Mir Believes He Is An

Mir and Barnett are very similar fighters. I see the fight going the same as the Barnett fight.

One difference, is that mir has more power in his punches standig. If mir can look faster then he did in the jds fight, he might have a chance

Maybe, but I'm just not so sure. Not because Sergei is a beast who can't be beat, but because Mir just isn't even decent at wrestling. Josh got his take down from the clinch (if I recall the fight correctly). I don't see Mir doing the same, which means that he's going to have to shoot (slowly) from the outside. I think Sergei knocks Mir out on the way in.

Just so we're clear though, anyone with even decent wrestling would beat Sergei at this point. I'm just not sure Mir has decent wrestling!

monson doesnt have very good takedowns either.

I think Mir will lose a stand up fight not because of technique but rather his Chin.

Cormier will not risk taking Mir down ... it will be standing and Mir's chin will betray him.

he is.

everyone pretending like mir isnt a game opponent is beyond retarded.

herp a derp derp mir cant strike! tell that to roy nelson, mirko, nog, and kongo.
This. Mir gets way to little respect here. His abilities shouldn't be questioned. Yes, he often fades after a couple of big shots from heavy hitters. Yes, Brock fucked him up. He also has pulled off some amazing wins, and not that long ago.

i see mir getting tagged w a sloppy hook after he tries a bit to get the fight to the mat unsuccessfully

but if mir pulled this off, it would be huge for his career i think

wtf are you talking about? mir is a future hall of famer, holds most hw fights and wins in the ufc, most subbs in hw and so on. cormier has to proof himself, not mir.

sherdog mur haters... :rolleyes:

Now this is a notion I simply can't agree with at this point. I feel like Bigfoot is the most dangerous opponent Cormier has faced so far, but I'd definitely rank Mir above Barnett.

Mir is more dangerous than Bigfoot better on the feet and ground imo.

I want Mir to finish DC simply because Daniel won't STFU. Barnett is a good win, and so is Bigfoot...but you don't beat a couple fringe top-10 guys, grind out a no namer, and then start calling out Jon Jones.

a) He's not in your weightclass

b) He is the champion

c) He's friggin Jon Jones, and you're Daniel Cormier for F sake

It's retarded.

let me know when barnett starts fighting people that matter again.

mirs recent resume is far better than barnetts.

The 'recent resume' doesnt tell the whole story.

Mirs recent wins - Nogueira, Nelson, CroCop
Considering Barnetts skillset and expirience I'd have a hard time putting money against him should he have fought any or those guys instead of Mir.

Nogueira has been beaten by Barnett before, when he was still closer to his prime

Nelson does not pose any significant threat - his striking isnt THAT good besides his big right hand, and he wouldnt stop Barnett from taking him down. He isnt exactly known for submissions off his back either.

CroCop has beaten Barnett 3 times, stylistic nightmare if there ever was one. The version of CroCop that fought Mir though isnt the same man that fought back in Pride.

Considering Barnetts skillset and expirience I'd have a hard time putting money against him should he have fought any or those guys instead of Mir.

Nogueira has been beaten by Barnett before, when he was still closer to his prime

Nelson does not pose any significant threat - his striking isnt THAT good besides his big right hand, and he wouldnt stop Barnett from taking him down. He isnt exactly known for submissions off his back either.

CroCop has beaten Barnett 3 times, stylistic nightmare if there ever was one. The version of CroCop that fought Mir though isnt the same man that fought back in Pride.

Considering Mirs skillset and expirience I'd have a hard time putting money against him should he have fought any or those guys instead of Cormier.

works in boths ways bro
:wink:

so which of barnetts opponents would mir not walk through?

The way he worded it is definitely odd. He sounds extremely humble and possibly resigned to losing. I'm not sold on Cormier. He's definitely beatable, I'm just not sure that Mir offers the right skill set to do it.

I can't see Mir outstriking Cormier on the feet. Cormier's strategy should be to keep the fight standing.

Were people honestly expecting instead for Mir to say something along the lines of "I have absolutely zero confidence in my abilities at this point in my career!"?

I think if this fight goes to the ground Cormier will have his Submission Defense put to the test. Or it will look exactly like DC's fight with Barnett.

Frank can't stand with Kongo. Smashes Kongo.

Frank can't stand with Roy Nelson. Smashes Roy Nelson.

Frank can't stand with Cro Cop. Knocks out Cro Cop.

Frank can't stand with Noguiera. Knocks out Nogueira.

Frank doesn't have the ground game of Noguiera. Submits Noguiera.

Every fight he has, he's just a lamb to the slaughter. No no no, think again.

8378170280_2085c2b3c6.jpg

Frank can't stand with Kongo. Smashes Kongo.

Frank can't stand with Roy Nelson. Smashes Roy Nelson.

Frank can't stand with Cro Cop. Knocks out Cro Cop.

Frank can't stand with Noguiera. Knocks out Nogueira.

Frank doesn't have the ground game of Noguiera. Submits Noguiera.

Every fight he has, he's just a lamb to the slaughter. No no no, think again.

"b-b-b-b-buuut he lost to brock and carwin"

wow you fight the best in their primes and sometimes you lose? NO WAY!

Back