Mir Believes He Is An

Mir's gonna have to come in as lean as possible. He won't be able to overpower Cormier anyway, and there's no way he is able to use his size in the clinch or in top position on the ground.

He will have to be fast, if he comes in looking like a big oaf again he'll surely lose.

I kinda see this going like the Bigfoot fight did where Cormier keeps it standing and lands big shots on Mir...however if it does go to the ground and he gets even the least bit lazy the Mir can snatch it away from him

The main thing put to the test will be Cormier's hands' health as he smashes Mir's faberge egg face.

Hahah Mir is such a boss. I aint even his fan but the dude is just a beast, been in the UFC since forever and always fighting top notch opponents and is still game. Hats off to him.

Hahah Mir is such a boss. I aint even his fan but the dude is just a beast, been in the UFC since forever and always fighting top notch opponents and is still game. Hats off to him.

Ditto. Another thing I like about him is that he seems more honest and objective than other fighters who tend to give cookie cutter answers.

its a good match. mir has a decent shot at taking it. doubtful, but not impossible.

He better utilize head movement and wrestling defense or Cormier will make him relive his nightmares of Brock.

Mir's standup has gotten a lot better and he has proven that he can take anyone's limbs home with him.

Mir referring to himself as a "test" doesn't sound promising.

i think mir knows he is going to lose

On the feet it's pretty even. Frank has the edge in terms of technique but Cormier has some solid speed and power.

Mir has only had trouble with one wrestler on the ground (contrary to what people believe, which was lesnar) and he had some of the best GnP in MMA at the time, not to mention he also had a 20 or so pound weight advantage (which Cormier certainly wont have). I give the ground to Mir.

Mir's key to winning the fight? Come in at around 240-245 to help negate some of Cormier's speed and focus on striking and not on defending the take down. Mir should be fairly comfortable off his back against Cormier.

Mir is going to get destroyed and the Cormier will be the next to fall under the Mir curse.

On the feet it's pretty even. Frank has the edge in terms of technique but Cormier has some solid speed and power.

Mir has only had trouble with one wrestler on the ground (contrary to what people believe, which was lesnar) and he had some of the best GnP in MMA at the time, not to mention he also had a 20 or so pound weight advantage (which Cormier certainly wont have). I give the ground to Mir.

Mir's key to winning the fight? Come in at around 240-245 to help negate some of Cormier's speed and focus on striking and not on defending the take down. Mir should be fairly comfortable off his back against Cormier.

I still can't believe that people still think Mir has good striking. Cormier is vastly superior in technique and effectiveness.

I still can't believe that people still think Mir has good striking. Cormier is vastly superior in technique and effectiveness.

Mir tooled Nelson, nog, and Kongo on the feet.

Let me guess though, you consider Bigfoots and Barrett's standup better than those ... Right?

I see what you mean but its tough to give the ground advantage to Mir. Cormier is a powerful former Olympian and will not be anywhere near a simple task to control on the ground.

As a Mir fan I have no interest in seeing this fight.

I mean I'll still watch, and root for Frankie, but I just don't see this going well for him.

As a Mir fan I usually don't see fights going well for him, but he surprised me often.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back