MMA is a D-Level Sport

Boxing put Conor on Forbes list, not MMA. Before that fight there had never been an MMA fighter on that list in the years prior. But there had been plenty of boxers.
It’s the sport for other industry has-beens (James Toney), deviants (Greg hardy) and people having a midlife crises (CM Punk).
Sorry if the truth hurts.

Hold on there, time baby. This is NOT the NHB fighting that I came into this "sport" by! John McCain put an ABRUPT stop to that form of combat entertainment!
MMA/ UFC - 25 years old.
NFL - 60 years old
NBA - 75 years old
Modern Olympics - 125 years old
MLB - 150 years old
Boxing - 150 years old

Yes, MMA does indeed need to continue to grow!

Soccer 950 years old

lol. but you do have a point.

so they can suck at the olympics and dominate MMA. also a guy with less than 5 years training MMA can beat the best fighter in the world (MM). still a long way to go until this sport is remotely respectable

This is a bit deceiving. You're acting as if an athlete from a completely different sport could come to MMA and dominate. I'd be impressed if an olympic weight lifter with no combat experience became the UFC HW champion within 5 years of starting MMA.

However you are talking about wrestling. Wrestling as a major aspect of MMA -- some would even argue that wrestling is the most important base an MMA fighter can have. So these olympic wrestlers come to MMA with an elite level of the best MMA base, plus very high athletic conditioning in terms of strength/speed/stamina. It's no surprise they do well in MMA.

This has less to do with the level of athlete in the UFC, and more to do with wrestling being an excellent base for MMA.

EDIT: I don't think UFC top 5 fighters are "D-level" athletes. I think they are mostly B-level athletes, with some A-level athletes. An interesting case is going to be Greg Hardy. This guy IS coming from a completely different sport, as I mentioned above. If he's able to become a UFC heavyweight champion within 5 years of starting MMA, then that would indicate that athletic genetics does dominate MMA.

Last edited:
"Level D's nuts on your forehead" -Kenny "The Black Beast" Florian

Fake ass mma fans. If you still this way about a sport you supposedly love. Why bother watching?

In the olympics... people are "pretty good" for the most part. Starting out in MMA, you don't face only olympic medalists.

Did this ever occur to you?
This, their overall wrestling record is probably manny hundreds of win vs a handful of losses. What’s Cejudo record vs top 5 mma? 1-2 with a questionable decision?

In the olympics... people are "pretty good" for the most part. Starting out in MMA, you don't face only olympic medalists.

Did this ever occur to you?
I mean he’s a tard so I doubt it

so they can suck at the olympics and dominate MMA. also a guy with less than 5 years training MMA can beat the best fighter in the world (MM). still a long way to go until this sport is remotely respectable

'controversial'

Was fedor a d level athlete?

Meh. While it would be interesting to see guys come over that have A level attributes, its the same reason that NFL rejects dont go into boxing and dominate the heavyweight division and make easy millions....not everybody is built for fighing and though football is tough, it still aint fighting and everyone forgets this....anybody can dish it out but can they take it? Plenty of vids on youtube of 18 year old kids beating the fuck out of some poor househusband or elderly man. But can they take it? Take a beating ? THAT is what seperates the wannabee fighters from the true fighters. Anybody can be the hammer, but can they be the nail? Lets see if Greg Hardy can take it as well as his girlfriend did.

I don't know if D level, but definitely not A level, since it's a hard sport to practice given the sheer amount of discipline and knowledge involved. But who gives a shit? MMA is still the greatest fighting style in human history, and current fighters are very talented (they just didn't start when they were 4, although some did.)

Enjoy it for what it is breh

Good job @Toco. lol at all these triggered donks who can't handle the pure hard facts about MMA.

Cejudo "sucked" at the olympics.
Smh.

Back