Mike Perry at a loss after UFC on ABC 2: 'I used to be great

He is his own worst enemy.
I feel bad for the guy in a way but, ya can't help a guy like that unless he wants it on his own terms.

He struggles mightily with anyone who is even remotely rangy and longer than him. Loses every time, can't get inside. (Jouban, Neal, Griffin, Means, Rodriguez, even Gall, etc etc.)

He has 1 fight left, they'll resign him if he wins and is 8-8 with his style.

He needs to fight a grappler that will look to get close (Perry is strong in the clinch) or a smaller brawler like him.

Perry vs Barbarena would be the perfect fight for him. If he can't beat him with his back against the wall he should be cut.

I mean yeah if you mean he will always be a low ranked ufc fighter. Clearly not what im talking about. He would have more opportunity to build himself up in a lesser organization. Not sure how anyone could argue this.
You said he wasn’t UFC caliber, not that he wasn’t an elite fighter. Luque is a great fighter and Perry was one or two punches from getting a win against him. He may have mental issues, but he can be a great fighter with the right coaches and he can beat a lot of fighters in the UFC.

He struggles mightily with anyone who is even remotely rangy and longer than him. Loses every time, can't get inside. (Jouban, Neal, Griffin, Means, Rodriguez, even Gall, etc etc.)

He has 1 fight left, they'll resign him if he wins and is 8-8 with his style.

He needs to fight a grappler that will look to get close (Perry is strong in the clinch) or a smaller brawler like him.

Perry vs Barbarena would be the perfect fight for him. If he can't beat him with his back against the wall he should be cut.
I mean to me it seems like Barbarena would be a harder fight than the one he just had.

You said he wasn’t UFC caliber, not that he wasn’t an elite fighter. Luque is a great fighter and Perry was one or two punches from getting a win against him. He may have mental issues, but he can be a great fighter with the right coaches and he can beat a lot of fighters in the UFC.

I've watched that fight a few times because it's a great scrap. I score it for Perry every time. Think he won. Luque is great, but he fought a dumb fight. If you fight Perry in a close range phonebooth brawl you have a good chance at losing.

I mean to me it seems like Barbarena would be a harder fight than the one he just had.

But a guy like Barbarena is more his size. Would guarantee a close range slugfest, which is the kind of fight he can win.

His been the same ever since he came in no improvements at all, anyone who comes in with a game plan rather just brawl with him going to get the better of him. His unable to do anything else other than marched forward and throw bombs.

But a guy like Barbarena is more his size. Would guarantee a close range slugfest, which is the kind of fight he can win.
Both guys capable of having a bloodbath so i hope for that.

#StillMyBoy

OceanSpray Perry will be future WMMA champ

#LatoryNation

Dude is like an untrained dog approaching end of life. No guidance and no discipline, and nobody willing to take him in.

He will end up exaxtly like Mayhem...Sad but true.

#StillMyBoy

OceanSpray Perry will be future WMMA champ

#LatoryNation
Bruce Buffer gotta hang in there long enough to announce him

OCEAN...SPRAYYYY!!!!!! PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYY

" I used to be great ".
This is the type of silliness I'm really getting tired of. Lol, why would such a statement cross the mind of Perry. This dude s ultimate goal should be gatekeeper status......and thsts not happening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back