Mistrust of Science - Evolution vs Creationism in the classroom

why cant i mistrust both?

They are both theories that came from men.

My little pea-brain cannot fathom the concept of something arising from nothing, nor Time having no beginning.

I dont know how anyone can jump up and down in vehement assurance on the subject.

Every time I think about the sheer size of the universe and possibility of bubble universes etc I give myself an existential crisis.

Just anti-reason. The notion that "observation" requires a human to be present in the moment is illogical.
Let's talk about reason then. If you put a pile of scrap metal in a box and shook it, how long would you shake it before it assembled itself into a watch functioning to tell you the time?

Let's talk about reason then. If you put a pile of scrap metal in a box and shook it, how long would you shake it before it assembled itself into a watch functioning to tell you the time?

Never, but I fail to see the correlation to the topic

A better example is a murder, we know a murder has taken place even if nobody witnessed the murder. You have evidence a murder occurred

Never, but I fail to see the correlation to the topic

A better example is a murder, we know a murder has taken place even if nobody witnessed the murder. You have evidence a murder occurred
This is a bad analogy. We have no proof that macro evolution happened or can happen by itself. We know that murder exists though, so you can't compare the two.

Where did the box and the metal come from, and what caused it to shake?

Science can say nothing about how the universe came into existence because no one was there.

Engineers and scientists working with computers have shown that nothing organizes itself in a functioning way apart from prewritten, inscribed information.

Except this thread is about evolution vs creationism. Not the universe.
Science can tell us plenty about evolution.

@Black Locust

Just google it man. You sound a bit anti science because I’ve never heard anyone doubt macro evolution. It’s micro evolution that I always hear people trying to discredit.

Sounds like you may have your arguments backwards

@Black Locust

Just google it man. You sound a bit anti science because I’ve never heard anyone doubt macro evolution. It’s micro evolution that I always hear people trying to discredit.

Sounds like you may have your arguments backwards
I believe micro evolution exists, but there is no proof of macro evolution.

What’s funny is there was a documentary / movie that came out in 1999 called The Matrix that already explained all of this yet people still don’t get it.
Yoy know, ive never actually seen that movie <6>

Ya Scientists have witnessed it. Single cell to multi-cell in 50 weeks with the introduction of a predator.

https://www.sciencealert.com/scient...ed-algae-evolve-into-a-multicellular-organism
Think of it another way. You have a television. Just imagine that your television assembled itself together, put itself in a box with all of the capabilities that it has. The remote also assembled itself together compatibly with the television so that you could operate it the way you do. Anyone that tried to advocate this would be fit for a mental institution. There is no proof of macro evolution.

Evolutionists have been quick to say that given enough time, all of this can happen spontaneously. You don't hear that much anymore. But they are afraid to give up their macro evolutionary theory because they may end up with the God of the Bible.

Darwin thought everything was a bubble of jello. We know that's not true with the invention of the electron microscope. Now we know a lot about DNA, and it's complexity speaks to the necessity of the creative power of God.

Think of it another way. You have a television. Just imagine that your television assembled itself together, put itself in a box with all of the capabilities that it has. The remote also assembled itself together compatibly with the television so that you could operate it the way you do. Anyone that tried to advocate this would be fit for a mental institution. There is no proof of macro evolution.

Evolutionists have been quick to say that given enough time, all of this can happen spontaneously. You don't hear that much anymore. But they are afraid to give up their macro evolutionary theory because they may end up with the God of the Bible.

Darwin thought everything was a bubble of jello. We know that's not true with the invention of the electron microscope. Now we know a lot about DNA, and it's complexity speaks to the necessity of the creative power of God.

This isn't a TV, these are organisms that mutate. Didn't you read the article? Single cell to multicell so Macro evolution in 50 weeks with the introduction of a predator.

Back