Mir Believes He Is An

i see mir getting tagged w a sloppy hook after he tries a bit to get the fight to the mat unsuccessfully

but if mir pulled this off, it would be huge for his career i think

Ish doesn't sound good, he makes himself sound like a stepping stone or a gatekeeper.

He's planning on losing

I feel he's turned into a company man for Dana and Zuffa.

i see mir getting tagged w a sloppy hook after he tries a bit to get the fight to the mat unsuccessfully

but if mir pulled this off, it would be huge for his career i think

Mir has had the most deserved title shots in UFC history. Let's see if he can fumble together another run for Cain

I dont know why Mir has to take 50 words to say what others can say in 10. Guess thats why people think hes so smart.

He's going to be a good test to see how good of a job Comirer's surgeon done on his right hand.

he is.

everyone pretending like mir isnt a game opponent is beyond retarded.

herp a derp derp mir cant strike! tell that to roy nelson, mirko, nog, and kongo.

Mir has a history of fairing very well against the Wrestlers/Striker Combo.

herp a derp derp mir cant strike! tell that to roy nelson, mirko, nog, and kongo.

Now, I'm not by any means saying Mir "can't strike", but his striking technique definitely has it's, especially defensive, flaws. He tends to leave his jabs hanging, and gets punished for it constantly by overhand rights. Mir also has a bad habit of not tucking in his chin and hiding his jawline behind his shoulders while punching.

This is why he gets "caught" so often, and also the reason why Cormier, who seemingly hasn't developed nearly as many negative striking tendancies, will blast him standing up.

Mir is a threat to most fighters. Ya he has his loses but he is probably the best fighter Cormier has faced in his career.

Ya he has his loses but he is probably the best fighter Cormier has faced in his career.

Now this is a notion I simply can't agree with at this point. I feel like Bigfoot is the most dangerous opponent Cormier has faced so far, but I'd definitely rank Mir above Barnett.

I consider Mir to be a slightly more accomplished Josh Barnett and with a pretty similar skillset. This is certainly Cormier's fight to lose, but if Mir has shown anything in his career it's that he can pull off subs from the bottom.

I'm looking for Cormier to knock Mir down with an overhand right, Mir to eat a lot of shots from half guard and gas his arms and hips out trying for a power sub that Cormier defends, then come out exhausted in the second round, get dropped again and finished.

but I could be wrong. I often am.

I think mir might win an upset if cormier decides to play it safe.... mir definitely doesnt play it safe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back