Mir is going to destroy Cormier

I hate all the Mir haters here.

His striking is not amazing, but if anything it is pretty good. He has dropped and knocked out serious competition.

He destroyed Nog standing in their first fight.

Sent Kongo flying across the octagon with a overhand left.

Ko'd Cro Cop

If he gets on DC for one second, he will break an arm. Plus why does everyone think DC is so much stronger then Mir? Mir has a good 25 pounds on him and has a much lower body fat percentage the Cormier. Cormier is kinda pudgy and could easily make LHW while Mir is one of the Bigger Heavyweights. I could see Mir doing what he did to Roy Nelson to DC

lol at you calling people haters and then saying Mir will do what he did to Nelson. Oh really he's going to continually take Cormier down and beat him with top control? yeah somehow I doubt that.

It's funny how Mir hating usually equates to picking against him in a fight.

I also love you using Cormier having a higher percentage of body fat as some barometer of his skill. Jesus I hope you don't gamble on fights because you have hilariously awful reasons for picking fighters to win.

These type of threads happen everytime Mir fights.....and most of the time they are bumped after the fight so we can laugh at everybody in here that said Mir would get destroyed..

People never learn.

can dc hang with mir on the ground. obviosuly the wrestling advantage goes to mir but frank will have a big size and power advantage along with superior jujitsu. its a hard one to call but iv said it since day 1.. dc is good but his hype train is stupid.

Mir was nearly Koed by the cadaver of Nogueira. Cormier is going to toy with him.

These type of threads happen everytime Mir fights.....and most of the time they are bumped after the fight so we can laugh at everybody in here that said Mir would get destroyed..

People never learn.

ajlekk.gif

Ugh. I feel like a jackass saying this, but I hate people who use remarks like "Frank Mir has a glass chin" or "Frank Mir can't take a shot". It's not that he can't take a shot, it's that his striking offense is so see-through and poor defensively that he always ends up getting caught on either the chin, because he doesn't hide it behind his shoulders, or on the temple or behind the ear because he leaves his jabs hanging.

Now, one might ask why I'm even talking about Frank Mir's weak chin myth. Well, here it is: technical faults are what will make Mir lose to Cormier, not his bad chin. Cormier has a way smaller amount of negative striking tendancies than Mir does, mainly because of him having highly skilled and proven trainers since the very beginning of his career, unlike Mir.

lol i remember some months ago, maybe 1 year when people said that mirs striking was 3d best in hw division

lol i remember some months ago, maybe 1 year when people said that mirs striking was 3d best in hw division

Must be the same people who admire Big Nog's superb Cuban style boxing...

He has better striking and will tear a limb off if it goes to the ground. I know people on here love to hate on Mir, but he is going to derail that hype train.

Mir is going to derail the Cormier hype train the same way he derailed the Carwin, Lesnar and dos Santos hype trains.

ON THE GROUND GETTING DESTROYED.

I'm going to bump this when the time comes.

Mir doesn't have a weak chin, he was never knocked out by a single shot like Schaub or Arlovski or Cro Cop.. Mir has poor striking defense, which means he ends up eating multiple of these knockout shots before his spirit breaks completely and he gives up

it's a terrible fight for mir, he usually gets stomped by wrestlers!

cormier tko round 1.

As much as I like Mir and his style, DC is too much, his wrestling and striking, without lack of conditioning is way too much for Mir.

Back