Mistrust of Science - Evolution vs Creationism in the classroom

Think of it another way. You have a television. Just imagine that your television assembled itself together, put itself in a box with all of the capabilities that it has. The remote also assembled itself together compatibly with the television so that you could operate it the way you do. Anyone that tried to advocate this would be fit for a mental institution. There is no proof of macro evolution.

Evolutionists have been quick to say that given enough time, all of this can happen spontaneously. You don't hear that much anymore. But they are afraid to give up their macro evolutionary theory because they may end up with the God of the Bible.

Darwin thought everything was a bubble of jello. We know that's not true with the invention of the electron microscope. Now we know a lot about DNA, and it's complexity speaks to the necessity of the creative power of God.

Nobody really knows jack shit...anything is possible since we don’t even know what it is we are experiencing...At the most fundamental level, we are deaf , dumb, and blind..They could be correct, you could be correct, but most likely, everyone is incorrect..

Glad to see that the overall trend of a mistrust of science is reversing the the field of Biology in the classroom.

https://evolution-outreach.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12052-020-00126-8

At a time when misinformation seems to be rampant a decades-long effort aided by the scientific community is bearing fruit. Results published on 10 June show that the proportion of US secondary-school biology teachers who present creationism as a scientifically valid alternative to evolution fell from 32% in 2007 to 18% in 2019 And the amount of class time devoted to human evolution shot up by almost 90%.

@TheComebackKid

Hopefully this cultural war against Science can reverse just like it did here!

bf836f62d7858db21736270d2c7d3549.jpg

The Catholic Church backs evolution, but with the addition of a human soul.

Usually, people that do not question the why and how of life are the same morons that the phrase "ignorance is bliss" was created for. Guess what, you dont know. No one knows. If you do, please tell us all about it.
Please dont.

Nobody really knows jack shit...anything is possible since we don’t even know what it is we are experiencing...At the most fundamental level, we are deaf , dumb, and blind..They could be correct, you could be correct, but most likely, everyone is incorrect..
Everyone is wrong,
1537071730919.gif

some are just more on the right path than others, and they use evidence to show their conclusions, and not terrible analogies that just show the person making the analogy has problem with how the universe is so complicated, and because they are to egotistical has to believe some being put order into it, because we are beings and want to be validated in our existence.

why cant i mistrust both?

They are both theories that came from men.

My little pea-brain cannot fathom the concept of something arising from nothing, nor Time having no beginning.

I dont know how anyone can jump up and down in vehement assurance on the subject.

Wouldn't you favor the theory that can make testable predictions and the one that produces real world results that all of us utilize today?

So, will I be the first to complain about the wholesale censorship of Creationists?

Darwinism (evolution) teaches us that our species evolve though a natural selection of small, inherited variations that increase the individuals ability to compete, survive, and ultimately reproduce. Thus if an individual fails to reproduce it is because that individual was unable to adapt to their environment and as a result their unique genetics get eliminated in the species' evolution.

We can teach evolution is the classroom all we want, but some of the most educated, science-minded people I know straight up reject as "offensive" the idea that failing to reproduce is a failure of your genetics to adapt and compete. I just throw this in here to make sure everyone knows that it is not just the church that rejects key parts from the theory of evolution.

Wouldn't you favor the theory that can make testable predictions and the one that produces real world results that all of us utilize today?
yes.
but that doesnt mean i have to have faith in it.

i never understood the ‘its one or the other’ thing

takin a step back in perspective - its humans trying to answer the big questions. we have gotten better at it, but it doesnt mean we are right, nor that there isnt a tendency for human flaws in the testing. scientific theory and static testing is wonderful and also how i try to approach any problem, but people are still people.

I don’t think we are there, yet.

Science may not have all the answers but it sure has more than religion.
This is silly. Science is not meant to 'compete' with religion. Anyone who 'believes' in science instead of religion is doing it wrong. Scientific knowledge is by nature temporary. The fact that science accepts nothing as absolutely true by default and constantly questions and challenges its own answers is what set itself apart from religion in the first place.

Young earth creationism is nonsense I dont believe there are people who still take it seriously.

Whether or not the big bang was the Creation event is not possible to know at the moment and we should wait before talking about that.

Back