers make more than top MMA fighters at the moment. Will they still make more in a few years? or a decade?
In boxing its either making everything or making nothing. In mma is more balanced.

Anyway MMA fighters pay is constantly going up. MMA as a whole is moving up way quicker than boxing tbh.
You’re a joke.

Khabib would maul Wilder
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Wilder would kill khabib with one punch. KILL
giphy.gif

UnrulyAdoredFawn-size_restricted.gif

He still had to wait in the locker room and watch Mas/Diaz fight so that anyone would watch his fight afterwards. DAZN is dumb to pay these boxers that much money, they will fold soon
30 million

Well he did what kings do. First watch the peasants fight for his entertainment, that went to war with another elite Emperor, who he beat, while earning more than the entire UFC-roster in a year.

Yeah, boxing is dead... err wait... UFC is dead... woah, I can't follow anymore... what's dead?

TELL ME SHERDOG!

Boxer are free to fight in the ufc using their whole skillset, people aren't dumb they understand that the baddest best fighters are in the cage and that boxing is limited. Before in the 80s 90s people saw boxers and shaolin monks as the best fighters in the world

Lmao I like mma much more than boxing but tbh mma is always obsessed with boxing and not the other way around. Mma fans, promoters and fighters act like bitter ex girlfriends talking about boxing.

NO... mma will never overtake or replace boxing or viceversa simply because they are DIFFERENT SPORTS. Just like american football will never replace or overtake rugby. It’s a different sport with a solidified fanbase.

Back