Mir is going to destroy Cormier

He has better striking and will tear a limb off if it goes to the ground. I know people on here love to hate on Mir, but he is going to derail that hype train.

Just like JDS fight

i won't be shocked at all if frank finishes him

Mir is much more technical with his strikes he has very good balance. If frank comes in in less bulky hopefully around 250 he will beat DC. DC is very overated right now i think people need to calm down.

I did just watch the Dion Staring fight... I couldn't believe that Dion was actually a fighter.. he looked more like some guy they brought in from the street to give DC an easy win for his last strikeforce fight, no technique, no game plan.. the dude had nothing

Mir is much more technical with his strikes he has very good balance. If frank comes in in less bulky hopefully around 250 he will beat DC. DC is very overated right now i think people need to calm down.

How is he more technical? Mir has decent knees in the clinch but clinching with Cormier is going to result in getting taken down. Mir has a horrible chin and Cormier is much faster I doubt Mir is going to be much lighter than 260 it was a bad idea from the beginning to bulk up. He has a chance but it's not big

He has better striking and will tear a limb off if it goes to the ground. I know people on here love to hate on Mir, but he is going to derail that hype train.

redneck.jpg

Tell me more about last weekends mud belly-flop contests.

Franks gonna submit DC. This guys hype train will be derailed via superior competition in the UFC.

I think destroying Barnett, and big foot recently is better than anything mir has done in the last few years. I dont believe you can say with a straight face that cormier is just hype.

8 out of ten times...your entirely wrong. Your thinking Cormier would sit in range and strike with Mir? He would quickly wing hooks and go into clinch mode. Mir may be larger than him, but he has had horrible luck with any greco/standing clinch positions. Daniel Cormier is an entirely different monster than Roy Nelson.

002_Josh_Barnett_vs_Daniel_Cormier.jpg

Cookiemonster2_FB.jpg

Oh wait thats not right...
roy_nelson_3.jpg

Gotta love Roy though.

Destroy Cormier? No. Very unlikely. Give Cormier a very competitive fight and a true test of his ability? Yes, though that shouldn't be a surprise to people who pay attention.

Don't think he has the ability to be able to take the shots of Cormier.

Obviously you cant count out Mir also.

Doubtful. I can't stand either fighter, but Mir won't be able to deal with Cormier's pursuit, and then his takedowns will hurt Mir's will, IMO

Can't stand Cormier?? Why?

Mir has a giant mouth, what has Cormier done?

This is a fun fight because it honestly has only two possible endings: Mir TKO'd from ground and pound, or Cormier tapping. Mir's only gone to decision 3 times in 22 fights: in his debut, in the 2nd fight after the accident, and versus Zombie Nelson. The judges can sit this one out.

Mir has a better striking than Cormier? I really don't agree with this... Cormier has a solid boxing, pretty heavy hands... and Mir doesn't have that chin.
The safe way to Cormier is keeping the fight standup and then knock Cormier out, this way he doesn't run any risks... if the fight goes to the ground, Mir is very dangerous with the subs..

the only person who seems impressed with mirs striking is himself.

Cormier landed heat both standing and on the ground. Staring had a good chin, Mir's can't handle that. Cormier ko 1

Back