Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

His wife and the woman he was cheating with used to be Good Friends. He was her DI School Instructor back around 2010.

th

Yup he's done . He dropped his Appendix J on Monday. They just haven't updated the sites just yet. It's not a good week for the Sgt Maj of the Marine Corps he has a say in who each RTR Sgt Maj is on each coast so , this was definitely a kick to the balls.
Well he looks like a dick so fuck him, too!

A guy I deployed with was married to a female marine. Got back and found out she had cheated on him. He starts seeing some other chick before they're officially separated and the COC hammers him for adultery. Like him and his ex weren't even living together anymore. I think it kept him from reenlisting.
Same with a SNCO in another platoon who got a DUI and he didn't lose rank. Was just another reason to countdown the days until that sweet, sweet DD214.
I've seen it a lot of times. If a guy is nearing retirement then the punishment is almost always forcing them to retire. They have to do something pretty fucked up for anything worse to come out of it.

Time to get stupid again. Who comes up with this shit?
Medal of Honor with "V" device will be next. I'm so happy I'm retired.
What is a Commendation Medal with a "V" device?
Story: 12 military awards now eligible for new 'C' and 'R' devices, and 2 no longer rate a 'V' (militarytimes.com)
251038210_10222985186771023_7258405776526835388_n.jpg
I don't really see the point of the R device. At least not for the Army. All that means is you were deployed somewhere. Doesn't your deployment patch serves that same function ?

I don't really see the point of the R device. At least not for the Army. All that means is you were deployed somewhere. Doesn't your deployment patch serves that same function ?
Yes.
Basic Training ribbon will soon also be eligible for "V" device. Everyone is now a 'hero.'

I don't know why this blew up because Royal Marine commandos are basically SOF. They have their own selection and basic training is 32 weeks.

I don't know why this blew up because Royal Marine commandos are basically SOF. They have their own selection and basic training is 32 weeks.

Isn't it essentially just boot camp and SOI rolled together?

I only worked with them during the initial invasion. Only thing I remembered is pretty much all of them were older Sgt's. So I guess more mature and professional at least at the squad level.

Isn't it essentially just boot camp and SOI rolled together?

I only worked with them during the initial invasion. Only thing I remembered is pretty much all of them were older Sgt's. So I guess more mature and professional at least at the squad level.
No they have their own version of SOI afterwards. Another 28 weeks.

Only thing I remembered is pretty much all of them were older Sgt's. So I guess more mature and professional at least at the squad level.
Bingo!
Older, more mature, and more experienced. I'll bet they were all hand-picked with no females.

* Those cocky British guys in the video forgot that Americans defeated the British in the Revolutionary War. Colonial weekend warriors!

. British SAS training currently has a 93% failure rate.
. French Foreign Legion training currently has a 84% failure rate.
. U.S. Army Ranger school currently has a 60% failure rate.
. U.S. Navy SEAL school currently has a 75% failure rate.

Last edited:
Bingo!
Older, more mature, and more experienced. I'll bet they were all hand-picked with no females.

That was the gist of it. Never saw a female, but I never ran into them back in garrison, just in the field. Mostly senior guys, but the impression I got was since they didn't really deploy en masse to Iraq during the initial invasion, the guys they sent were generally careerists of guys with about 8 years in.

Only interacted with them during the initial invasion back on '03. I was with 1st Recon then, on loan from 1st Radio Recon. I think most were the Royal equivalent to our LAV crewman. 1st Recon moved a bunch with the LAV's, as they were usually the farthest units north at the time.

That was the gist of it. Never saw a female, but I never ran into them back in garrison, just in the field. Mostly senior guys, but the impression I got was since they didn't really deploy en masse to Iraq during the initial invasion, the guys they sent were generally careerists of guys with about 8 years in.
I don't know the quality of the U.S. Marines sent to this exercise. I don't think the U.S. military takes these exercises with foreign troops too seriously. Plus, some of these units, to include U.S. forces, tend to cheat and not play by the rules. I believe a reference was made to NTC (National Training Center, Ft. Irwin, U.S. Army) in the desert. I don't see the OPFOR (Opposing Force) turning their equipment over to the British to attack the friendly forces. Same for JRTC (Joint Readiness Training Center, Ft. Polk).

* The British did not win the War of 1812, it was inconclusive, or a military draw. British folks love to bring up that war. The inferior troops of Andrew Jackson destroyed the British Army during the Battle of New Orleans in 1815. Also, I recall the British Marines having a difficult time with the Argentine Army during the 1982 Falkland War. The British won but took a good number of casualties.

Last edited:
I don't know the quality of the U.S. Marines sent to this exercise. I don't think the U.S. military takes these exercises with foreign troops too seriously. Plus, some of these units, to include U.S. forces, tend to cheat and not play by the rules. I believe a reference was made to NTC (National Training Center, Ft. Irwin, U.S. Army) in the desert. I don't see the OPFOR (Opposing Force) turning their equipment over to the British to attack the friendly forces. Same for JRTC (Joint Readiness Training Center, Ft. Polk).

I only did 5 years, but I never recall meeting anyone that participated in this type of scored unit on unit war game. Maybe some joint service exercises where we patrolled against another unit or something. But scoring kills and declaring one side a winner, was something I never dealt with.

* The British did not win the War of 1812, it was inconclusive, or a military draw. British folks love to bring up that war. The inferior troops of Andrew Jackson destroyed the British Army during the Battle of New Orleans in 1815. Also, I recall the British Marines having a difficult time with the Argentine Army during the 1982 Falkland War. The British won but took a good number of casualties.

I grew up in Algiers, LA. My family goes back generations further downriver in Lafitte Parish. There are some good ole boys that can take the fan boats out and point out where the British landed and what routes they took to march on New Orleans. Really easy to tell how the locals were able to just bleed them for days in the swamp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back