Mir Believes He Is An

let me know when barnett starts fighting people that matter again.

mirs recent resume is far better than barnetts.

Thank you!

It blows my mind that people still like to play make believe, pretending that Barnett's done much of anything relevant lately.

I think Mir is highly competitive in this one imo. He will not be worried about the takedown because I am sure he will be wanting this fight to go to the ground. Cormier only has a 71in reach. Mir has a 79in reach. I also believe Mir has much better striking and will be able to utilize it from the outside with little fear of being taken down. I can see Mir winning a decision on the feet or by submission if DC decides to take him down.

Last edited:
I dont know why Mir has to take 50 words to say what others can say in 10. Guess thats why people think hes so smart.

lol, I never realized that. its true, he's a talker, which makes him engaging, to me atleast

he is.

everyone pretending like mir isnt a game opponent is beyond retarded.

herp a derp derp mir cant strike! tell that to roy nelson, mirko, nog, and kongo.

I'm on board with this.

never can tell with Mir, this board had him getting drubbed by Roy, Kongo, Nog, etc and he beat them all handily

then again he could go braindead like the Carwin fight and get punched in the face 30 straight times too...

never can tell with Mir, this board had him getting drubbed by Roy, Kongo, Nog, etc and he beat them all handily

then again he could go braindead like the Carwin fight and get punched in the face 30 straight times too...

That's the beauty about Mir. You really never know what's gonna happen.

I agree,I'm a big Mir fan but I don't expect much from him at this stage of his long career.I think fun fights are better for him than another title run.I want too see a rematch with carwin.

Frank can't stand with Kongo. Smashes Kongo.

Frank can't stand with Roy Nelson. Smashes Roy Nelson.

Frank can't stand with Cro Cop. Knocks out Cro Cop.

Frank can't stand with Noguiera. Knocks out Nogueira.

Frank doesn't have the ground game of Noguiera. Submits Noguiera.

Every fight he has, he's just a lamb to the slaughter. No no no, think again.

wasn't he favoured in every one of those fights apart from the first one against Nog though?

he can beat Cormier, sure, but when it comes down to it Mir's not very durable, has some big holes defensively, and has pretty poor wrestling. He's also been looking particularly slow and sluggish of late (imho) and could do with dropping the muscle suit.

It's still a decent test for DC as Mir is still an upper level HW who brings a fairly unique skill set to the table, but it's not exactly hard to see why Cormier will be a prohibitive favourite.

well, we know that the mir hate in here is huge, but there is one thing everyone will agree with: NO one ever wouldve expected his comeback after that motorcycle crash!

I think Barnett was already a tougher test. Mir does have some slick submission skills though and could catch Cormier if he's not careful.

I agree that Mir is at the "fun fight" stage of his career. They should pair him up with Struve or Barnett, the fans love those matchups.

Mir will win this fight...Cormier has never fought someone with the bottom game combined with the strength of Mir. Mir via submission.
I think Bigfoot is stronger but I don't think he was able to use that advantage.

Still, Cormier is a beast in his own right. Insert Barnett slam gif here.
so which of barnetts opponents would mir not walk through?

Sergei could give him trouble if he's in decent shape and Rogers could maybe get lucky with a few punches. He would probably win both of those handily though, just like Barnett did.

Mir vs barnett
Cormier vs jds is better

Good idea if it weren't for the fact that Cormier will be reluctant to fight Cain and it could potentially ruin/delay a good rubber match between Cain and JDS.

But Mir vs Barnett is an obvious choice. Its one of those few things almost all sherdoggers agree on.

As a Mir fan I have no interest in seeing this fight.

I mean I'll still watch, and root for Frankie, but I just don't see this going well for him.

so which of barnetts opponents would mir not walk through?

Mir would be favorite against all Barnetts recent wins too. Not arguing that. I was just replying that Mir's recent wins might look better on paper, but that Barnett would probably beat those guys as well.

If Cormier can beat Barnett, he damn sure has a very good chance of beating Mir as well.

Ish doesn't sound good, he makes himself sound like a stepping stone or a gatekeeper.

He's planning on losing

I feel he's turned into a company man for Dana and Zuffa.

I don't think he wants to fight anymore. He is just doing it for the money and his family now.

Back